Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alright, I've been broken in. Everyone, meet minion penguin!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
contemplating placing a penguin on my mountain... :penguin:

also, this is probably a very dumb question, but I've scoured my profile edits and cannot figure out how to link my MDapps profile... how do I do that so that it adds the link to the left?
<<<

Members don't see this ad :)
also, this is probably a very dumb question, but I've scoured my profile edits and cannot figure out how to link my MDapps profile... how do I do that so that it adds the link to the left?
<<<
Under "Person Details" click "Preferences" scroll down and you'll find the box "MDapplicants ID:" where you can enter your MD applicant ID to link the account.

And I'm not just saying this out of curiosity of your application ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Under "Person Details" click "Preferences" scroll down and you'll find the box "MDapplicants ID:" where you can enter your MD applicant ID to link the account.

And I'm not just saying this out of curiosity of your application ;)

Thank you so much Hingle!
There is not much to see yet but you are welcome to creep on my MDapps, and I'm not just saying that because I already creeped on yours ;)
Congrats on the IIs BTW!

@hellanutella is a goddess among men. Congrats on Dartmouth!! :)

Oh my, if only. It was a very, very nice surprise to get while waiting around the airport. Thank you, Sunflower! Good luck at NYU this week and crossing my fingers Dartmouth sends you an II asap so you can combine it with your Vermont trip!

Can't wait to see the flood of IIs that are bound to come in this week. (Long weekend = II backlog?). And best of luck to all those interviewing this week. Hope to see some of y'all in NYC!

Reactions: 3 users
Oh my, if only. It was a very, very nice surprise to get while waiting around the airport. Thank you, Sunflower! Good luck at NYU this week and crossing my fingers Dartmouth sends you an II asap so you can combine it with your Vermont trip!

Can't wait to see the flood of IIs that are bound to come in this week. (Long weekend = II backlog?). And best of luck to all those interviewing this week. Hope to see some of y'all in NYC!

Thank you so much!!! Have an amazing time in NYC as well!!! Perhaps our paths will cross :D

Last week felt like a huge flood of IIs for me -- was it that way for other people? I try to keep track of what everyone else is getting and doing, but my first interview was last week so I was a bit frazzled and off of my stalker game hahaha. If last week wasn't a flood for y'all, I certainly hope this week is! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much!!! Have an amazing time in NYC as well!!! Perhaps our paths will cross :D

Last week felt like a huge flood of IIs for me -- was it that way for other people? I try to keep track of what everyone else is getting and doing, but my first interview was last week so I was a bit frazzled and off of my stalker game hahaha. If last week wasn't a flood for y'all, I certainly hope this week is! :)

Did you stay in DC to explore the area after your interview day?

Did you stay in DC to explore the area after your interview day?

I did! Saw the White House, the Washington Monument, the Capitol, some Smithsonian Museums, the Georgetown neighborhood... It was awesome! I also tried the restaurant that @moop recommended and it was very good. It was a nice trip!!

I did! Saw the White House, the Washington Monument, the Capitol, some Smithsonian Museums, the Georgetown neighborhood... It was awesome! I also tried the restaurant that @moop recommended and it was very good. It was a nice trip!!

That's awesome. Might as well take advantage of interviews by relaxing a bit and exploring the area.

Did you sightsee before or after your interview? How long did you end up staying in DC? I'm planning to do the same but it works out a lot better if I explore a couple days before my interview...but I wasn't sure if that would be a good idea (wouldn't be the very first interview I've had by then though).

That's awesome you got to see so much! Hope your interview went well!

That's awesome. Might as well take advantage of interviews by relaxing a bit and exploring the area.
Which is why I'm gonna indulge in Hershey chocolate after my Penn State interview :naughty:

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you sightsee before or after your interview? How long did you end up staying in DC? I'm planning to do the same but it works out a lot better if I explore a couple days before my interview...but I wasn't sure if that would be a good idea (wouldn't be the very first interview I've had by then though).

That's awesome you got to see so much! Hope your interview went well!

