Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Go Gilmore girls. I knew a pair of mother daughter team like that. Their daily conversation needs to be a reality podcast. Oh man, you just spoiled the ending for me. I haven't seen the parts where Rory went to Yale. You are so going to pay for this.

Don't worry. There's still plenty left after Rory goes to college. SO. MUCH.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't worry. There's still plenty left after Rory goes to college. SO. MUCH.

I'm just more focused with your emoticon because I need @No Limits help.

smiley-whacky097.gif
smiley-whacky097.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 on Private Practice!

I just saw the first Greys Anatomy / Private Practice crossover... Now I want to watch PP again too!!! Plus it's in LA so that's exactly what my clinical experience will be like, right? ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Alright, I've heard this enough that I'm actually going to do it. Any preference for the dubbed or subbed version?
I only watch dubs in general so I can't compare, but I thought the dub was really well done!
lol I was just about to post I basically only watch subbed. English voice actors just never sound as good imo.

Reactions: 3 users
anybody else notice the 10 yr treasury bill jumped almost 40 cents in the past few weeks :(

I just saw the first Greys Anatomy / Private Practice crossover... Now I want to watch PP again too!!! Plus it's in LA so that's exactly what my clinical experience will be like, right? ;)
It has so many ethical dilemmas though, so Shonda Rhimes-y!

I agree! I prefer subbed as well.

Team subsubsub! That being said I've watched Totoro in three languages (Japanese+sub, English dub and Korean dub) and I definitely connect most with the English version.

Did people mention Fullmetal Alchemist already?

Reactions: 5 users
Team subsubsub! That being said I've watched Totoro in three languages (Japanese+sub, English dub and Korean dub) and I definitely connect most with the English version.

I loooooveeee FMA

Members don't see this ad :)
We're talking anime here and no one mentioned me :cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi:

Alright, I've heard this enough that I'm actually going to do it. Any preference for the dubbed or subbed version?
I only watch dubs in general so I can't compare, but I thought the dub was really well done!
lol I was just about to post I basically only watch subbed. English voice actors just never sound as good imo.
I agree! I prefer subbed as well.

If you want to get the most enjoyable experience out of any anime (shows or movies etc.), you should always watch the subbed version. Because dubbed just makes it seem artificial and overplayed.

And Fullmetal Alchemist is pretty good, especially the Brotherhood version.

If you want to get the most enjoyable experience out of any anime (shows or movies etc.), you should always watch the subbed version. Because dubbed just makes it seem artificial and overplayed.
Unsurprisingly, I've seen this position espoused a lot. That said, it's not something I can identify with at all. I've seen some bad dubs (oh god parts of the dub of End of Evangelion were so painfully bad whyyyy) but I've had no complaints about the great majority of dubs for shows I like. I also subscribe to the "reading subs while watching ruins the cinematic experience" point of view, but more importantly, I simply can't pick up emotional inflection when the voice actors are speaking a language for which I have zero comprehension. I really can't emphasize this enough; I cannot appreciate anime voice acting in Japanese because there is such a huge disconnect between the audio, meaning, and emotion for me as a listener who knows no Japanese. Interestingly, I think this has to do with the fact that they're voice acting for animation, seeing how I didn't feel this extreme disconnect watching Ip Man subbed.

Allow me to respectfully disagree with the idea that I'm undermining my entertainment experience by watching anime in a language I understand. :)

Unsurprisingly, I've seen this position espoused a lot. That said, it's not something I can identify with at all. I've seen some bad dubs (oh god parts of the dub of End of Evangelion were so painfully bad whyyyy) but I've had no complaints about the great majority of dubs for shows I like. I also subscribe to the "reading subs while watching ruins the cinematic experience" point of view, but more importantly, I simply can't pick up emotional inflection when the voice actors are speaking a language for which I have zero comprehension. I really can't emphasize this enough; I cannot appreciate anime voice acting in Japanese because there is such a huge disconnect between the audio, meaning, and emotion for me as a listener who knows no Japanese. Interestingly, I think this has to do with the fact that they're voice acting for animation, seeing how I didn't feel this extreme disconnect watching Ip Man subbed.

Allow me to respectfully disagree with the idea that I'm undermining my entertainment experience by watching anime in a language I understand. :)

I totally understand your perspective! But I took three years of Japanese in school, so watching subbed anime was like "studying" for me ;)

I actually found Louie to be crude enough at times that I gave it up after several episodes. Not for everyone I guess.
I recently rewatched the first season in an attempt to get my SO on the Louie bandwagon, I forgot how rough some of the early episodes were. If you stick with it, it gets better.

anybody else notice the 10 yr treasury bill jumped almost 40 cents in the past few weeks :(
dangit.

