Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Very, very nice to see you in Buffalo. You were very nice yourself. Definitely a breath of fresh air during this whole admissions process. Here's to us, and everyone here, enrolling in the class of 2019!
Hats off to that! Welcome to the thread. Everyone here is awesome :) I'm hopeful at least one of you will be my future classmate!
Ahhhhhh Buffalo. UB is a very nice school. Just came from seeing my gf up there this wknd. I'd apply there but 60,000 tuition isn't in my budget plus I heard the winters are brutal lol
You pay IS tuition after the first year! So its not bad. And they are getting brand new facilities! But yeah. Wouldn't love the winters ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hats off to that! Welcome to the thread. Everyone here is awesome :) I'm hopeful at least one of you will be my future classmate!

You pay IS tuition after the first year! So its not bad. And they are getting brand new facilities! But yeah. Wouldn't love the winters ;)

Think it's too late to apply?

Members don't see this ad :)
First DO interview tomorrow morning! Wish me luck guys!

Reactions: 11 users

create.php
You're a beast! You're going to kill it!

Reactions: 1 user
I just wanted to pop by (again) and say how wowed I am by you all.

You guys are super brilliant, generous, supportive, genuine, and passionate. Not only that, but most everyone I have met (interviewees and current students) have been utterly fantastic. It really makes me look forward what the next few generations of physicians shall bring. Call me soppy and overly optimistic, but it's a good feeling to have. :love:

PS: you got this, @Sandmeezy!

Reactions: 8 users

You guys are super brilliant, generous, supportive, genuine, and passionate. Not only that, but most everyone I have met (interviewees and current students) have been utterly fantastic. It really makes me look forward what the next few generations of physicians shall bring. Call me soppy and overly optimistic, but it's a good feeling to have. :love:

The feeling is mutual. Speaking of fantastic though... Congrats on your Hopkins II and your UCSD II too!!
smiley-happy036.gif

Reactions: 3 users

GOOD LUCK @Sandmeezy!!!!!!!! You're going to do amazing!! :luck::luck::luck::luck:

This is truly one of the kindest and most supportive communities I've ever "met," and it would be such an honour to study and work alongside any of you. I hope the future holds positive and happy news for all of us!

I completely agree! I'm so proud of everyone here and I feel so honored to be a part of such an amazing group of future physicians! I can't wait to see where we all end up! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much! This is how I feel right now:
Its-like-i-dont-even-care-what-happens-for-the-rest-of-the-day_gp_502045.jpg

I'm pinching myself. You all are so awesome :)

Aaahhh your great news puts me in such a good mood!!! Today is awesome already! :)

Wow!! Congrats!!!

Edit: Lol, I just realized that this is a very low-resolution clip. You'll see that it's Michael Jordan hitting a clutch shot if you view it on your phone :laugh:
We're all very happy for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

What a way to start your weekend! Congrats!! I'm extremely happy for you:)

I officially have the full spectrum now haha... one II, one small pool, one hold, and one rejection. Hoping some of the remaining 15 schools can give me some good news!

and Congrats @claduva94 !!!

Congrats on Mayo!

Also, there was this MDapps which had great letter of interest/update letter template somewhere. Does anyone have a link to that, please?

You guys are all so awesome! Thanks so much :) @hoihaie I remember that but I also don't remember the user. But this may be helpful:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ank-you-withdrawal-correction-status.1003166/

Oh whoa this is awesome. Letter templates ftw!

Also @hoihaie this might not be the one you are talking about but BABSstudent has quite a few here.

you guys are awesome!

@turayza that is exactly the one im talking about! you're amazing!

THANKS GUYS!!! I think it went SUPER well. The lady that interviewed me is the one who usually has the final say on decisions and we connected very well! Also, it turns out on my aacomas the start dates for some of my ECs got messed up...e.g. saying I've been orgo tutoring since '09 when I am currently a senior LOL. She laughed it off with me and I explained how it is a total mistake. Oh well, ish happens and was thankful to have been offered an interview anyways :). I love your support guys, really makes me feel more confident, so thank you!

Reactions: 7 users
Holy crap, update letters have to be THAT long? Well, UNC doesn't allow update letters at all, so I guess I won't have to worry about that...

Holy crap, update letters have to be THAT long? Well, UNC doesn't allow update letters at all, so I guess I won't have to worry about that...

Chiming in here--I think the ones @BABSstudent wrote are really letters of intent. I started a thread earlier today on the ideal length of factual updates and the consensus has been to make them as short as possible.

Wow .... the new Shonda Rhimes drama is so good. Makes me want to drop medicine and become a scandalous hot shot lawyer. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
So I interview at EVMS on the 8th and Georgetown on the 14th... Do you think I will be hearing from them on 10/15 or do you think it isn't enough time for them to convene and make a decision so don't hold my breath?

So I interview at EVMS on the 8th and Georgetown on the 14th... Do you think I will be hearing from them on 10/15 or do you think it isn't enough time for them to convene and make a decision so don't hold my breath?
EVMS maybe, Georgetown probably not. Adcom meeting times vary by school too. I don't expect to hear back exactly on 10/15 (I also have another interview on that day lol, so I wouldn't be focusing on decisions anyway).

But TV makes it so glamorous. TV doesn't lie!!!
It is so unbelievably ambiguous and unscientific (at least from my experience). It would drive most science ppl insane :laugh:
Although, the fact that I work on Vanderbilt Avenue :D is definitely a silver lining! At the very least, I can pretend that I'm in Nashville for a few moments everyday :joyful:

Looks like it'll be a fun travel day tomorrow.... Flights through Chicago are delayed/cancelled today haha yay

No news the latter half of the week. Slightly surprising, but I was at a spine course and then went out to dinner with the speakers so no complaints.