I did it after, but I'm going to explore NYC before my NYU interview. Should be fine!! :)

Which is why I'm gonna indulge in Hershey chocolate after my Penn State interview :naughty:

I bet the streets are paved with chocolate and dotted with chocolate fountains in Hershey, PA.

Reactions: 4 users
I bet the streets are paved with chocolate and dotted with chocolate fountains in Hershey, PA.
Actually it's really plain and just a regular old suburb-like town lol

Best of luck to everyone with interviews this week and let's hope the II's keep rolling in! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Holy crap. I was not quite ready for humidity. After 10+ years in the desert, I forgot what sauna-like weather was like.

But totally enamoured with NYC. Finally, people that walk as fast as I do! And food (of every imaginable sort)! Currently eating a huge raspberry/rose-creme tart in Central Park, cause this is one way to ease those pre-interview jitters.

Good luck with all your upcoming interviews! Hope everyone has safe and enjoyable travels. :D

Finally some good news, small pooled at MCW today! The penguin works! :)

Holy crap. I was not quite ready for humidity. After 10+ years in the desert, I forgot what sauna-like weather was like.

But totally enamoured with NYC. Finally, people that walk as fast as I do! And food (of every imaginable sort)! Currently eating a huge raspberry/rose-creme tart in Central Park, cause this is one way to ease those pre-interview jitters.

Good luck with all your upcoming interviews! Hope everyone has safe and enjoyable travels. :D

Other than the humidity, that sounds blissful!!!! No need to be jittery -- you're gonna do awesome :)

I'm trying to focus on school today but I'm just too excited about the fact that I will be in New York in 48 hours!!!!!!

I'm trying to focus on school today but I'm just too excited about the fact that I will be in New York in 48 hours!!!!!!

Ahh that's so exciting!! I want to come, too! Good luck and enjoy NY-- don't blame you for having trouble focusing, you're probably going to have an awesome time!

Other than the humidity, that sounds blissful!!!! No need to be jittery -- you're gonna do awesome :)

So exciting! Good luck!

lolololol "humidity" in early September ok man...you should visit in July and then we can talk about pit stains and swamp ass

Speaking of which where are you guys interviewing in NY? I can also give food recs

lolololol "humidity" in early September ok man...you should visit in July and then we can talk about pit stains and swamp ass
You got me. Weak Californian checking in. There was a time I used to live in places with actual seasons... and then I traded it all in for year-round 75C+ dry heat.

I'm in the Upper East Side for a week... know of any good locations?

You got me. Weak Californian checking in. There was a time I used to live in places with actual seasons... and then I traded it all in for year-round 75C+ dry heat.

I'm in the Upper East Side for a week... know of any good locations?
Oh ****. Where you won't go broke for a meal? (Unless you're looking to impress random girls you later take to the club?) No, even I don't pay those prices, and I don't understand why my parents do. UES/UWS suck, but walk into anywhere and you'll find really good food (esp French/Italian) for $$$$$$$$$$$$$

(Are you Asian?) Take the 6 downtown to Chinatown for Kung Fu Tea, and literally any Cantonese restaurant that has dim sum. Fay Da/Tai Pan Bakery, Chinatown Ice Cream Factory, Elizabeth Center (for random things that are cute) are nice locations there. Serendipity on Lex next to the Tram is cutesy, Wasabi Sushi in Times Square is imported from London (where I've been, and if it's anything like it it's amazing), Cafe Zaiya by Grand Central is great. Also literally any Korean BBQ in K-town (E 34th) will knock your balls off.

Are you looking for anything more specific than that?

Oh ****. Where you won't go broke for a meal? (Unless you're looking to impress random girls you later take to the club?) No, even I don't pay those prices, and I don't understand why my parents do. UES/UWS suck, but walk into anywhere and you'll find really good food (esp French/Italian) for $$$$$$$$$$$$$

(Are you Asian?) Take the 6 downtown to Chinatown for Kung Fu Tea, and literally any Cantonese restaurant that has dim sum. Fay Da/Tai Pan Bakery, Chinatown Ice Cream Factory, Elizabeth Center (for random things that are cute) are nice locations there. Serendipity on Lex next to the Tram is cutesy, Wasabi Sushi in Times Square is imported from London (where I've been, and if it's anything like it it's amazing), Cafe Zaiya by Grand Central is great. Also literally any Korean BBQ in K-town (E 34th) will knock your balls off.

