Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha I've been using greyhound and amtrak, but I have a 9 hour bus coming up so I'm currently doubting my decision to be economical... 9 hours will be great for reading I guess. I'm actually looking forward to flights! In fact, my first flight is tomorrow! First time flying...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Haha I've been using greyhound and amtrak, but I have a 9 hour bus coming up so I'm currently doubting my decision to be economical... 9 hours will be great for reading I guess. I'm actually looking forward to flights! In fact, my first flight is tomorrow! First time flying...

I've been able to drive or take a bus to my interviews so far, too! My first flight of the interview season is coming up this week as well - I'm definitely looking forward to it! First flight ever for you? That's pretty exciting!!

Reactions: 1 users

I took an 8 hour train ride from Rochester NY to NYC...... It was very long hahaha but it was pretty comfortable actually. Have a super safe flight!!! Enjoy it!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been able to drive or take a bus to my interviews so far, too! My first flight of the interview season is coming up this week as well - I'm definitely looking forward to it! First flight ever for you? That's pretty exciting!!

Yes to first flight! It shall be exciting since I get to navigate a DC airport... Buses are so cheap, but my first trip there was an assault at the station...

I took an 8 hour train ride from Rochester NY to NYC...... It was very long hahaha but it was pretty comfortable actually. Have a super safe flight!!! Enjoy it!! :)
Thank you! The longest bus ride is going to be DC to Albany so hopefully that goes swimmingly! I honestly am very impressed at your resolve to do so many interviews in such a short period! You are a rockstar!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! The longest bus ride is going to be DC to Albany so hopefully that goes swimmingly! I honestly am very impressed at your resolve to do so many interviews in such a short period! You are a rockstar!

Ahh good luck!! It'll be great :) The hardest part about flying is getting through the security screening, since you have to take everything out of your pockets, take off your shoes, take off your jacket, remove your laptop and liquids, and put your stuff on the conveyor belt in a short period of time. But as long as you're prepared, it isn't so bad :)

DC to Albany! Wow!!! That's really impressive. Hopefully no more assaults... That's scary, yikes.

Haha thank you!!! If I had gotten all of my invites simultaneously, I probably could have done a bit better job of planning them so as to save time and money, but whatever. It's worked out. My next interview is in-state, and I'm so very excited to not have to pack a suitcase or drive to the airport or get in a plane for it :)

Yes to first flight! It shall be exciting since I get to navigate a DC airport... Buses are so cheap, but my first trip there was an assault at the station...

Haha I'm flying into DC actually (Reagan)! My first flight was international to Heathrow, so the large airports can be daunting initially, but you'll be fine! Good luck on your interview and have a safe flight!!

Ahh good luck!! It'll be great :) The hardest part about flying is getting through the security screening, since you have to take everything out of your pockets, take off your shoes, take off your jacket, remove your laptop and liquids, and put your stuff on the conveyor belt in a short period of time. But as long as you're prepared, it isn't so bad :)

DC to Albany! Wow!!! That's really impressive. Hopefully no more assaults... That's scary, yikes.

Haha thank you!!! If I had gotten all of my invites simultaneously, I probably could have done a bit better job of planning them so as to save time and money, but whatever. It's worked out. My next interview is in-state, and I'm so very excited to not have to pack a suitcase or drive to the airport or get in a plane for it :)

Thanks for the heads up!

Haha I'm flying into DC actually (Reagan)! My first flight was international to Heathrow, so the large airports can be daunting initially, but you'll be fine! Good luck on your interview and have a safe flight!!

Thank you!

@womanofscience best wishes for your first flight! I absolutely love air travel and I hope you'll love it too! Really sorry to hear about the assault. :( Hope that never happens again.

You kids have me beat. Only 15 flights over here, connecting flights included. I am going to have to shell out $500 for my Baltimore flight, though. :greedy: That's what you get for trying to book tickets two weeks in advance.

And I'm currently rejoicing because Sunflower has her school reflections up! Ahhhh it was the best early morning breakfast reading. You're making me kick myself for not applying to Mayo! Really hope you get in the cause it looks like a perfect fit and your enthusiasm was just oozing through your writing.

Driving down to Hershey tonight! So excited!! Gonna buy the biggest Reese's I can find if the Hershey store is open. Oh, and I guess my interview too lmaoo. Not looking forward to the 2.5hr drive though haha

Reactions: 4 users
I'm also take a series of buses from Albany. But from C'Ville. That will be so long:confused:
Driving down to Hershey tonight! So excited!! Gonna buy the biggest Reese's I can find if the Hershey store is open. Oh, and I guess my interview too lmaoo. Not looking forward to the 2.5hr drive though haha

First MMI tomorrow... beyond nervous...
Y'all will do great :)

So I was just at the supermarket, taking advantage of a yogurt sale, and they carded a 70 year old dude who was buying wine!!!
article-2513699-19A6A97100000578-462_634x435.jpg

He said he was born just after the Civil War :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
So I was just at the supermarket, taking advantage of a yogurt sale, and they carded a 70 year old dude who was buying wine!!!
View attachment 185812
He said he was born just after the Civil War :laugh:

Ahaha, poor bloke!

But a yogurt sale... you do not mess around with a yogurt sale.

I was recently bumped up a yogurt bracket (curse you, Whole Foods), so whenever that fancy Australian stuff goes on sale I get these strong bougie urges and have to fill my entire fridge up with gourmet dairy products. Obviously, I spend a disproportionate amount of my income on food... :oops:

Reactions: 2 users
Ahaha, poor bloke!

