Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GOOD LUCK @hellanutella and @ProbablyAPenguin and anyone else with an interview today whom I might have forgotten!!! You guys are going to do really great and I can't wait to hear all about it :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those with interviews today. How were they?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys make me so happy, I love good news! Keep it up I see a bright future ahead for yall!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Guys, this is totally random and not at all related to what anyone has been talking about, but does anyone have a similar problem with MDApps as me? Half of my schools just got automatically italicized, and I don't know how. It's a super minor problem, but being the slightly obsessive-compulsive person that I am, it irks me. Anyone know how to fix it? :D

Had a lot going on this summer and waiting to submit spring quarter grades didn't help, but I'm finally almost done submitting all secondaries. Might join the @ProbablyAPenguin trend even though I didn't apply to Duke. Being a penguin might help me stand out in the rapidly increasing wave of not early applicants. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...

Guys, this is totally random and not at all related to what anyone has been talking about, but does anyone have a similar problem with MDApps as me? Half of my schools just got automatically italicized, and I don't know how. It's a super minor problem, but being the slightly obsessive-compulsive person that I am, it irks me. Anyone know how to fix it? :D

Hmm.. try doing < /i > at the end of your brief profile or perhaps end of summary of app experience? Maybe somewhere, you italicized without closing it? Cause it seems to have affected everything on the page from a certain point, including the page footer.

Congratulations times a million on Yale by the way!

Hmm.. try doing < /i > at the end of your brief profile or perhaps end of summary of app experience? Maybe somewhere, you italicized without closing it? Cause it seems to have affected everything on the page from a certain point, including the page footer.

Congratulations times a million on Yale by the way!
So basically, I just went in and littered my school entries with </i>. I mean, I just put them everywhere. And it worked! Thank you so much!

And you're too kind. I'm not entirely sure that I'm not dreaming right now. :p

Reactions: 3 users
Holy Arceus, Harvard? @Person0715, you must be so happy right now!

Members don't see this ad :)
Man I missed a lot.. Congratulating everyone who completed interviews today and sending positive vibes to those who will be interviewing later this week.

What a day for the class of 2019! @sunflower gets love from Mayo, @Person0715 gets love from Harvard , @wolverine2015grad gets love from Yale, and @Copernicium gets love from Columbia.... Superstars... all of you. Congratulations to you all :thumbup:

Reactions: 4 users
Man I missed a lot.. Congratulating everyone who completed interviews today and sending positive vibes to those who will be interviewing later this week.

What a day for the class of 2019! @sunflower gets love from Mayo, @Person0715 gets love from Harvard , @wolverine2015grad gets love from Yale, and @Copernicium gets love from Columbia.... Superstars... all of you. Congratulations to you all :thumbup:

Thank you!!!!!!! Can't believe I missed @Copernicium!! Congrats ahhh!! I'm not near my computer so I don't have mdapps open, sorry! BUT CONGRATS WOOOO!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Holy crap – I spend a day away from the computer and this happens?

Sunflower, that is amazing news! (Even better knowing how much of a top choice Mayo is for you!). Hope you have a brilliant time in Rochester! Wow, words cannot adequately express how happy I am for you! If I was less drowsy I'd type more, but I'm kind of delirious with hunger. (It's way past Nutella's supper time).

And Person and Penguin are beasts, enough said. I know you guys are going to be simply spectacular.

Oh yiss, Copernicum! Your cycle is looking really, really sweet! :D

My interview day was super low-key and the other interviewees were very friendly! I came in anxious and left excited for the interviews ahead of me. Can't wait for what the coming months will bring!

Reactions: 5 users
Whelp. Just checked into my hotel and saw some other slightly-dazed premeds piling into the lobby.

Things just got real.

How can you tell that they're slightly dazed pre meds? Hahahah

Wow this cycle is getting so real :0

How can you tell that they're slightly dazed pre meds? Hahahah

Wow this cycle is getting so real :0

Picture this: a lobby filled with a bunch of twenty-somethings in college hoodies, lugging about overstuffed duffle-bags and gingerly holding freshly-pressed suits. Everyone is milling about nervously, but not talking to one another.

