Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have had some help prepping for med school. I thought I would share! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Dr. Arthur - I have No Idea.jpg
    Dr. Arthur - I have No Idea.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: 2 users
@samsunimomo I finished The Magic Mountain last week ! Didn't think it would take me almost two weeks to sludge through the 700+ pages, but it certainly was an interesting book .. Some interesting passages, for sure, and so much that seemed like a pre-requisite to understand the conversations between Settembrini and Naphta

Currently reading Chronicle of a Death Foretold .. short, but interesting ! Never read anything from Marquez aside from a collection of short stories (Strange Pilgrims: Twelve Stories) ... I think, in the interest of time, I'll have to skip One Hundred Years of Solitude to make time for some other books I'm itching to read.

Reactions: 1 users
i forgot this thread existed

Members don't see this ad :)
I head home in 2 days. Kinda sad about it.

Wish I had another year to travel :/

Real talk time

When are y'all switching from "Medical Student (Accepted)" to "Medical Student"?

Haha first day of class probably? (That's when I'll change my school on Facebook, too...maybe I'm still in disbelief or superstitious or something!)

Real talk time

When are y'all switching from "Medical Student (Accepted)" to "Medical Student"?
When someone like you reminds me lololol
Haha first day of class probably? (That's when I'll change my school on Facebook, too...maybe I'm still in disbelief or superstitious or something!)
LOL I changed my school on fb the minute I got accepted - hasn't backfired on me yet.

Reactions: 4 users
Cherishing my last three or so weeks of absolute free time :) :(

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was offered a free ride last Tuesday!! No debt for me. :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:. 2 and a half more weeks!!

Reactions: 17 users
PASSED SECOND ROUND OF MED SCHOOL TESTS! THREE WEEKS TILL WHITE COAT AND END OF ANATOMY !! LETS DO IT :D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: 13 users
Trying to squeeze in as many last minute movies/books I want to get through. 2 weeks to go :eek:

Reactions: 6 users
Trying to squeeze in as many last minute movies/books I want to get through
This is pretty much me
On an unrelated note, are you also headed to the city that never sleeps?

This is pretty much me

Too many things to do, too little time.

Unfortunately no, I am headed to the city that is constantly under construction :D

Apartment won't be ready in time. Looks like I'll be homeless for the first week or so of school.

Good thing I just bought a tent and a sleeping bag and my 'new' car is an awd subaru...

This is pretty much me

I'm in the sleep deprived city though! :yawn:

Apartment won't be ready in time. Looks like I'll be homeless for the first week or so of school.

Good thing I just bought a tent and a sleeping bag and my 'new' car is an awd subaru...

Damn that's rough. You gonna be doing a hotel or something?

Having guaranteed housing was like a main criteria for me when picking schools. I suck at apartment hunting.

Reactions: 1 user
Damn that's rough. You gonna be doing a hotel or something?

Having guaranteed housing was like a main criteria for me when picking schools. I suck at apartment hunting.

I was abroad all summer and my two housemates took care of things. I'm not that worried about it though I would have liked to have a few days to move. I'll just have to deal with it.

I'm either going to bum around on couches if people will oblige and host me or ask if I can camp out in someone's backyard and use their bathroom. I figure I'll be at the med school for the majority of the day anyway so there's no harm. I lived out of a backpack for 2 months this summer and I'm really not concerned about this as much as people seem to think I should be.

I kinda think it's hilarious, but it'll work out.

I was abroad all summer and my two housemates took care of things. I'm not that worried about it though I would have liked to have a few days to move. I'll just have to deal with it.

I'm either going to bum around on couches if people will oblige and host me or ask if I can camp out in someone's backyard and use their bathroom. I figure I'll be at the med school for the majority of the day anyway so there's no harm. I lived out of a backpack for 2 months this summer and I'm really not concerned about this as much as people seem to think I should be.

I kinda think it's hilarious, but it'll work out.

Lol. You just have to backpack through orientation week.

man, I have to say, I LOVEEEE it here so far. orientation and move in day were amazing, with tons of awesome events to meet people. having a blast thus far!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I can't wait! :D

@Banco Do you speak Spanish, by the way? I always see your name and laugh because it means 'bank' in Spanish

Hahaha sadly I don't. It's actually just an obscure spongebob reference :laugh:

White coat ceremony today !! :clap::soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
I get 8 days of orientation then real class starts! White Coat ceremony will be the 14th! :)

Does anyone else feel like you're heading off to hogwarts and getting your stethoscope is kinda like getting your wand?

Or am I just weird?

Reactions: 9 users
The stethoscope chooses the doctor, remember. I think we can expect great things from you, @WedgeDawg

Reactions: 8 users
Welcome Picnic tomorrow, then orientation and white coat ceremony on Thursday, more orientation on Friday, and then 2 weeks of wards before basic science instruction begins.

Enjoying my last full off day today. Ahh...:)

Don't know if this has already been said, but:

Congrats to everyone in the entering class of 2019!!!! :D Best of luck! The rat race begins again ;)

Reactions: 5 users
Anatomy is almost over, thank god. We are in one of the worst anatomical parts of the body, the pelvis/perineum (hlp meh plz) but 1 week until anatomy is over and the white coat! Hoorah!

Reactions: 3 users
Silence has descended. Medical school has begun. See you all someday when the studying slows. :)