Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@spockprime
Those floats look sooo good.... And a chocolate bar?! Ahh drooling!!

Aww haha thanks :) My premed friends (applying this cycle) are under way too much pressure (so am I lol) and have stopped talking to me :(. The people I hang out with are all Arts majors!! So chill :D

Ah I always avoid talking about apps with my currently applying friends, too. This forum is great because we all understand what we are going through, but IRL it is pretty awkward especially if one person's cycle is much better than the other's >__>

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All jokes aside, this is what I usually dress like.

Hopefully this really isn't a joke either because I will feel really silly... but either way, I like that! Very smart, and that color blazer is fantastic.

Reactions: 1 user
I do put the clothes on sometimes lol.

Haha, now I imagine you carrying around the mannequin with your outfit wherever you go, leaving passerby bewildered as to why you don't wear the clothing yourself.

Reactions: 1 users
Three weeks until the first wave of possible acceptances!

I definitely feel super insecure about my answers post-interview.... I stress about it for a bit and then force myself to move on, because there is nothing I can do about it now.

I'm absolutely terrified that 6 or 7 rejections are going to rain down on me on October 15th with no acceptances..... I have no idea if I'm a good interviewee or not. Ugh so worried. I'm glad I'm not the only I've who frets like this.

Sorry to hear about recent rejections :(

This fear is the story of my life. I have dreams about it.

And after a two week hiatus from interviews, I'm off on another round! More schools to worry about... lol

Reactions: 3 users
PS: @No Limits where you at, dude? Didn't you have your first interviews? (Please tell all).
Not sure where @No Limits is.... :(

:hello: My apologies guys! I didn't think you guys would noticed if I was gone for a bit but I feel so loved to get a few messages from some of you guys checking up on me. :) It's just been a rough couple of weeks for me so it's been hard trying to balance everything. I think I took on way too much work and have been dealing with stupid life drama ( am I the only one who hates drama?). The "No Limits Tour" (
smiley-whacky078.gif
) has begun so I will start updating my Mdapps page when I get some down time because I am super behind on that.

Okay, I missed a lot so I'm going to try to catch up.

First, HUGE CONGRATS TO @joonage on that II to UW. I'm mad at myself that I didn't get to congratulate you on the day this happened but better late than never right? SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

@sunflower18 I knew you would love Mayo and I have no doubt they loved you. I know you will get in and I'm so happy for you but.... you were suppose to go to the same school as me or at least in the same city. Gosh you are so selfish sometimes! lol :laugh: ... Also, not sure what this nonsense is with you and @ProbablyAPenguin but you two ladies are amazing and will be showered with acceptances. You guys are 5 star applicants and I see really good things happening for you two in the future. SDN needs more Rock star women and we have so many in our thread.

:idea: Fireside Chat with Class of 2019 Rock Star Goddesses featuring Sunflower, HellaNutella, Turayza, ProbablyaPenguin, researchismymiddlename, Infinitessimal, and spockprime? Sounds Legendary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
:idea: Fireside Chat with Class of 2019 Rock Star Goddesses featuring Sunflower, HellaNutella, Turayza, ProbablyaPenguin, researchismymiddlename, Infinitessimal, and spockprime? Sounds Legendary.
I would so go to that. Haha.

Haha, now I imagine you carrying around the mannequin with your outfit wherever you go, leaving passerby bewildered as to why you don't wear the clothing yourself.

Maybe that will be how I identify myself to SDN'ers? I'll just bring Manny to all my interviews and have him in that red jacket. Everyone else will think I'm nucking futs, but the SDN'ers will know who I am!

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe that will be how I identify myself to SDN'ers? I'll just bring Manny to all my interviews and have him in that red jacket. Everyone else will think I'm nucking futs, but the SDN'ers will know who I am!
Put some straps on him so you can wear him like a back pack. Insist on swinging him off dramatically and setting him down heavily. Make a scene.

Thank you, I hope so, too!! Oh gosh, this place even had Bailey's ice cream. :happy: Maybe that's what I'll get next time I'm in STL.

I was just looking at your mdapps, and somehow I missed that you got an II from UK! Congrats -- I was there earlier this month and had a great experience, and even got to see the anatomy lab with students dissecting and examining their cadavers. Too bad we didn't have the same date, though -- would have been cool to meet you (and maybe go on a dessert scavenger hunt in Lexington ;)). Good luck with all of your upcoming interviews!
Yes, UKY, I'm really excited! Glad you had a great experience there! That's where my family is so I get to see them outside of my 2 week/year vacation :biglove:It would have been nice to see you too! And speaking of desserts, I know this isn't high class but Domino's chocolate lava cakes are sooooo good and such a cheap, available fix. :luck: to you too!!