Got to be the night before a med school interview.

Reactions: 5 users
Picture this: a lobby filled with a bunch of twenty-somethings in college hoodies, lugging about overstuffed duffle-bags and gingerly holding freshly-pressed suits. Everyone is milling about nervously, but not talking to one another.

Witnessed said scene tonight in Pittsburgh. Can confirm. I wanted to burst into song and dance just to lighten the mood.

Holy crap – I spend a day away from the computer and this happens?

Sunflower, that is amazing news! (Even better knowing how much of a top choice Mayo is for you!). Hope you have a brilliant time in Rochester! Wow, words cannot adequately express how happy I am for you! If I was less drowsy I'd type more, but I'm kind of delirious with hunger. (It's way past Nutella's supper time).

And Person and Penguin are beasts, enough said. I know you guys are going to be simply spectacular.

Oh yiss, Copernicum! Your cycle is looking really, really sweet! :D

My interview day was super low-key and the other interviewees were very friendly! I came in anxious and left excited for the interviews ahead of me. Can't wait for what the coming months will bring!

Thank you soooo so much!!! :) I hope you're able to eat food soon!!! Wait what time do you normally eat? It's only 6:30! hahaha

I'm so glad that your interview went well! That's awesome!! I'm sure the rest of your interviews will go just as well :)

Witnessed said scene tonight in Pittsburgh. Can confirm. I wanted to burst into song and dance just to lighten the mood.

Oh gosh. I'll let y'all know if DC is the same way three nights from now!

Ahh thank you so much!!! I hope so! :) When is your first interview? It's at Einstein, right? You're gonna do awesome!

Mine is not for another few weeks. Still procrastinating...

Oh ok! So you're going to have a whole bunch in a short period of time, huh? That's gonna be a whirlwind! But it'll be really exciting :) I can't wait to hear about everyone's experiences on the interview trail! And maybe I'll even run into you at NYU or Mayo :)

Thank you soooo so much!!! :) I hope you're able to eat food soon!!! Wait what time do you normally eat? It's only 6:30! hahaha

I'm so glad that your interview went well! That's awesome!! I'm sure the rest of your interviews will go just as well :)

Oh gosh. I'll let y'all know if DC is the same way three nights from now!

I'm one of those freaks of nature that eat at 5 pm; I wake up super early, so all my meals are shifted forward by a few hours. Excited to hear about your DC trip!

You'll be proud to know that multiple people brought up sdn at my interview (I was slightly eavesdropping) – but nobody admitted to being a regular poster. :ninja:

How are you going to fit all your interviews in? :eek: Any chance you'll be withdrawing from some?

I'm one of those freaks of nature that eat at 5 pm; I wake up super early, so all my meals are shifted forward by a few hours.
We seriously should be best friends... and we can be the only people under 65 enjoying our early bird specials for dinner :D. I get cranky if I have to wait to eat until normal people hours :(.

We seriously should be best friends... and we can be the only people under 65 enjoying our early bird specials for dinner :D. I get cranky if I have to wait to eat until normal people hours :(.

It's on. You, me. 5 am cookie breakfast. Working early morning scribe shifts permanently altered my meal patterns.

On the upside, I save so much money on happy hour deals with my old fogey eating habits. However, there's a lot of times I end up eating at 5, being invited out for supper at 7, and end up eating two full meals... :oops:

It's on. You, me. 5 am cookie breakfast. Working early morning scribe shifts permanently altered my meal patterns.

On the upside, I save so much money on happy hour deals with my old fogey eating habits. However, there's a lot of times I end up eating at 5, being invited out for supper at 7, and end up eating two full meals... :oops:
Did someone say cookies? @No Limits I'm sure working the crazy hours of a scribe has prepared you for rotations! I'm not looking forward to living in the hospital for a year :x.

And yeah, saving money is always an added bonus! People always comment how I eat light and healthy dishes when I go out; little do they know that this isn't my dinner but a post-dinner snack :D.

How are you going to fit all your interviews in? :eek: Any chance you'll be withdrawing from some?

