Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you so much AND CONGRATS TO YOU ON UCSD!!!!!!!! That's brilliant!!!! :)

Thank you! I'M SO EXCITED! Hope they shoot you an II and acceptance so we can live it up at second look.

Funny enough, I was accepted to the 4 locations in the US with major amusement parks: LA (Six Flags Magic Mountain, Universal), Irvine (D-Land), SD (Legoland, SeaWorld), and Orlando (basically amusement park city).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you! I'M SO EXCITED! Hope they shoot you an II and acceptance so we can live it up at second look.

Funny enough, I was accepted to the 4 locations in the US with major amusement parks: LA (Six Flags Magic Mountain, Universal), Irvine (D-Land), SD (Legoland, SeaWorld), and Orlando (basically amusement park city).

I'm so jealous!!!!! That's an amazing coincidence and I love it. Gosh you're gonna have a hard decision coming up!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Put on hold at Mayo
Still no word (either way... continued or accepted) from U Chicago
What if I don't get into any other schools
Maybe I'm horrible at interviewing
Sad day

Put on hold at Mayo
Sad day

Nooooo no no no I don't think that's true at all. You're brilliant and funny and kind, and you have an AMAZING application. I look up to you so much and I fully believe that you'll be a wonderful physician!!!

I know it's easy to get down on yourself. Goodness knows how many times over the last few weeks that I've gotten really sad about my Mayo hold. But at the end of the day, we are going to be physicians, and nothing is over until it's over!!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm so excited for your CCLCM summary because I cannot wait to visit there. I hope you love it! :)

Yes yes hahaha I wonder if students and faculty just don't realise that every other school says exactly the same things haha
I visited CCLCM today! PM me if you have questions but it was great! It's basically like Mayo. But in Ohio.

Put on hold at Mayo
Sad day

You interviewed at two of the best schools in the country and you're worried about getting in?

Lulz, go watch that penguin video again!

Reactions: 1 user
Nooooo no no no I don't think that's true at all. You're brilliant and funny and kind, and you have an AMAZING application. I look up to you so much and I fully believe that you'll be a wonderful physician!!!

I know it's easy to get down on yourself. Goodness knows how many times over the last few weeks that I've gotten really sad about my Mayo hold. But at the end of the day, we are going to be physicians, and nothing is over until it's over!!

You interviewed at two of the best schools in the country and you're worried about getting in?

Lulz, go watch that penguin video again!

Haha ok sorry guys maybe i'm being a tad dramatic. It's just discouraging to go on so many interviews, missing so much class, and to not see any returns, especially when at my undergrad multiple people are swimming in acceptances

I am grateful to be in med school! I am I am! But it's kinda like "well why didn't I just stop interviewing in September then" lol

Put on hold at Mayo
Sad day

Penguin, you have tons of decisions yet to come! I have my utmost faith in you.

I AM OBSESSED WITH CCLCM I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING AHHHH

OMG. I SECOND SUNFLOWER. I'll be there in less than two weeks (eep!).

Don't mind me, I'm just here in Texas applying in-state... y'all and your fancy Mayo's and UChicago's and CCLCM's, WHO NEEDS EM!

image.jpg
Still haven't heard back yet...but hopefully I have better luck in November!

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)

+1

@ProbablyAPenguin you are a star applicant! I can't envision a better cycle than yours!!! Wait till Jan and March, you'll be swimming in the BEST acceptances! I know it :)

Guys you all make me so happy when I am sad <3 <3
And let these little cuties help too
LittleBluePenguinjeff_copy_430_333_80auto_c1_c_c_0_0_1.jpg

But hey! You have UVA! That is a great sign :) I'm sure you will be just fine and be rolling in acceptances soon! It has to happen!

And let these little cuties help too
LittleBluePenguinjeff_copy_430_333_80auto_c1_c_c_0_0_1.jpg

But hey! You have UVA! That is a great sign :) I'm sure you will be just fine and be rolling in acceptances soon! It has to happen!

Oh my god. Those baby penguins! Ohmergerrrddddd!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected by BU today. Complete mid august.

What a bummer. Now I'm super nervous about tufts...

THEY AREN'T BABIES. Thats the thing! This species is adorable!!!!!

Thank you! I may have eaten a few pints in the last few weeks myself (I regret nothing).