You know @hellanutella isn't a guy right? :p

You know @hellanutella isn't a guy right? :p
I see.

giphy.gif

Reading about dim sum makes me hungry... but it's too lonely to go alone :(

omg @hellanutella!!!!! CONGRATS ON UCSF!!!!!! That's AMAZING omg!!!! What a great surprise while you're in NY!!!! You are incredible and I'm so impressed!!!

So I got a Starbucks today, and while waiting for for the drink, a Sudoku from our local paper on one of the tables caught my eye. There was an "easy" and a "hard" one, and, naturally (because I'm a procrastinator and I need to procrastinate on interview prep) I proceeded to spend the next hour or so solving the latter. Once that was done, I noticed the horoscope a bit lower on the page, and here's what mine said:

"Plan an event with friends. An enjoyable evening of entertainment will provide a welcome diversion from work-related stress and personal problems. Some interesting news is coming your way."

While I never ever believe in horoscopes, something about the events of the day (and this superstitious mood all the penguins are putting me in) makes me optimistic about these interesting news that await me! So I stole the paper and brought it home. Due to my apps and other factors, my family is going through some financial difficulties at the moment. I read my mom her horoscope and, sure enough, it read: "Make your finances a priority. Look into moneymaking schemes that will increase your revenue stream without a major cash outlay." We all had a good laugh. Anyways, here's to interesting news and cash inflow and horoscopes that turn out right once in a blue moon!

And of course, congratulations @hellanutella!! Never had a doubt.

omg @hellanutella!!!!! CONGRATS ON UCSF!!!!!! That's AMAZING omg!!!! What a great surprise while you're in NY!!!! You are incredible and I'm so impressed!!!

Thank you! I thought nobody could be more excited than I was, until I skyped my San Franciscan BFF (lol yes I just used "BFF"). He screamed so loudly I had to yank out my earbuds. Truly shocked but so so excited to visit. It's one of the few cities I have a (small) support network in.

Are you in NYC yet? Thus far I have enjoyed it a lot... I think I may be in love. :love: My wallet is not enjoying the ride, however.

Also kicking myself for not staying with a host at my first interview. The person that put me up at Cornell was so helpful and generous! I feel like staying with a host gives you a much better feel for the school and student body. With Irvine I left the interview day going "everyone was nice! I think we'd be good friends!" but with Cornell I left thinking "these are people I'd love to spend the next 4+ years of my life with." Moral of the story: if I'm fortunate enough to be accepted to UCI I'm going to do second look for sure.

@infinitessimal thank you! Hope there's some truth in your horoscope! (But not your mum's). Crossing my fingers you get some hefty scholarships!

Thank you! I thought nobody could be more excited than I was, until I skyped my San Franciscan BFF (lol yes I just used "BFF"). He screamed so loudly I had to yank out my earbuds. Truly shocked but so so excited to visit. It's one of the few cities I have a (small) support network in.

Are you in NYC yet? Thus far I have enjoyed it a lot... I think I may be in love. :love: My wallet is not enjoying the ride, however.

Also kicking myself for not staying with a host at my first interview. The person that put me up at Cornell was so helpful and generous! I feel like staying with a host gives you a much better feel for the school and student body. With Irvine I left the interview day going "everyone was nice! I think we'd be good friends!" but with Cornell I left thinking "these are people I'd love to spend the next 4+ years of my life with." Moral of the story: if I'm fortunate enough to be accepted to UCI I'm going to do second look for sure.

@infinitessimal thank you! Hope there's some truth in your horoscope! (But not your mum's). Crossing my fingers you get some hefty scholarships!

That's so so great :) I'm super stoked for you.