I was recently bumped up a yogurt bracket (curse you, Whole Foods), so whenever that fancy Australian stuff goes on sale I get these strong bougie urges and have to fill my entire fridge up with gourmet dairy products. Obviously, I spend a disproportionate amount of my income on food... :oops:

Have you tried that noosa yoghurt? It's so good!

Edit: just saw they have a pumpkin flavour for autumn... Well, I know what my next dairy purchase is going to be!

Last edited:
Ahaha, poor bloke!

I rotate through (at least) 4 different supermarkets to buy my bougie yogurt on sale. Although, I usually don't bother searching for bargains when purchasing ice cream :laugh:

@ProbablyAPenguin -- you'll do great!!!! Let us know how it goes :) MMIs are pretty fun actually.

@hellanutella -- oh my gosh I'm so impressed! I posted those just last night!!! I'm glad you liked them :) I wish you had applied to Mayo too!! But then again, that'd make one less spot for me in the class.... ;) thank you for believing in me too! I very much hope I get in but we will see :)

@Sandmeezy -- be careful what you wish for..... The biggest Reeses I saw was like 20 bucks and it was HUGE.

Australian Yogurt? Noosa Yogurt? Never heard of any of that stuff but you guys have great taste so I'm sure it's good. I keep it simple on the other hand.

images

images

I love Chobani and Zoi with honey. Mmmmmmm...... Add some granola and blueberries, and you've got a happy sunflower.

Guess who's gonna eat free ice cream today? :D

While you intended that to be a humorous counterpoint I took it as justification to eat a pint of ice cream. ;)
Actually, it was more of a justification!
Haagen Dazs might actually have more protein per serving, but it no longer comes in pints (at least where I live), so you'll have to buy a larger container to get the necessary nutrition ;)

Guess who's gonna eat free ice cream today? :D
Now I'm just jealous. :cool:
Actually, it was more of a justification!
Haagen Dazs might actually have more protein per serving, but it no longer comes in pints (at least where I live), so you'll have to buy a larger container to get the necessary nutrition ;)
It is a sacrifice we just have to make ;)

I'm definitely buying ice cream after I study all day..... Yes! Thanks for the inspiration, guys :)

Have you tried that noosa yoghurt? It's so good!

Edit: just saw they have a pumpkin flavour for autumn... Well, I know what my next dairy purchase is going to be!

I SWEAR by Noosa. Especially their lemon one... It tastes like lemon creme pie!

Yup, I think the pumpkin is a Target exclusive flavour?

You guys are hilarious. From interview invites to flights and bus trips to yogurt lmao. I love it!!! Man I wish there was a med class with all of you guys in it lol

I SWEAR by Noosa. Especially their lemon one... It tastes like lemon creme pie!

Yup, I think the pumpkin is a Target exclusive flavour?

Yes it is! Oh I still need to try the lemon, that sounds great. There's an Icelandic yoghurt called siggi's which has cool flavours like acai berry and pumpkin spice -- that one is very good too!

Ok, I'm convinced to get some ice cream today, too. Maybe that dark chocolate talenti... Or pumpkin... Coffee... Caramel... Black raspberry chip... :)

You guys are hilarious. From interview invites to flights and bus trips to yogurt lmao. I love it!!! Man I wish there was a med class with all of you guys in it lol

Would that! We would have regular potlucks and elaborate dinners/ice cream socials, I guarantee it!

Last edited:
I've been trying my best to eat breakfast at home these days and end up eating a big bowl of greek yogurt with cereal, a banana, and a cup of coffee. Keeps me pretty full till lunch and has decent macros. I usually buy whatever cheap greek yogurt there is since I've been trying to cut down on how much sugar I consume in non-dessert items!

Hmm...so I was offered an II on 8/18 from UW, and my s/o got one a couple weeks ago. He got scheduled for an actual interview date last Friday.. should I email the admissions office? Or is that too annoying? Even better, should I go in person while I'm on campus tomorrow and be like "GIVE ME AN INTERVIEW DATE OMG"? (maybe not the last one). Gaaah

Edit: UW is a weird one. In their II they say:
You can expect a future invitation to interview with your precise date and time of your interview appointment as well as additional information on the interview day schedule. Currently, we are working to solidify the schedule and our office will follow up with you via e-mail as soon as possible with your interview date.

aka you've clearly solidified your schedule and maybe sort of forgot me :confused:

Talentiiiiiiiiiiii...........

Talentiiiiiiiiiiii...........

Yeeeeeeeeesssssssss. What flavour?

Food bump:
image.jpg

Tiny tartes & cakes in Chitown.
image.jpg

PROSCIUTTO. So much fancy ham. (Though no jamon iberico... which is my most favourite of the hams).

Reactions: 5 users
Now I'm not saying we should steal a truck but...:shifty:
I kid you not, but this was one of the first places I went upon landing in Chicago:
image.jpg

Long at last, I was amongst my chocolaty-hazelnutty brethren.

View attachment 185828
PROSCIUTTO. So much fancy ham. (Though no jamon iberico... which is my most favourite of the hams).

Oh my goodness. That prosciutto!!!! I would add a freshly baked baguette on the side, too!

Sicilian Pistachio or Southern Butter Pecan :happy:

Nice choices! I ended up getting coffee chip - so good! :)

Ok... now to somehow convince my body that it's time for bed because I have to get up at 4 AM :eek:

I just got Ben and Jerrys..... Peanut butter fudge core mmmmm :)

Reactions: 4 users
I just got Ben and Jerrys..... Peanut butter fudge core mmmmm :)

What would the biological term for the core be if this were part of an embryology or development lecture? Blastocoel of ben and jerrys?

Got to start thinking early on how to pay for these med loans. Getting excited nonetheless! This is humorous, but informational. Check out!