I got to work at 11 30 on Thursday though. Hangover from hell. I fell asleep with my boots on...

I'm late but I'm so glad your interview went well!!! It's a great feeling to have :D
create.php
You're a beast! You're going to kill it!

:eek: How did you do THAT? You have the coolest emoticons!

Congrats on Mayo!

Also, there was this MDapps which had great letter of interest/update letter template somewhere. Does anyone have a link to that, please?

Also check out alwaysangel, I loved her update letter. I agree with @breakintheroof that short update letters are better. But it's so. hard. to do. Hahahaha

I coupled three updates + an LOI and it came out to be 1 page (my advisor said 1 page max). I hope it helps... and gets read :confused:

Looks like it'll be a fun travel day tomorrow.... Flights through Chicago are delayed/cancelled today haha yay

Chicago O'Hare can seriously make travel a living hell. Maybe it's because I always have to take a puddlehopper to my middle of nowhere location but I've not had a SINGLE smooth flight this year, and I've flown ~8 times already! I've had so many delays, cancellations and "awaiting aircrafts" that each trip becomes something worth dreading. And this was all throughout summer too! :(

I'm late but I'm so glad your interview went well!!! It's a great feeling to have :D

:eek: How did you do THAT? You have the coolest emoticons!

Also check out alwaysangel, I loved her update letter. I agree with @breakintheroof that short update letters are better. But it's so. hard. to do. Hahahaha

I coupled three updates + an LOI and it came out to be 1 page (my advisor said 1 page max). I hope it helps... and gets read :confused:

Chicago O'Hare can seriously make travel a living hell. Maybe it's because I always have to take a puddlehopper to my middle of nowhere location but I've not had a SINGLE smooth flight this year, and I've flown ~8 times already! I've had so many delays, cancellations and "awaiting aircrafts" that each trip becomes something worth dreading. And this was all throughout summer too! :(

The issue now is that someone set the air traffic control building on fire.... 2000 flights cancelled through both O'Hare and Midway today. This is my first major flight issue! But hopefully it'll be ok.

Btw I forgot who asked or wanted to know but Brown was awesome! It's tied for second for me :) really great place.

The issue now is that someone set the air traffic control building on fire.... 2000 flights cancelled through both O'Hare and Midway today. This is my first major flight issue! But hopefully it'll be ok.

Btw I forgot who asked or wanted to know but Brown was awesome! It's tied for second for me :) really great place.

Oh yea! That's been in the news, right? (Location: under a rock is right, hahaha)

I was going to ask about Brown and even hopped over to the thread to see how you liked the school ;) They've got such a unique class, their brochure was exciting, and I think the city would be lovely from my perspective! Second place with which school? NYU? Glad you had a great day!!!

-____- guess who just happens to be flying to Chi-town. (Though I'm really glad that I've been scheduling interviews with a day of travel time in between).

Hope everything will be all right leaving from RI!

Oh yea! That's been in the news, right? (Location: under a rock is right, hahaha)

I was going to ask about Brown and even hopped over to the thread to see how you liked the school ;) They've got such a unique class, their brochure was exciting, and I think the city would be lovely from my perspective! Second place with which school? NYU? Glad you had a great day!!!

Haha yes!!! It was awesome. Thank you! I would be honoured to attend.

-____- guess who just happens to be flying to Chi-town. (Though I'm really glad that I've been scheduling interviews with a day of travel time in between).

Ack!!!! :( do you have to be in Chicago by Monday? Or is it just a hub? Too bad we won't be stranded in the same airport!!

And congrats on JHU!!! Just 12 hours of being gone and so much has happened here! :D

WAIT. I MISSED HELLANUTELLA GETTING A HOPKINS II?????? Oh my god!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS HOW DID I MISS THAT?!?!?! AAHHH that's INCREDIBLE!!!!!! You're a force to be reckoned with!!! Look at you go!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Ack!!!! :( do you have to be in Chicago by Monday? Or is it just a hub? Too bad we won't be stranded in the same airport!!

I'm just flying in super early to have fun in the city! :D

And congrats on JHU!!! Just 12 hours of being gone and so much has happened here! :D
WAIT. I MISSED HELLANUTELLA GETTING A HOPKINS II?????? Oh my god!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS HOW DID I MISS THAT?!?!?! AAHHH that's INCREDIBLE!!!!!! You're a force to be reckoned with!!! Look at you go!!!

Awh, thanks guys! And thank you, Cyberdyne/Tom Cruise. It was a complete and total surprise. (And I have yet to buy tickets... Oops).

So at the airport one of the security people told me I looked like I knew what I was doing. I told him he had no idea. About to finish my 18 flights this month, and I think it may be more in October. Fortunately Chicago has about 1 month to get it together for me :laugh:. But if any of you are stranded on the East Coast I can vouch for a certain city you should drive down and visit. ;)

So at the airport one of the security people told me I looked like I knew what I was doing. I told him he had no idea. About to finish my 18 flights this month, and I think it may be more in October. Fortunately Chicago has about 1 month to get it together for me :laugh:. But if any of you are stranded on the East Coast I can vouch for a certain city you should drive down and visit. ;)

LOL! 18 flights, huh!? That's A LOT of flying.

I win!!! 21 flights!!!!! :cool: Ugh I am so tired......... 15 hour travel days woohoo! But I made it!! :D

I win!!! 21 flights!!!!! :cool: Ugh I am so tired......... 15 hour travel days woohoo! But I made it!! :D
And this is why I'm glad my next interview is only a 2 hour drive away...lulz

Reactions: 4 users