Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't received it yet either! They said they're going by complete times and there's a chance we won't receive it until after the 30th
So did you finally settle on MCW?!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called and finaid office told me the package is only loan options and if you received merit you would've heard by now from admissions office. So I'm withdrawing! And I was complete on like the first day possible
Oh that is fine, I didn't think I'd get merit hahaha:laugh: But we will all get the unsubsidized and grad plus loans right? At least the office told me that. Are you going to Miami then?

Reactions: 1 user
Received my financial aid package online recently, saw the 77,000 cost of attendance, got scared and exited. T_T

Check out the OOS COA for south Caroline schools if you need a shock...

Who's feeling the burnout from work/classes/life/etc due to post-acceptance? *raises hand*
@samsunimomo, you must mean that you are hiking that penguin flipper up a bit? :) As for me, I'm about to tug that nose ring out of my avatar Shadow Self. . .high anxiety time!

MCW hasn't even sent me finaid yet, I'm holding on to Miami! But staying on multiple wait lists...

Miami should be awesome, but if you've got your sights set on one of the waitlist schools, I hope you hear some good news soon

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else feel like their SDN usage has dramatically decreased now that our cycles are pretty much over?!

Reactions: 12 users
Anyone else feel like their SDN usage has dramatically decreased now that our cycles are pretty much over?!
It's dramatically decreased since we made the fb group I think...

... Though about to dramatically increase as a way of procrastinating studying for finals!

Reactions: 10 users
It's dramatically decreased since we made the fb group I think...

... Though about to dramatically increase as a way of procrastinating studying for finals!

+1

The FB group is my primary distraction device now.

Though I'm kind of excited for the next app cycle to start! It'll be nice for us to transition from the "halp i have no idea wat im doing" mode to the "hey, I still don't know very much but allow me to talk at length about the school I have yet to attend/have only been attending for a matter of weeks." I'm also strangely excited to host for interviews! Hopefully I won't turn any of my hostees off from my school...

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1

The FB group is my primary distraction device now.

Though I'm kind of excited for the next app cycle to start! It'll be nice for us to transition from the "halp i have no idea wat im doing" mode to the "hey, I still don't know very much but allow me to talk at length about the school I have yet to attend/have only been attending for a matter of weeks." I'm also strangely excited to host for interviews! Hopefully I won't turn any of my hostees off from my school...

OOO WAIT CAN YOU HOST ME CAN I SLEEP ON UR COUCH AND WE CAN PARTY
k thanks

Reactions: 6 users
OOO WAIT CAN YOU HOST ME CAN I SLEEP ON UR COUCH AND WE CAN PARTY
k thanks

Uh. Duh. You have no idea the shenanigans I have planned.

PS: we have one room left in our house plz grab it while it's hot, k thnx bby

Now most of my SDN time is spent browsing through Allopathic and Residency forums.
Same. OMG that one thread in allo, tho. The one about debt forgiveness being axed.

My reaction when I find out Drexel gives almost all first year students at least 1k for the first year and can qualify for merit schollys depending on how you do throughout your med school career:
vIf0lAD.gif

Though they just changed the curriculum to P/F starting with the c/o 2019 so idk how that's going to work out.

Same. OMG that one thread in allo, tho. The one about debt forgiveness being axed.
That thread is pretty intense!

I'm also trying to get myself as informed and jaded as possible to prepare for the worst possible scenarios in medical school and still come out net positive.

Many many congrats to @breakintheroof for making a very tough but fruitful decision to matriculate at Penn! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
Thanks @Lawper! And thank you to all of you who have been a part of this process for me. I owe a special shoutout to those who responded to my agonized PMs over the last couple of weeks.

In the end, unexpectedly, my feelings settled down. I feel calm. For those who are still deliberating, I hope the same happens to you. And to those still looking for that acceptance, know that as April 30th approaches, the decision cannons are being loaded to fire off the goods in your direction.

tumblr_inline_mm2udhOUWy1qz4rgp.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
Thanks @Lawper! And thank you to all of you who have been a part of this process for me. I owe a special shoutout to those who responded to my agonized PMs over the last couple of weeks.

In the end, unexpectedly, my feelings settled down. I feel calm. For those who are still deliberating, I hope the same happens to you. And to those still looking for that acceptance, know that as April 30th approaches, the decision cannons are being loaded to fire off the goods in your direction.

Congrats!

Lets hang before both heading off to Philly!

Reactions: 3 users

tumblr_inline_mm2udhOUWy1qz4rgp.jpg
@breakintheroof, you've been such a guide and bright spot on sdn. I hope--along with many, many others, that your med school years are as rich and pleasant as you deserve--and that we do meet up sometime in "real life." :cat:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Whoah congrats @breakintheroof ! What a great time to be in Philly too! The bike share program has just started and a lot of other cool things are coming to Philly next year! Penn is such a great school, i volunteered in their hospital during my pre-med days. @ProbablyAPenguin, I think this is a sign...
It's likely!
I wonder if I met @breakintheroof while I was there....

Wow! It looks like quite a few of you will be in the Mid-Atlantic region for the next 4-5 years!
@breakintheroof @ridethecliche @Sandmeezy with the possibility of @No Limits and @ProbablyAPenguin-Illadelphia
@TxC - Chocolateville, PA
@cactus8910- B'more or Pitt
@hellanutella with the possibility of @ProbablyAPenguin and @onceawolverine- B'more
Not to mention that @Australopithekus and anyone else who matriculates at Duke won't be far!!

i'm guessing you haven't seen @hellanutella's amazing c/o 2019 map

Reactions: 5 users
And God so help me if we don't have a Philly meet up once we all move there......

Reactions: 4 users
And God so help me if we don't have a Philly meet up once we all move there......

Bruh, I move to B'more Aug 1 and classes don't start until Aug 10th. I got loads 'o time to head on up to Philly.

Reactions: 2 users
Bruh, I move to B'more Aug 1 and classes don't start until Aug 10th. I got loads 'o time to head on up to Philly.
yaaaasssss! I'll be moving to philly end of July, orientation week is August 3-7 and classes start the 10th as well. Come on down there are many housing options for you amongst us!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
West Coast best coast. I am soooo ready to go back after four years of New England and a year of the Mid Atlantic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users