Class of 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I could be wrong about this, but I believe they offered coursework entry last year and I think they actually did it as soon as they got your transcripts. Didn't you use the service last year @SummerTheLynx? Did it work the same way as this year or was it different?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got verified! I initially submitted on the 5th, but because of the PTE mess I don't think I was put in line for verification until the 8th, so that's probably my real submit date. Just a heads-up for other people who submitted around then. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If given the option always take immuno! Then again, I may be just a taaaaad biased

I feel like I saw something about you being a UVa grad in another thread... Did you take immuno with Dr. Kittlesen?

I feel like I saw something about you being a UVa grad in another thread... Did you take immuno with Dr. Kittlesen?
Well I did way back when (4 years ago now), but I was the TA for Kittlesen for 2 years and then did my own immuno class separate from his that I taught after those 2 years of TAing. I also took the graduate school immuno course.... Immuno is a very major passion of mine lol. Kittlesen is certainly great for fostering that type of passion.

I could be wrong about this, but I believe they offered coursework entry last year and I think they actually did it as soon as they got your transcripts. Didn't you use the service last year @SummerTheLynx? Did it work the same way as this year or was it different?
Last year it took them like 10 days to input it after I got my transcripts in, but there was a guarantee that if something got entered incorrectly, then they would be able to rectify it from there. I was pleased with the service, saved me tons of time where I would have been checking over the grades entered over and over and over again lol

Just got verified guys! I submitted my application on the 3rd of September but they didn't receive my last transcript until the 10th.

It's not even October and yet I am already checking my application portals and emails at least once every few hours pretty much every day. Even on the weekends, just in case something magically changes or the ad comms decide to meet on a Saturday. :rofl:

This is going to be one looooooong semester.

Reactions: 3 users
It's not even October and yet I am already checking my application portals and emails at least once every few hours pretty much every day. Even on the weekends, just in case something magically changes or the ad comms decide to meet on a Saturday. :rofl:

I'm right there with you! Unexpected consequences of moving up the deadline: We all expect them to move even faster because we have too much time on our hands.

Reactions: 1 user

I did the same thing all semester. My friend (who I had multiple classes with) used to tell me she was going to take my laptop away. I seriously checked all of my portals every 20 minutes during class haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my gosh! I do the same thing. My friend gets so annoyed in class. Lol.
I drove myself crazy! The second time I applied, I really only checked my portals to make sure everything was squared away, and then whenever SDN started buzzing about something. Remember not to obsess over it!

I drove myself crazy! The second time I applied, I really only checked my portals to make sure everything was squared away, and then whenever SDN started buzzing about something. Remember not to obsess over it!

This is only my first time applying. I'm extremely nervous. I know that everything is in at this point, but I still freak out.

This is only my first time applying. I'm extremely nervous. I know that everything is in at this point, but I still freak out.
Trust me when I say to just relax about it. No point in constantly checking the portals, as soon as anything major happens with any school, the school specific SDN thread will be buzzing about like crazy, so try and keep it in check until then. This advice will be echoed a thousand times by veterans here, but try not to obsess too much over it and just try and do whatever hobby/interest/etc. in the meantime (take all the hours of a day that you would waste doing that/obsessing over that and channel it elsewhere :) ).

Reactions: 4 users
Trust me when I say to just relax about it. No point in constantly checking the portals, as soon as anything major happens with any school, the school specific SDN thread will be buzzing about like crazy, so try and keep it in check until then. This advice will be echoed a thousand times by veterans here, but try not to obsess too much over it and just try and do whatever hobby/interest/etc. in the meantime (take all the hours of a day that you would waste doing that/obsessing over that and channel it elsewhere :) ).
Yeah, the same advice was given to me and yet I still ignored it the first time. My anxiety was so bad! Second time? Didn't let it consume me, and I felt great. :cool:

I was a lot more stressed prior to submitting, to be honest. Clicking submit also probably gave me at least 47 gray hairs. :p

For now at least, I've actually been a lot less anxious about things than I had thought I would be at this point. I have no doubt I will get more antsy as interview decisions get closer to being sent out, though :scared: :)

SDN is my excuse to be antsy and ignore all the other stresses of life!

I don't know. Pressing the submit button didn't really alleviate any stress for me. I thought it would, but there hasn't been any feeling of relief yet. SDN is helping me though :) Thanks everyone!

I don't know. Pressing the submit button didn't really alleviate any stress for me. I thought it would, but there hasn't been any feeling of relief yet. SDN is helping me though :) Thanks everyone!
Indeed. SDN is a fantastic distraction, both from the stress of applications and the immunology paper I really probably should be working on right now... hmm...

Interleukin-10, interleukin-10...

Reactions: 2 users
I stopped checking my school portals after realizing nothing more will change until I get verified. But that has only made me check my email constantly instead--every time I get a new notification on the phone or laptop only to find some "sign in from new device" or spam email I just... +pissed+

Seriously.

Keeping yourself busy 'n occupied is the best way to avoid stressing about it. I managed to get to the point where when the email arrived telling me about my interview offer I had actually lost track of things and didn't realize at all it was that time yet. It was a pleasant surprise.

I was completely unsuccessful in forgetting about it between the interview and the acceptance offer, but fortunately, that's a much shorter period of time.