:hello: My apologies guys! I didn't think you guys would noticed if I was gone for a bit but I feel so loved to get a few messages from some of you guys checking up on me. :) It's just been a rough couple of weeks for me so it's been hard trying to balance everything. I think I took on way too much work and have been dealing with stupid life drama ( am I the only one who hates drama?). The "No Limits Tour" (
smiley-whacky078.gif
) has begun so I will start updating my Mdapps page when I get some down time because I am super behind on that.

First, HUGE CONGRATS TO @joonage on that II to UW. I'm mad at myself that I didn't get to congratulate you on the day this happened but better late than never right? SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

@sunflower18 I knew you would love Mayo and I have no doubt they loved you. I know you will get in and I'm so happy for you but.... you were suppose to go to the same school as me or at least in the same city. Gosh you are so selfish sometimes! lol :laugh: ... Also, not sure what this nonsense is with you and @ProbablyAPenguin but you two ladies are amazing and will be showered with acceptances. You guys are 5 star applicants and I see really good things happening for you two in the future. SDN needs more Rock star women and we have so many in our thread.

What a sweet and awesome message. We missed you too! Sorry to hear about the stress and drama, hope it cools off and wishing you good luck on your next round of interviews! :happy: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Put some straps on him so you can wear him like a back pack. Insist on swinging him off dramatically and setting him down heavily. Make a scene.

Then take him into the room with the interviewers and speak through him in the third person.

smiley-whacky078.gif

Thanks~! You're too nice! haha

And nobody likes drama .... Rough couple of weeks for me too. But we'll all get through this and have med school drama next year! :p

@No Limits with Harvard!!! I swear yall are powerhouses! Congrats!!!!
@No Limits has no limits indeed! :cool:

Reactions: 6 users
smiley-whacky078.gif

It's SDN. ;) Sometimes we forget that members have actual real lives outside of med apps.

Hope things are looking up on your end! I don't think you're alone in your drama loathing, though it is odd that there are some people out there who will actively seek out drama... -__- If you ever need anonymous internet peoples to vent to, I'm sure this thread would love to help.

And HARVARD?! EMORY?!
tumblr_inline_mowj729XcZ1qz4rgp.gif

Let's hope we all end up at a common school or in the same city. Fireside chat would be a must. The 2019 gents are welcome to come, too.

Reactions: 8 users
smiley-whacky078.gif

Glad to have you back! Sorry to hear that you've been having a rough time lately, though. :( Looks like things are looking up a bit with HARVARD, however!!!! Congratulations you superstar!!!! No Limits indeed! :clap:

Better yet, treat the mannequin like one of those puppets ventriloquists use, and answer all of the interviewer's questions through this headless, but ultra fashionable mannequin with a disembodied voice. Yep that would be memorable, and an instant acceptance in my book! :nod:

Yes, UKY, I'm really excited! Glad you had a great experience there! That's where my family is so I get to see them outside of my 2 week/year vacation :biglove:It would have been nice to see you too! And speaking of desserts, I know this isn't high class but Domino's chocolate lava cakes are sooooo good and such a cheap, available fix. :luck: to you too!!

Yay!! That's awesome that you have family in the area. Good luck!! :luck: If you end up driving through Louisville, let me know cause I've got intel on the best cookies and treats! Oh my goodness, molten chocolate lava cake is divine and I make it all the time. Thanks for the tip, sometimes I'm not up to baking (the horror, I know!) so that would be a fantastic and tasty quick fix!

Let's hope we all end up at a common school or in the same city. Fireside chat would be a must. The 2019 gents are welcome to come, too.

Wouldn't that be fun?? And yes to the fireside chat, but of course we must have our rock star gods join in as well.

Welcome back super penguin :) as we've already discussed, you're unstoppable. I'm so excited to see where you end up :) my prediction is still that you'll go to Columbia though!!

I don't know if someone mentioned this already.... But exactly three weeks until decision day :O ahhhhhhh!!!!! That's crazy!!!! I can't wait to see this thread explode with good news :) :) :)

Also, I'd love to do a Fireside Chat! Be an advocate for the applicants with low 30s ;) Conventional SDN wisdom may doubt us, but we are capable of achieving our dreams!! Yay cheesy inspiration hahaha

Welcome back super penguin :) as we've already discussed, you're unstoppable. I'm so excited to see where you end up :) my prediction is still that you'll go to Columbia though!!

