Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to @Willy38 on heading to WashU!!! I saw your thread and am happy you made a difficult but wise decision!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Gotta admit. That's a pretty sexy strut right there.
But it was such a bad hair (a tail) day! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@onceawolverine:

HARVARD
SCRIBE HOURS A FIFTH LETTER OF INTENT STANFORD MCAT ADCOM
DON'T GO CARIBBEAN ACCEPTED TO SGU LUCOM PERSONAL STATEMENT
ONLY INTERESTED IN ORTHO TROLL YALE SCHOLARSHIP VOLUNTEERING CALIFORNIA
MAYO DUKE ADMISSIONS CLASS OF LizzyM 4.0 NOT DO NEW YORK

POST BACC URMs WAITLIST MASTERS SCHOOL SHADOWING ADCOMS

Edit: oops, you meant only school names.
"Only interested in ortho" LOL my bad guys

It would be really difficult for me to leave Florida, so I mainly applied in-state. Deciding between Miami, FIU, FAU, UCF, & USF. Places I thought I was definitely withdrawing from threw money at me and I'm really conflicted :(.

I love all the programs!
Count the money. Total it up against the love. Wisdom my gold-digging Grandma taught me.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Color me Brown. . . :doctor: Yes, my friends. Gonna put my fanny (and, I hope my remaining brain cells!) where my heart already is.

Reactions: 12 users
@onceawolverine:

HARVARD

LOL at duke admissions.

Anyone else going to ucsd?! I feel like I'm the only one :( The class thread is always so quiet
Smile!:):) You're going to an amazing med school in one of the most desirable locations in the country!! You'll find plenty of good company there!!

Reactions: 3 users
@onceawolverine:

HARVARD

This is beautiful.
Poem of the year.

"Troll Yale scholarship"
lol
My fault?

Guess what, everyone? It's time for another edition of everyone's favorite soap opera (except of course for those who are starring in it)...

DUKE ADMISSIONS

They just re-re-rejected some people. Duke sure does have a knack for getting in that final shot, right before the buzzer.

laettner_large.jpg

Reactions: 18 users
Guess what, everyone? It's time for another edition of everyone's favorite soap opera (except of course for those who are starring in it)...

DUKE ADMISSIONS.

They just re-re-rejected some people. Duke sure does have a knack for getting in that final shot, right before the buzzer.

laettner_large.jpg

It inspires confidence, doesn't it? No IT geniuses at Duke, I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol did you get re-re-rejected and it made your decision easier?? (hopefully not)

There's no emoji to adequately describe Australopithekus making this post, so here's a picture of a certain Japanese fish that will do in a pinch.
images
That took me a minute!

Duke update for anyone who, like me, has an unhealthy fascination with their process: The director of admissions responded to an applicant about their triple rejection and said that they sent them out because some people hadn't received their decisions due to IT problems. If true, that means they think that there were people who had not heard back post-interview before today, despite being technically rejected in early March. Not only that, they must not have known for sure who those people were, since they sent rejections to people who had already heard (in some cases, twice). What a nightmare!

Edit: I feel a bit bad harping on Duke as people are committing to them. They're a fantastic institution of course, and you shouldn't feel embarrassed to be matriculating there (@Australopithekus?).

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!

You and @No Limits and @CTU Surgeon can work from the inside to make sure that next year, their admissions office matches the excellence of their other programs. ;)
Consider it done.

giphy.gif

Edit: I actually would like to be student interviewer. Anyone else interested?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
You were already outed to everyone in that fb group - the group description has all the names. No one on SDN not in that group knows who you are.
Oh, no, I get that. Outed was probably the wrong word. I just meant that someone else had released my decision while I was second-guessing it.

Color me Brown. . . :doctor: Yes, my friends. Gonna put my fanny (and, I hope my remaining brain cells!) where my heart already is.
I tried to write a response to this last night but my phone crapped out--I guess it didn't post. A day late here, but I am so, so happy that you followed your heart, @BengaliBrat!

"The moment when one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too."

Edit: And of course there's a lovely end-of-cycle essay on her MDApps.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I tried to write a response to this last night but my phone crapped out--I guess it didn't post. A day late here, but I am so, so happy that you followed your heart, @BengaliBrat!

"The moment when one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too."
Thank you so much, @breakintheroof ! I think that I will also be happy with my choice. And I LOVE your quote. :shy:

Reactions: 2 users

DUKE ADMISSIONS.

laettner_large.jpg

Wait, so you mean a 3rd rejection email? Now that's ludicrous .
Yuuup. Rejected three times via email haha

Going to Cornell!! So excited!!!!

Reactions: 15 users
Congrats! You mean UMass right? There's only 3 or 4 other schools with those initials.
Congrats on the Pitt acceptance. I am still in love with that institution.

Reactions: 2 users