Class of 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
VMCAS better have/get their shiz together and not let us down :bullcrap:
:laugh::rofl::lol::roflcopter:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
EVERYTHING IS DONE.

NOW- the deadly waiting game.

No worries schools. You just have MY ENTIRE FUTURE in your hands.

Take your time.

<3, that girl that is getting in this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Or if the schools had a category for early submission like "look how responsible and on time this applicant is!"

Sure. So that the new deadline can be the new "OMG I HAVE TO HAVE MY APP IN BY THEN OR MY ENTIRE LIFE IS RUINED!!!!!!11111!!!!1111!!!111!" date so that everyone applies by then and the whole purpose is defeated.

(I do think financial incentive to apply earlier makes sense, though.)

Reactions: 1 users
Sure. So that the new deadline can be the new "OMG I HAVE TO HAVE MY APP IN BY THEN OR MY ENTIRE LIFE IS RUINED!!!!!!11111!!!!1111!!!111!" date so that everyone applies by then and the whole purpose is defeated.

(I do think financial incentive to apply earlier makes sense, though.)

Yeah, or if they scaled payments somewhat. Submit by May: $100/school, by June: $125/school, July: $150, August: $175, September 1-15: $200. They still make a sh** ton of money, and we can be somewhat rewarded for submitting on time.

Meanwhile I'm over here like "Meh, I'd pay more to submit late." No incentive could ever cure my procrastination.
It can't be that bad! I mean it's not like you would frantically ask a friend for help the night before. Or submit 3 hours before the deadline. Or anything like that :D

Reactions: 1 user
Meanwhile I'm over here like "Meh, I'd pay more to submit late." No incentive could ever cure my procrastination.

You can just wait until the deadline passes and you won't spend a dime! I think that's the most financially desirable option.

Reactions: 4 users
If it cut my spending in half, it would be done May 16. lol.

Hi all, I submitted on September 13th and was verified today. Just to keep you all updated! :pompous:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I submitted on September 13th and was verified today. Just to keep you all updated! :pompous:
IT'S GETTING CLOSER :nailbiting:

Also I thought I'd somehow received the Ohio State supplemental link before getting VMCAS verified, but it's just an email explaining when the supplemental will arrive and not to panic if you haven't gotten it yet. false alarm.

Fixed that for both of you; it was an incomplete sentence without the period.

Fixed that for you. ;). you're second half of your sentence didn't make sense without that pesky "it". lol.

Fixed that for you. ;). Your second half of your sentence didn't make sense without that pesky "it". lol.
Fixed that for you. "Your", not "you're". The latter is a contraction for "you are" while the former is possessive. :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
:bow: I can't believe I jacked that up. I didn't even realize it when I did it. lol.

Oh! So I totes forgot I was going to tell y'all this! My friend is going for PA school, so she fills out the CASPA. Turns out the CASPA is run by the same company that runs VMCAS. I want you to know that they suck equally for PA students.

Fixed that for you. "Your", not "you're." The latter is a contraction for "you are" while the former is possessive. :laugh:

Fixed that for you. The period goes within the quotation mark, not after. :banana:

Ok, people. TELL ME HOW YOU DO THIS MAGIC! I haven't figured out how to work the quote thing. Do I hit it then hight then hit it again? If I highlight then hit it, I get all my words in a text box (or none, no idea what the hell I'm doing)

Or is this a problem of SDN on my phone, that I can't do the cool things?

Oh! So I totes forgot I was going to tell y'all this! My friend is going for PA school, so she fills out the CASPA. Turns out the CASPA is run by the same company that runs VMCAS. I want you to know that they suck equally for PA students.
That's the same with my friend. CASPA sucks just as much

That's the same with my friend. CASPA sucks just as much

The realization was a good laugh for me. I was pretty annoyed with my friend at the time, so it made me get over my annoyance a little bit. lol

Ok, people. TELL ME HOW YOU DO THIS MAGIC! I haven't figured out how to work the quote thing. Do I hit it then hight then hit it again? If I highlight then hit it, I get all my words in a text box (or none, no idea what the hell I'm doing)

If you're using an iPhone (I'd imagine it is similar for Android, but I'm not positive), you should be able to hit the +Quote link at the bottom right of the post, which will add it to your multi-quote. When you scroll down the page to the reply box, there's another button for Insert Quotes.

Have you tried that?

If you want to reply to an entire post, you can just hit "reply" and it will automatically quote it and move you down to the reply box.
If you want to reply to a portion of a post, highlight that portion, then hit the "reply" button that pops up next to the highlight (not sure if this feature works on iPhone).
If you want to quote posts without it scrolling down to the reply box, so you can keep reading or so you can quote multiple posts, hit "+quote". This also works for quoting a portion of a post, again you would highlight and then hit the pop up "+quote". Then when you get down to the reply box, hit the "insert quotes" button that's next to post reply (that button only shows up if you have quoted stuff).

I'd imagine it is similar for Android, but I'm not positive

If you want to reply to a portion of a post, highlight that portion, then hit the "reply" button that pops up next to the highlight
Thank you! That has driven me crazy for years and I am too old to operate anything that is newer than the apple color. (Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego anyone?)
Now I just need to figure out how to get my phone to stop autocorrecting English into gibberish.

Fixed that for you ;). I'm stoked! Now that VMCAS has actually been turned in, they're getting super efficient.

Fixed that for both of you; was an incomplete sentence without the period.