I don't know if someone mentioned this already.... But exactly three weeks until decision day :O ahhhhhhh!!!!! That's crazy!!!! I can't wait to see this thread explode with good news :) :) :)
It's great to have you back!;)

It's SDN. ;) Sometimes we forget that members have actual real lives outside of med apps.

Hope things are looking up on your end! I don't think you're alone in your drama loathing, though it is odd that there are some people out there who will actively seek out drama... -__- If you ever need anonymous internet peoples to vent to, I'm sure this thread would love to help.

And HARVARD?! EMORY?!

Holy batman that GIF relevance...how long have you been saving that one?

WoooooW:clap:!! I know right :scared::scared:?! Sooo close yet so far! Sending lots of luck towards all of you!! :highfive::luck::luck::highfive:

Holy batman that GIF relevance...how long have you been saving that one?

Ever since I saw his username.

Just had to hold onto that one until No Limits was inevitably invited to Harvard. :D

Ever since I saw his username.

Just had to hold onto that one until No Limits was inevitably invited to Harvard. :D

LOL, for realz??? You are so sweet! I had the same thought @unnumzaan had but thought you may have had a library or something :D

No Limits has chosen his username very appropriately! I can't envision a more suitable and humble candidate from our thread to be the first among us to get such awesome news ;)

I was pleasantly surprised by Buffalo. Love them wings. Also guaranteed to hear on the 15th at midnight! Good luck to @sunflower18 at Brown tomorrow!

Reactions: 7 users
I was pleasantly surprised by Buffalo. Love them wings. Also guaranteed to hear on the 15th at midnight! Good luck to @sunflower18 at Brown tomorrow!

I'm so glad you liked Buffalo!! That's like, at the very top west edge of NY, right? Next to Niagara Falls? So exciting that you are guaranteed to hear at midnight!!! Like, 12:00 am EST on the 15th? That's crazy! Best of luck to you!!!!

Brown is actually on Friday, but I will accept your luck all the same :D I'm flying out tomorrow, anyway. I'm really excited!

Also, if anyone has noticed, I haven't yet posted my Mayo or MCW summaries on my MDApps..... Sorry :( I wrote my MCW one, I just need to edit it and post it. As for Mayo, I haven't found the words yet hahaha but I will get on it ASAP!

@No Limits with Harvard!!! I swear yall are powerhouses! Congrats!!!!

Thanks~! You're too nice! haha

And nobody likes drama .... Rough couple of weeks for me too. But we'll all get through this and have med school drama next year! :p

@No Limits has no limits indeed! :cool:

And HARVARD?! EMORY?!

Glad to have you back! Sorry to hear that you've been having a rough time lately, though. :( Looks like things are looking up a bit with HARVARD, however!!!! Congratulations you superstar!!!! No Limits indeed! :clap:

Better yet, treat the mannequin like one of those puppets ventriloquists use, and answer all of the interviewer's questions through this headless, but ultra fashionable mannequin with a disembodied voice. Yep that would be memorable, and an instant acceptance in my book! :nod:

Yay!! That's awesome that you have family in the area. Good luck!! :luck: If you end up driving through Louisville, let me know cause I've got intel on the best cookies and treats! Oh my goodness, molten chocolate lava cake is divine and I make it all the time. Thanks for the tip, sometimes I'm not up to baking (the horror, I know!) so that would be a fantastic and tasty quick fix!

Wouldn't that be fun?? And yes to the fireside chat, but of course we must have our rock star gods join in as well.

LOL, for realz??? You are so sweet! I had the same thought @unnumzaan had but thought you may have had a library or something :D

No Limits has chosen his username very appropriately! I can't envision a more suitable and humble candidate from our thread to be the first among us to get such awesome news ;)

The amount of support in this thread... I can't even take it.

200.gif

Hey guys I'm new sort of. So...dumb question but what's this thread about ? :) whatever it is I wanna join in! Lol

Hey guys I'm new sort of. So...dumb question but what's this thread about ? :) whatever it is I wanna join in! Lol

Please do join! (No special mutations necessary). It's basically a random thread for everyone currently applying, but sometimes current med students and 2020-ers (ahem, @moop) pop in.

In this thread we:
1. post pictures of our interview travels, food, adorable things, and designer clothing on mannequins
2. occasionally draw bad pictures of each other's avatars
3. try to exude general positivity (much like our leader, the great @sunflower18)... none of that aggressive pre-allo trolling here
4. celebrate IIs and commiserate about rejections
5. vent about the general frustrations of life
6. and much, much more

Reactions: 11 users
Please do join! (No special mutations necessary). It's basically a random thread for everyone currently applying, but sometimes current med students and 2020-ers (ahem, @moop) pop in.