Got a text yesterday from a friend asking if I was the Muppet.

Hi Alex!

Hahaha.

Reactions: 6 users
FMA is great, Kenshin and Trigun were my favorites growing up. Waiting for new Attack on Titan.

FMA is great, Kenshin and Trigun were my favorites growing up. Waiting for new Attack on Titan.

Grr Attack on Titan's anime adaptation had too many slow slow scenes and flashbacks and I gave up :(

Angel Beats and Code Geass are some of my favorites :)

I am sitting here coloring in my a & p coloring book wondering how you all have time for tv/netflixs. I have to wash my dogs and cook before I can go hiking on Saturday!

I am sitting here coloring in my a & p coloring book wondering how you all have time for tv/netflixs. I have to wash my dogs and cook before I can go hiking on Saturday!

That gap year life. All I do is work, watch Netflix and SLEEP.

Edit: well, a few more things as well, but that's all I do during the weekdays :)

Lol, not quite. But it's never too late! Don't you have another month before school starts?

Smh. We will see lol! I think Netflix, Sudoku and reading has my heart for the next two months or so lol!

....um. Apparently I have very strong feelings about this matter.

Reactions: 8 users
Final Fantasy Keeper has been nostalgic. Planning on some hiking and fishing trips.

KenKen > Sudoku. Try it out and be converted, hahah.

I agree with @jeghaber 7 times. KenKen is awesome and I definitely recommend everyone trying it out

Signed,
The Undefeated Universal KenKen Grandmaster

Reactions: 4 users
As a plug for video games, I got to try out a Da Vinci, and having played video games since I was 5, I found that the skills translated over well for general spatial orientation and manipulation.

As a plug for video games, I got to try out a Da Vinci, and having played video games since I was 5, I found that the skills translated over well for general spatial orientation and manipulation.

There was a study that linked video games to surgical skills being better, I'm too lazy to find it but its out there!

There was a study that linked video games to surgical skills being better, I'm too lazy to find it but its out there!
We'll find out if suck in video games is related to surgical skills being terrible, in 2 years....
Though I was very very very good in getting the brain out from perfused mice.

Trying to play detective like our sherlockintheroof on a new post at the pre-allo session in which an M4 graduating from "ivy" med school heading to "Harvard" for residency trying to "pass down some wisdom". I could either be terrible right or terribly wrong...

We'll find out if suck in video games is related to surgical skills being terrible, in 2 years....
Though I was very very very good in getting the brain out from perfused mice.

Speaking from experience, this is way harder than video games or learning how to use the da Vinci.

Speaking from experience, this is way harder than video games or learning how to use the da Vinci.
You don't understand my struggle, I couldn't even get Lara Croft out of that initial cave with a tiger or something. Tried a few days. Rage quite all video games.

Reactions: 1 users
You don't understand my struggle, I couldn't even get Lara Croft out of that initial cave with a tiger or something. Tried a few days. Rage quite all video games.

I think that to actually be able to enjoy video games, you have to come to terms with the fact that all the time and effort you invest ultimately result in nothing.

Still, it can be enjoyable if you don't mind that.

I think that to actually be able to enjoy video games, you have to come to terms with the fact that all the time and effort you invest ultimately result in nothing.

Still, it can be enjoyable if you don't mind that.
It's not all come to nothing. In the early 2000s, when I was in high school, I did got married to and had a kid with the head of the gang on the KunMing server of an online video game set in ancient Asia.

I do love to play theme hospitals and I was definitely a master of running a hospital. Hopefully that foreshadows what I will be doing in the future.

Ooooo, I just remembered how I first found out about the 9-11. The server chat was just people repetitively typing: plane hit twin towers!!!!

It's not all come to nothing. In the early 2000s, when I was in high school, I did got married to and had a kid with the head of the gang on the KunMing server of an online video game set in ancient Asia.

I do love to play theme hospitals and I was definitely a master of running a hospital. Hopefully that foreshadows what I will be doing in the future.

Ooooo, I just remembered how I first found out about the 9-11. The server chat was just people repetitively typing: plane hit twin towers!!!!

I don't even think I really understood what the Internet was in 2001 lol

And I certainly wasn't allowed to play games on it yet

Trying to play detective like our sherlockintheroof on a new post at the pre-allo session in which an M4 graduating from "ivy" med school heading to "Harvard" for residency trying to "pass down some wisdom". I could either be terrible right or terribly wrong...

My first instinct was that the OP was probably from Brown or Dartmouth since "Ivy" med school isn't really a thing. And then I read what they actually posted and figured the post was just a shell for advertising the website that they linked (hindsight.io).

I played neopets.

Reactions: 7 users