Fixed that for you. ;). you're second half of your sentence didn't make sense without that pesky "it". lol.

Fixed that for you. "Your", not "you're". The latter is a contraction for "you are" while the former is possessive. :laugh:

Fixed that for you. The period goes within the quotation mark, not after. :banana:

rw9s3.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Yeah, or if they scaled payments somewhat. Submit by May: $100/school, by June: $125/school, July: $150, August: $175, September 1-15: $200. They still make a sh** ton of money, and we can be somewhat rewarded for submitting on time.
I suggested this last year (although I think it was someone else's idea first) and @VMCASSTAFF said they'd consider it. But we'll see. :rolleyes:

Thank you! That has driven me crazy for years and I am too old to operate anything that is newer than the apple color. (Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego anyone?)
Now I just need to figure out how to get my phone to stop autocorrecting English into gibberish.

Type gibberish, and it will autocorrect to English?

St George's, Ross, Cornell, Colorado, Georgia, Davis, Western, Midwestern, Oregon, Washington, and Sydney

Everyone seems to have applied to way more schools than I did....maybe I should have applied to more than just 5... anyways I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get into your top choices! :)

Everyone seems to have applied to way more schools than I did....maybe I should have applied to more than just 5... anyways I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get into your top choices! :)
I only applied to four. No worries. :) I didn't have a whole lot of free money floating around to apply to a whole ton of schools with... and I only went for the ones that I felt I actually had a realistic shot at.

That's what I did. I was told by a vet counselor to apply to 8 schools. I initially had 8 schools on my list but I felt I added 3 extra just for the hell of it not because those schools actually interested me. So I removed the 3 and kept the 5 I actually was attracted to and felt it was strategically smart to apply to. All the schools I applied to, I can see myself attending which is the route I wanted to go in :).

finnickthedog: I thought about only applying to ONE school haha! But my adviser looked at me with a crazy look and told me to apply to more. So I said alright, I'll apply to 2....she still gave me the crazy stare. I said 5 is as high as I'll go take it or forever give me that crazy stare hahah! I love her!

That's what I did. I was told by a vet counselor to apply to 8 schools. I initially had 8 schools on my list but I felt I added 3 extra just for the hell of it not because those schools actually interested me. So I removed the 3 and kept the 5 I actually was attracted to and felt it was strategically smart to apply to. All the schools I applied to, I can see myself attending which is the route I wanted to go in :).

finnickthedog: I thought about only applying to ONE school haha! But my adviser looked at me with a crazy look and told me to apply to more. So I said alright, I'll apply to 2....she still gave me the crazy stare. I said 5 is as high as I'll go take it or forever give me that crazy stare hahah! I love her!

I think it makes sense to apply to more if you're ready and willing to go to any of the ones you applied to should you get in.

But for me, on this cycle it's my IS or nothing. If I don't get in I apply again--and at that point I'm considering adding more schools. I think it's a good thing you didn't apply to the three others if you really weren't that interested in them. No point spending more money on applying in that case.

I didn't speak to an advisor otherwise I'm pretty sure I would have gotten the same crazy expression. :p

St George's, Ross, Cornell, Colorado, Georgia, Davis, Western, Midwestern, Oregon, Washington, and Sydney

Professional supplemental essay writer!

I applied to 5. I wouldn't necessarily recommend my strategy of looking at a map and going "Yup, think it'd be cool to live there." But that's how it happened.

I got verified today! submitted my apps on 9/13 :)

I think it makes sense to apply to more if you're ready and willing to go to any of the ones you applied to should you get in.

But for me, on this cycle it's my IS or nothing. If I don't get in I apply again--and at that point I'm considering adding more schools. I think it's a good thing you didn't apply to the three others if you really weren't that interested in them. No point spending more money on applying in that case.

I didn't speak to an advisor otherwise I'm pretty sure I would have gotten the same crazy expression. :p

I'm doing the exact same thing. :) My idea is that I'll of course be sad if I don't get in this round but on the bright side, I'll have a year to do something like work, gain experience, travel, and then expand my app for next cycle. So not the worst thing in the world.

I'm doing the exact same thing. :) My idea is that I'll of course be sad if I don't get in this round but on the bright side, I'll have a year to do something like work, gain experience, travel, and then expand my app for next cycle. So not the worst thing in the world.

My silver lining is that if I don't get in, I won't be in school this time next year so I might get to travel to my dog show national again which is in Oregon next year--a state I've never been too. Definitely not the worst thing in the world. ;)

Of course I'd rather get in, but it's nice to know there's something potentially exciting around the corner if I don't.

Professional supplemental essay writer!

I applied to 5. I wouldn't necessarily recommend my strategy of looking at a map and going "Yup, think it'd be cool to live there." But that's how it happened.

hahaha! I'd be lying if I said I didn't go on the AVMA site and clicked on the map that showed states where vet schools are established and did the same as you.... I didn't like some of the schools because of their locations but liked others because I thought it'd be nice to live there for 4 years....so indeed, location was a factor in my decision making. :p

I don't have an IS basically. So I picked things with programs I was interested in, places I was keen on living, and in WICHE. Plus, I've lived overseas before, and I loved it.

I wanted to apply to 5, got together enough money than crap hit the fan and I was only able to swing 2. I was $20 shy of doing my top 3 at the deadline. The worst part was knowing a new paycheck hit the account 12 hours later.

This is my last round so, I'll make the best of it and know that whatever happens, it's going my way.