Going to upstate New York first! En route now :) unfortunately I didn't stay with a host at GW nor will i at Rochester or NYU :( I would have liked to, but the schools either didn't have host programs or nobody was available the night prior to my interview. I'm planning to stay with a host at most of my other interviews though! I'm glad you had a super positive experience :) did you love Cornell? I'm still holding out hope that they might take a chance on me one of these days!

Hahahahaha oh my god how did I miss this?

Nah, totally fine my bros. Unfortunately, no clubbing on interview trips. Thanks for the ramen suggestions; I'm ready to stuff myself with glorious foodstuffs today.

Going to upstate New York first! En route now :) unfortunately I didn't stay with a host at GW nor will i at Rochester or NYU :( I would have liked to, but the schools either didn't have host programs or nobody was available the night prior to my interview. I'm planning to stay with a host at most of my other interviews though! I'm glad you had a super positive experience :) did you love Cornell? I'm still holding out hope that they might take a chance on me one of these days!

Oh my god I loved it! I think I've been really spoiled, because I've had two positive interview experiences in a row. I'm afraid I'm going to fall in love with all my schools. Acceptances/rejections are probably going to be making the choice for me. :( I left Cornell feeling like it'd be a great "fit," but I have to wait until March and they reject so many people...

Enjoy upstate! Yeah, I feel you on the host difficulties. Most of my interviews didn't have the program up in time, so I'm super grateful for the hosts I managed to get.

I'm sure Cornell will come around! You're going to have an awesome time at NYU. I look forward to your school summaries!

Reactions: 2 users

I'm so jealous, @sunflower18. Upstate New York is so nice this time of year, but it doesn't last long! I will be heading up to Rochester as well in a couple of weeks.

And OMG @hellanutella, congrats on the UCSF invite!!

@Copernicium wow! Penn! Congratulations! :D Remember back when y'all were little, tiny premeds who hadn't even taken the MCAT yet? Now look at you guys interviewing at Mayo, Harvard, Yale, Duke, etc.

I ain't even your momma and I'm proud. :happy: Can't wait to see all the acceptances you guys are going to haul in. Hope everyone gets love from their top pick!

And sending good vibes to all those waiting on their first II! The game is nowhere near over yet!

Reactions: 8 users
I absolutely loved my WVU interview day today. Definitely a top choice now for me. I hope y'all are having as much fun with these interviews as I am!

I don't think my interviews went as well here :/ expecting bad news come October 15th. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it, and I can't expect to win em all. But I think I earned a nap and pizza for my efforts!

Glad that yours was great, @Ace Khalifa :)

I don't think my interviews went as well here :/ expecting bad news come October 15th. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it, and I can't expect to win em all. But I think I earned a nap and pizza for my efforts!

Glad that yours was great, @Ace Khalifa :)
Chin up bud! You have plenty more interviews left, and who knows, maybe you actually killed that interview in their eyes. Always keep hope but learn throughout the process! Proud of you!

I absolutely loved my WVU interview day today. Definitely a top choice now for me. I hope y'all are having as much fun with these interviews as I am!
Glad to hear the good news! Always wishing the best of luck to yall!!

I'm excited for you all! My interviews start Monday (4 in 8 days) and I am beyond nervous. Fortunately I get two practices before Colorado!

I'm excited for you all! My interviews start Monday (4 in 8 days) and I am beyond nervous. Fortunately I get two practices before Colorado!
Thanks! Holy crap, you get like no down time between each one.

Thanks! Holy crap, you get like no down time between each one.
1 day in New Orleans. Otherwise I'm either in class, flying, or interviewing. :rofl:When is your UNC interview? You have to be excited for that!

1 day in New Orleans. Otherwise I'm either in class, flying, or interviewing. :rofl:When is your UNC interview? You have to be excited for that!
9/10. I'll have half of tmrw and all of Sunday and Monday to prepare, so I'm not too worried.

9/10. I'll have half of tmrw and all of Sunday and Monday to prepare, so I'm not too worried.

Good luck!!! My NYU interview is on Monday and I haven't gotten super nervous yet but I'm starting to now! It'll be my first MMI.