Good thing ice cream is the only junk food you've consumed recently........ OH WAIT ;)

(@claduva94 has an affinity for oversized chocolate bars. It's impressive, really.)

Thanks @Cyberdyne 101!! I definitely bought a B&J's pint today to congratulate myself hehe

Sorry @ridethecliche :( I'm sure you have good news on the way!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Watching Paul Farmer speak on Ebola. Nbd.

Last edited:
Another big round of congrats to @researchismymiddlename on Kentucky!

Hope everyone has a glorious (and safe!) Hallows-ween. :D Super glad Halloween landed on a Friday night this year, which means Dia de los Muertos on Saturday! Wooooo I'm ready for this weekend.

I'm really hoping moop was joking.
Yo I'm a public policy major and American studies/finance minor. I don't know anything (i.e., don't care enough to pay attention) about global health

Yo I'm a public policy major and American studies/finance minor. I don't know anything (i.e., don't care enough to pay attention) about global health
'Murican studies don't need no medicine.
Watching Paul Farmer speak on Ebola. Nbd.

Jealous... I have to give a presentation on Ebola today in immunology lab. Partners have yet to submit their info. Greaaaat. Sidenote: Is that the new research building? It looks like it. Pechet room has a similar design.

That talk was at the Brigham. I was there for a meeting and saw a poster and walked in and bumped into friends.

Goddammit moop. Your sarcasm was easier to detect before you got banned. The recalibration failed.

Another big round of congrats to @researchismymiddlename on Kentucky!

Hope everyone has a glorious (and safe!) Hallows-ween. :D Super glad Halloween landed on a Friday night this year, which means Dia de los Muertos on Saturday! Wooooo I'm ready for this weekend.

Aww thank you!! Nothing ever passes your glance, as @No Limits once said ;) I hope everyone has a great Halloween as well :D Sounds like you have extraordinary plans, @hellanutella!

And I am shocked/embarassed that I forgot to congratulate @claduva94 on UVM! @sunflower18 got my congrats yesterday! Silly me :oops:

Happy Halloween~ Everyone stay safe! haha

And I think I might dress my dog as salmon nigiri once I get home. Pictures will be uploaded :p

Reactions: 6 users
Happy Halloween~ Everyone stay safe! haha

And I think I might dress my dog as salmon nigiri once I get home. Pictures will be uploaded :p

Oh my goodness that sounds wonderful. (And the nigiri emoji is probably my most frequently-used emoji).

I can't wait for photos! You have a brilliant Halloween, joon!

WOOOOOOOT HALLOWEEKEND AND I'M STILL ON BREAK YEAH

I'M 15 LIKES AWAY FROM 1000 LIKES!!!!! (yeah I know that's not a lot but the liking party that y'all engage in when congratulating one another has really thrown me in the dirt.... :( )

Can I get some help? :D *shameless*

Reactions: 11 users
I'M 15 LIKES AWAY FROM 1000 LIKES!!!!! (yeah I know that's not a lot but the liking party that y'all engage in when congratulating one another has really thrown me in the dirt.... :( )

I'm at 889. I wish I knew how that happened.

And happy hallo-study.

I'm almost at 2000 likes :eek: How did that happen? That's awesome! :soexcited:

Can I get a cookie? :laugh:

I'm almost at 2000 likes :eek: How did that happen? That's awesome! :soexcited:
My bad :oops:
Aww thank you!! Nothing ever passes your glance, as @No Limits once said ;) I hope everyone has a great Halloween as well :D Sounds like you have extraordinary plans, @hellanutella!

And I am shocked/embarassed that I forgot to congratulate @claduva94 on UVM! @sunflower18 got my congrats yesterday! Silly me :oops:
Aw thank you! You are so sweet! And congrats on Kentucky. Although no surprise there since you are fantastic :)

It's because you're awesome ;)

D'awwwww :biglove: You're the awesome one! Your enthusiasm and presence on this thread despite not being a current applicant is truly admirable! We all love you being here :)

Hehe no it's great! You're probably right, too... I can always count on you, @Cyberdyne 101, and @researchismymiddlename to like my posts and I love it :) Thanks!!! :highfive:

(If you guys can't tell, I'm really into the emoticon things today..... hahaha)