Class of 2020... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Doesn't that require actually knowing what the slides were?
Indeed! I knew what they were. :heckyeah:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Doesn't that require actually knowing what the slides were?

Not in the least. You just have to tap dance in your description of them. Use non-committal language and don't back yourself into a diagnostic corner by declaring precisely what it is.

As a pro tip, that sets you up for doing it exactly how real-life pathologists do it. They never commit to an answer either. Right, @WhtsThFrequency ?

Reactions: 6 users
Not in the least. You just have to tap dance in your description of them. Use non-committal language and don't back yourself into a diagnostic corner by declaring precisely what it is.

As a pro tip, that sets you up for doing it exactly how real-life pathologists do it. They never commit to an answer either. Right, @WhtsThFrequency ?
haha. Sadly, this is pretty basic ID this and what does it do/where is it found.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do love the way histo is tested. Very helpful for when I take a tissue sample and a) look at it myself and b) forget where it's from, right? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
haha. I think you might have missed the implied :penguin: associated with that statement.

I got it. But it was more fun to support TT :)
My favorite part of anatomy was the "right or left" bone in a sock. Because if an animal comes in separated from its legs, I need to know how to reattach them and which one goes where.

Reactions: 5 users
I got it. But it was more fun to support TT :)
My favorite part of anatomy was the "right or left" bone in a sock. Because if an animal comes in separated from its legs, I need to know how to reattach them and which one goes where.
YASSS. These last two classes really have missed out not having Stein and Watson.

I survived my first anatomy lab exam! It actually wasn't as bad as I feared, the questions were really straightforward for the most part. Hopefully my grade will reflect how I felt about it!

On the other hand, I'm really worried about our physiology exam this Friday. I've been so focused on anatomy that I'm WAY behind on studying. :scared:

Survived my first anatomy lab exam as well, and somehow I'm done with class at noon today, which will be a perfect opportunity to spend the rest of the day studying for microanatomy and doing biochem problem assignments. And class rep drama - still trying to figure out how to persuade people that they don't need to be in panic mode about every test/assignment/clicker question all the time...

I'm starting to feel like I've got a study rhythm figured out, but we start 2 more courses this week, so that feeling may be short lived :laugh:

I learned from the best!

I feel a bit more comfortable and confident about the whole vet school thing now that I've started to get into my groove. :)

Had a lecture exam yesterday and a lab exam today, both for histophys, and I think I did pretty well! Really enjoying that class, actually. Nutrition... not so much. :laugh:

Reactions: 6 users
Watson was uncomfortably weird. Like seriously.
One of our anatomy profs - Smallwood, if people use his LA text they'd understand this completely - was also solidly on the uncomfortably weird spectrum. Nice man most of the time, but every other day or so he'd do things that just made everyone go :bored:. Retired after our class.

Slowly coming to terms with the fact that being a B student in vet school is not a bad thing...

One of our anatomy profs - Smallwood, if people use his LA text they'd understand this completely - was also solidly on the uncomfortably weird spectrum. Nice man most of the time, but every other day or so he'd do things that just made everyone go :bored:. Retired after our class.

This guy kinda just... made my hair stand on end. Like weird vibes. I dunno.

We started on nerves and vessels in anatomy lab today, I'm not a fan. The ridiculous amount of fat on my group's dog makes it really difficult to tell what's what. :confused: And I'm still woefully unprepared for my physiology exam tomorrow, I have 6.5 more lectures to somehow attempt to get through tonight and still get a good night's sleep. I looked over last year's test and it was pretty straightforward, but our professor keeps vaguely hinting that he's going to make it more difficult. I've resigned myself to being happy if I get a C in this class!

Women. Always taking their time with things that should be done swiftly.

The things you're speaking of probably won't be done today, because she needs to get to that "special place" first to do them. #stereotype

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Officially survived hell week. Time for alcohol.

Reactions: 7 users