Reactions: 1 users
Keeping yourself busy 'n occupied is the best way to avoid stressing about it. I managed to get to the point where when the email arrived telling me about my interview offer I had actually lost track of things and didn't realize at all it was that time yet. It was a pleasant surprise.

This weekend was supposed to be the first crazy weekend for drinking and bad life choices for students, so I pumped/nervous that I'd be busy busy this weekend. Nope. Two pre-fire alarms and one real fire alarm. Nothing crazy. Not distracting enough. Geez, college kids. Why aren't you being less responsible and more distracting?! lol.:rolleyes:

I'm so impatient. I got myself into this magical thinking that since they've had my transcripts since the 1st and I submitted on the 14th, that I would wake up this morning and be verified. Lol. Needless to say I'm mad now.

I know how hard it is to be patient, but really, keep yourself busy. It's out of your hands now. You've done the work, you've submitted the application, and if everything is in, it'll get verified, etc, in time. You can't really control what happens with the application now, but you can control what you do in the meantime :) Have some fun, keep busy and before you know it you will be finding out.

I'm so impatient. I got myself into this magical thinking that since they've had my transcripts since the 1st and I submitted on the 14th, that I would wake up this morning and be verified. Lol. Needless to say I'm mad now.
Nah, they don't even put you in line until you submit so you have to go by the 14th, doesn't matter how long they'vehad your transcripts. It's only just been two weeks and last year it took three for people who submitted right around the deadline. Though they may be verifying a tad more efficiently this year, better to tell yourself it won't happen until 4 weeks from when you submitted and then be pleasantly surprised if it happens earlier :) I was convinced I was going to get verified on Halloween last year!

Hey guys, first post on here, but my application was just verified :)
(all of my materials were in on the 11th if you're wondering)

Hey everyone! I'm new to the site. I submitted my apps on the 13th, and still waiting to be verified! Good luck everyone :)

I thought the same way (because my very last transcript arrived way back in July!) but nope, I only have myself to blame for submitting so late. Though I guess even if I'd finished my essay & submitted way ahead of time like a responsible applicant, it still wouldn't have been counted as complete/in line for verification until the 10th (when my last ELOR came in...)
Hey guys, first post on here, but my application was just verified :)
(all of my materials were in on the 11th if you're wondering)
wow, if they're already getting to apps submitted on the 11th that gives me some hope! (love your icon btw)

All you suckers waiting to be verified, I've been basking in the glory of verification since August. nananananaanaaaaa :p

Reactions: 3 users
All you suckers waiting to be verified, I've been basking in the glory of verification since August. nananananaanaaaaa :p
Meaning: You've been desperately waiting for them to sort through us slackers!

Meaning: You've been desperately waiting for them to sort through us slackers!

Well put. If I don't get accepted, I can always justify the reasoning when I talk to to others by saying, "Yes, not a single vet school wanted me, but VMCAS verified me 2 months before a lot of other applicants."

That's just as good, right?

I think it ought to be worth something to get it in early. I'd have mine done in July (when I decided to try again) if it mattered...

Or if the schools had a category for early submission like "look how responsible and on time this applicant is!"

Reactions: 2 users
Like if there was a discount if you submitted early....that'd be nice

Yeah! I think that could be a really effective motivator to submit earlier, especially for people who are applying to a lot of schools and thus have a lot of application fees.

I would submit in May if that were a thing. Not even kidding.

I am right there with you and all the other OCD students that are consistently checking and refreshing portals although knowing changes won't happen for a bit ^_^. My biostats class has computers on all of the tables........ bad idea Professor Luca.... bad idea.....

I wish all schools were like Midwestern and did rolling admissions... less time waiting. Does anyone think we will hear back sooner than what last year's students experienced since our VMCAS opened and was due earlier this year... someone give me that good news please :nod:......

Or if the schools had a category for early submission like "look how responsible and on time this applicant is!"

Or if they mail you a grape scratch and sniff sticker that says: "You're berry good at time management!"

Reactions: 5 users
I am right there with you and all the other OCD students that are consistently checking and refreshing portals although knowing changes won't happen for a bit ^_^. My biostats class has computers on all of the tables........ bad idea Professor Luca.... bad idea.....

I wish all schools were like Midwestern and did rolling admissions... less time waiting. Does anyone think we will hear back sooner than what last year's students experienced since our VMCAS opened and was due earlier this year... someone give me that good news please :nod:......
Based on what others have been posting, none of the schools (that I'm aware of) have made any changes to their timelines. For example, Michigan State is still interviewing Dec-Feb, just like last year. It's possible that once the schools see where they're at in the next few weeks, things might change. Remember, this new deadline is a change for everyone!

Based on what others have been posting, none of the schools (that I'm aware of) have made any changes to their timelines. For example, Michigan State is still interviewing Dec-Feb, just like last year. It's possible that once the schools see where they're at in the next few weeks, things might change. Remember, this new deadline is a change for everyone!
CSU has pushed up some, but they also say it does depend on VMCAS releasing applications sooner, so I guess they're trying to stay flexible.

CSU has pushed up some, but they also say it does depend on VMCAS releasing applications sooner, so I guess they're trying to stay flexible.
Aka they're anticipating a delay on the VMCAS side of things...:p

VMCAS better have/get their shiz together and not let us down :bullcrap: