Class of 2020... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Luckily they fixed it right away so they get points for that!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was doing great with this whole moving thing, but tonight the loneliness is setting in. It's hard being in a new place alone.

Reactions: 2 users
I was doing great with this whole moving thing, but tonight the loneliness is setting in. It's hard being in a new place alone.
I had that happen when I moved to CO last month. I think the loneliness sets in for a week or two when you move and then alleviates a bit once you get settled into a routine. Hope yours goes away soon though, it's definitely not a good feeling. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I had that happen when I moved to CO last month. I think the loneliness sets in for a week or two when you move and then alleviates a bit once you get settled into a routine. Hope yours goes away soon though, it's definitely not a good feeling. :(

Tomorrow is a week. Guess it's right on time. :p it will get better though, besides, a month from now I'm sure I'll be dying to have a day like today of doing nothing.

I know the feeling. General loneliness doesn't get me, like I don't care much about interacting with people in general (that makes me sound more antisocial than I am, but I'll roll with it), I just miss my people a lot. Like vmh said, it'll get easier. Staying busy helps. Also just trying really hard to enjoy all the free time, which is what I've been doing.

Reactions: 1 users
Moving to Missouri next Friday..... orientation starts next Sunday.... school starts in 19 days..... :barf:

All you people prematurely changing your status to Veterinary Student. I'm going to bask in my Pre-Veterinariness for a little while longer.

I'm still trying to decide if I should add my school to my Facebook yet or not. Maybe I'll be a good girl and wait until orientation... But I want it NOW :rofl:

I'm still trying to decide if I should add my school to my Facebook yet or not. Maybe I'll be a good girl and wait until orientation... But I want it NOW :rofl:
I think I added it when I made my attendance decision :laugh:

And then had to edit things when I had to defer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh lawd.

Sorry WZ, I could have found that flaming pile of poop in like three seconds. I wasn't paying attention.
Haha it only took a minute or two. Just couldn't remember the name of the thread or who started it but I found it via a different thread.

Haha it only took a minute or two. Just couldn't remember the name of the thread or who started it but I found it via a different thread.
Haha. That thread. Aka "Why I eventually was scolded by someone to finally change my status to vet student halfway through first year."

Looking forward to moving to Missouri Friday! Today was my last day of work and I was gifted the Littman Master Classic II by my boss. I know nothing about stethoscopes but this baby is nice! It's all getting so real..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
My MPH/DVM orientation is the 15th, I'm pretty pumped because I'll be able to meet my cohort (and I think we'll also get to meet the MBA/DVM students too!). Hopefully it's a good time.

Of course, I also get like 10 orientations because I'm in a dual degree. There's one next year which is for everybody entering vet school full time that fall and I also think there might be an orientation just for the MPH degree, but I'm not sure if that's mandatory or not.

Our 3 day orientation starts TOMORROW! We start in classes in 7 days. Last day of being a bum!

All you people prematurely changing your status to Veterinary Student. I'm going to bask in my Pre-Veterinariness for a little while longer.
I think it's totally acceptable to change it now. Sure you haven't had your first day yet but you're accepted. You're in. You're a freaking vet student. Revel in it.

You could totally just cancel vet school and continue bumming it. Doooo ittt. :eek:
Yesterday I asked mr. dubz if i could forget the whole vet school thing and just read books for a living. He reminded me that i would probably have to review them or something to make any money. Not worth it.

My kitty and I officially moved to Kansas on Wednesday! She did well with the 5 hour drive (the longest trip she's ever been on), and seems happy in my new apartment already. I also really like the place, although I still cringe at how expensive it is. :laugh: My boyfriend came up to help me move in, and then I said goodbye to him yesterday, which was hard. He'll be studying abroad in China this semester, so I won't see him until January, and communication will probably be spotty while he's over there. It will be really weird not having him around for the holidays, but I'm sure the time will go by fast!

I'm kind of glad I didn't move to Manhattan earlier, because it's definitely lonely not knowing anybody here. So far I've been keeping busy unpacking. I'll be happy once I have internet, hopefully tomorrow! Our orientation starts the 17th and classes start the 22nd.

Reactions: 6 users
My kitty and I officially moved to Kansas on Wednesday! She did well with the 5 hour drive (the longest trip she's ever been on), and seems happy in my new apartment already. I also really like the place, although I still cringe at how expensive it is. :laugh: My boyfriend came up to help me move in, and then I said goodbye to him yesterday, which was hard. He'll be studying abroad in China this semester, so I won't see him until January, and communication will probably be spotty while he's over there. It will be really weird not having him around for the holidays, but I'm sure the time will go by fast!

I'm kind of glad I didn't move to Manhattan earlier, because it's definitely lonely not knowing anybody here. So far I've been keeping busy unpacking. I'll be happy once I have internet, hopefully tomorrow! Our orientation starts the 17th and classes start the 22nd.
At least you will both be really busy! China was amazing when I did an exchange there. The time will go by fast. :)

Last day of work tonight and moving next week! I feel like I'm so far behind everyone.

Apparently my boss was supposed to do some paperwork to have my final check ready tonight that she didn't complete, so I've got to wait until Monday to get paid. She felt really bed and added an extra 8 hours to my time card to compensate me. I totally wasnt expecting to get paid until the end of next pay period, but this is a happy surprise!

Now to just hope that they add the shift differential to my pto that I'm selling back

Reactions: 4 users
So far I'm enjoying living alone again, but I think it's going to take me a month to fill up my dishwasher. :laugh: It's a good thing I have one, though, because dishes are probably my least favorite chore. I think I can count on one hand how many times I washed dishes while living with my boyfriend.

So far I'm enjoying living alone again, but I think it's going to take me a month to fill up my dishwasher. :laugh: It's a good thing I have one, though, because dishes are probably my least favorite chore. I think I can count on one hand how many times I washed dishes while living with my boyfriend.
Yeah I need more dishes so I can use my dishwasher efficiently, as it is I'll never fill it even if I use every dish I have

New apartment move-in date is 2 days after school starts --> bad life decisions ftw:eyebrow:
Also I'm 1.5 hrs away so I get to stay at a hotel for the 3 days of orientation plus first 2 days of class, better start packing!!

New apartment move-in date is 2 days after school starts --> bad life decisions ftw:eyebrow:
Also I'm 1.5 hrs away so I get to stay at a hotel for the 3 days of orientation plus first 2 days of class, better start packing!!
Aww, I'm in a similar situation. Thankfully my mom has contacts with a hotel near the vet school so I'm getting a super discounted rate for our orientation. Still not looking forward to not being able to actually move in until the day before class starts.

Aww, I'm in a similar situation. Thankfully my mom has contacts with a hotel near the vet school so I'm getting a super discounted rate for our orientation. Still not looking forward to not being able to actually move in until the day before class starts.
Glad to hear someone else is in the same boat! Let's just hope the first week is not too crazy so we can settle in and have time to catch our breath. ;);)

Got my ID badge today! :D Somehow seeing my name on there alongside "college of veterinary medicine" made things feel a lot more real. May or may not have almost cried on the way home.

We have two full days of orientation (8 to 5) starting tomorrow after already doing some orientation stuff at camp and the welcome event Wed-Fri. I am really wondering how they are going to fill 2 days with MORE orientation stuff, but I'm thinking I will probably end up bored and SDNing at some point.

We were supposed to start orientation tomorrow but LSU, and most of Baton Rouge, is completely flooded. My house is safe for now (first time I've been grateful I live so far from the school) but many of my new classmates have had their new houses/apartments flood. Really scary/sad. Not sure when school will start now. :(

We were supposed to start orientation tomorrow but LSU, and most of Baton Rouge, is completely flooded. My house is safe for now (first time I've been grateful I live so far from the school) but many of my new classmates have had their new houses/apartments flood. Really scary/sad. Not sure when school will start now. :(
Oh no, that is awful :(

Survived our first week (read: thursday and friday) of class, and had our white coat ceremony today! It was great!!

I just spent an hour cleaning every inch of my apartment.... Guess I'm a bit nervous about my first day tomorrow

Good luck to everyone else that is starting tomorrow!

I just spent an hour cleaning every inch of my apartment.... Guess I'm a bit nervous about my first day tomorrow

I just did the same, but it's because my roommate is coming home tonight! Lol

Good luck tomorrow! You'll do great.

Glad you're alright. Do you have power/ phone service?
I'm impressed with the community response here in BR. Thought it was really neat that LSUSVM is organizing an exchange for students & staff to match donated items/assistance to those who need them.

Can't sleep because I'm too excited about starting tomorrow.

That's awful that the flooding is so bad for you guys in Louisiana! I'll be sending dry, safe thoughts your way.

Haha, stress cleaning for the win! Definitely will be doing a bunch of that today and over the next few days.

Good luck today!

LSU just pushed out start day to Wednesday.
The creek behind my neighborhood is starting to back up again. Nobody seems to know when it will hit its peak. It receded a ton since Saturday morning; so, we have room to go. But, it's nerve-wracking for sure.

I had lunch with a few girls from my class today, including @sarakittykat and @CatLover91! It was nice to finally meet some people after being alone the past week and a half. Our orientation starts Wednesday! I'm excited for orientation, but definitely nervous for classes to start next Monday.

Sending good thoughts to those of you at LSU. :(

Had my MPH/DVM orientation today and got to meet a bunch of other dualies that will be in my graduating class! Excited to get the year underway. :D

Reactions: 5 users