In this thread we:
1. post pictures of our interview travels, food, adorable things, and designer clothing on mannequins
2. occasionally draw bad pictures of each other's avatars
3. try to exude general positivity (much like our leader, the great @sunflower18)... none of that aggressive pre-allo trolling here
4. celebrate IIs and commiserate about rejections
5. vent about the general frustrations of life
6. and much, much more

I agree with all of this except whoa whoa whoa I'm the leader?! Not even! I'm just the cheerleader!!! You guys do amazing things and I just celebrate it! No hierarchy involved :)

Regardless, WELCOME!!!! We are happy to have you!!!

Plus, @Jr MD , you secured the top post on your very first time in this thread. If that doesn't predict greatness, I don't know what does ;)

Guys.

Are you ready for the craziest coincidence? Because if you aren't I'm going to tell you anyway. :naughty:

So after my Tulane interview a fellow interviewee saw me in the terminal and we started talking. Turns out we had seat assignments right next to each other. Crazy right? Right. Well it gets crazier. :eek:

IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN WITH MY BUFFALO INTERVIEW. FLYING TO THE SAME FREAKING AIRPORT. Deja vu much? :wideyed:

Also they were both fantastically nice people. So I highly recommend it if you can align those stars just right.

Reactions: 12 users
Yeehaw.gif

Guys.

Are you ready for the craziest coincidence? Because if you aren't I'm going to tell you anyway. :naughty:

So after my Tulane interview a fellow interviewee saw me in the terminal and we started talking. Turns out we had seat assignments right next to each other. Crazy right? Right. Well it gets crazier. :eek:

IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN WITH MY BUFFALO INTERVIEW. FLYING TO THE SAME FREAKING AIRPORT. Deja vu much? :wideyed:

Also they were both fantastically nice people. So I highly recommend it if you can align those stars just right.

Hey maybe it'll happen to us too!! Albany woooo! That is a crazy coincidence though.

Guys.

Maybe this will happen with the Miami interview! It shall be exciting to try and figure out which fellow interviewee is claduva94, especially if your MD interview is 10/27. Did you schedule the EVMS one yet? (not to be creepy or anything haha)

Maybe this will happen with the Miami interview! It shall be exciting to try and figure out which fellow interviewee is claduva94, especially if your MD interview is 10/27. Did you schedule the EVMS one yet? (not to be creepy or anything haha)
That is when I'll be there! So maybe I will see you! And yeah (not creepy at all) on the 22nd! I imagine yours is a bit earlier?

Welp guys I got an interview at BCM which I'm still super shocked at :O ...anyone got one that's gonna be there in October 24??:D

Welp guys I got an interview at BCM which I'm still super shocked at :O ...anyone got one that's gonna be there in October 24??:D

Congrats!!!! What a great school!!! :) That's really really awesome and you should be totally stoked!! :D :D

Congrats!!!! What a great school!!! :) That's really really awesome and you should be totally stoked!! :D :D

Yeaaa I really am. I'm just researching stuff and praying I don't bomb this interview. :(

Guys.

Very, very nice to see you in Buffalo. You were very nice yourself. Definitely a breath of fresh air during this whole admissions process. Here's to us, and everyone here, enrolling in the class of 2019!

Very, very nice to see you in Buffalo. You were very nice yourself. Definitely a breath of fresh air during this whole admissions process. Here's to us, and everyone here, enrolling in the class of 2019!

Ahhhhhh Buffalo. UB is a very nice school. Just came from seeing my gf up there this wknd. I'd apply there but 60,000 tuition isn't in my budget plus I heard the winters are brutal lol

Hats off to that! Welcome to the thread. Everyone here is awesome :) I'm hopeful at least one of you will be my future classmate!
Ahhhhhh Buffalo. UB is a very nice school. Just came from seeing my gf up there this wknd. I'd apply there but 60,000 tuition isn't in my budget plus I heard the winters are brutal lol
You pay IS tuition after the first year! So its not bad. And they are getting brand new facilities! But yeah. Wouldn't love the winters ;)

Hats off to that! Welcome to the thread. Everyone here is awesome :) I'm hopeful at least one of you will be my future classmate!

You pay IS tuition after the first year! So its not bad. And they are getting brand new facilities! But yeah. Wouldn't love the winters ;)

Think it's too late to apply?