It's gonna be a whirlwind of interviews for the latter half of September and most of October. I'm thinking I can push the non-rolling schools back to early november, but would that be considered too late?

Last edited:
It's gonna be a whirlwind of interviews for the latter half of September and most of October. I'm thinking I can push the non-rolling schools back to early november, but would that be considered too late?
It shouldn't matter if they're truly non rolling (Like Cornell and Yale).

Did someone say cookies? @No Limits I'm sure working the crazy hours of a scribe has prepared you for rotations! I'm not looking forward to living in the hospital for a year :x.

And yeah, saving money is always an added bonus! People always comment how I eat light and healthy dishes when I go out; little do they know that this isn't my dinner but a post-dinner snack :D.
Cookies? Who's got cookies? What flavor??? Never mind the flavor, I love them all! Just share!!
giphy.gif

Proud to see how all of you'll are doing! SDN Class of 2019 represent!

I may see you there! Which day are you interviewing at Einstein. Also for all of you that will be visiting Hooville soon don't be a stranger. I have plenty of suggestions for food and tourist attractions! I'm looking at you @hellanutella .

Gee willikers! This a thread of application maniacs, and here I am absolutely walking on sunshine and dreamin with my two interviews haha.

Just a little jelly.

Gee willikers! This a thread of application maniacs, and here I am absolutely walking on sunshine and dreamin with my two interviews haha.

Just a little jelly.

Two interviews this early is great!! Seriously!! You should be so excited and proud of yourself -- don't let anything take that away from you!! Besides, at the end of the cycle, it doesn't matter how many interviews you had, cause you can only attend one school. So no worries! You're doing great! :)

Posted using SDN Mobile

I may see you there! Which day are you interviewing at Einstein. Also for all of you that will be visiting Hooville soon don't be a stranger. I have plenty of suggestions for food and tourist attractions! I'm looking at you @hellanutella .

What's hooville..? I thought that was the village in the grinch!! (Whoville, technically...)

Posted using SDN Mobile

What's hooville..? I thought that was the village in the grinch!! (Whoville but same thing haha)

Posted using SDN Mobile
One of the school's nicknames is the "Hoos" so it is just an amusing nickname for Charlottesville :)

Two interviews this early is great!! Seriously!! You should be so excited and proud of yourself -- don't let anything take that away from you!! Besides, at the end of the cycle, it doesn't matter how many interviews you had, cause you can only attend one school. So no worries! You're doing great! :)

Posted using SDN Mobile
I'm insanely excited for interviews, merely impressed by the fellas here!

I'm insanely excited for interviews, merely impressed by the fellas here!
Even after the first invites it's like this:
ariel-i-want-more.gif

But seriously Tulane and USC are great places to interview at! Maybe I will see you in New Orleans!

Omg I just got my second this morning!! It's going to be a great day. I was scared from the start that I wouldn't get any interviews and now I have 2 MD interviews, the joy is overwhelming ahhh!!! :)

YES @ProbablyAPenguin ! Rock that Perelman II!!! I sometimes come to this thread if I feel like seeing magic happen. Hasn't failed me once!! You guys rock, for real.

P.S. I swear I'm not a creep I just saw the latest thread update on the pre-allo main page the past two times and it happened to be these guyssss. Wooo!!

YES @ProbablyAPenguin ! Rock that Perelman II!!! I sometimes come to this thread if I feel like seeing magic happen. Hasn't failed me once!! You guys rock, for real.

P.S. I swear I'm not a creep I just saw the latest thread update on the pre-allo main page the past two times and it happened to be these guyssss. Wooo!!
Hahaha thanks y'all are the best!

Good luck on your Pitt interview, @wolverine2015grad! Hope your fellow interviewees lighten up!

6a010535647bf3970b0163056620b5970d-500wi

Here's a wolverine cub because I actually forgot what wolverines looked like (Canadian fail). I guess they can be kinda cute when they're young – and then they become this terrifying raccoon/bear creature.

No IIs so far .......... I pray I don't have to reapply a third time .... :ninja:

Also, any like fantasy football or sports in general? Never any sports talk in here!!!