Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else having trouble logging into AAMC? I can't seem to access my account. ):

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else having trouble logging into AAMC? I can't seem to access my account. ):

Yeah I just tried logging into the MSAR and it says my UN and password are invalid.

I just submitted my first secondary (Rochester)! I'll probably end up submitting GWU and Georgetown tomorrow. This is getting too real.

Yeah I got GWU's at like 10am today, that is the speediest response (even by automated email reply standards) I've ever seen.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Still nothing yet. Submitted first day...The excitement is killer!

If you have the Gmail organizer inbox thing, make sure you check all of your folders! My MCW one ended up going to Promotions instead of primary for some reason.

Slowly prewriting away (won't get any secondaries for a while as due to a lost transcript submitted June 29th)... anyone done with UCLA's yet? So long...

If you have the Gmail organizer inbox thing, make sure you check all of your folders! My MCW one ended up going to Promotions instead of primary for some reason.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep looking. :)

In the mean time, I'm guessing that the school needs to receive our primary in order for the FAP fee waiver to kick in, yes? I've submitted my WASL supplementary today, but I'm still waiting to have the fee waived. Sigh.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep looking. :)

In the mean time, I'm guessing that the school needs to receive our primary in order for the FAP fee waiver to kick in, yes? I've submitted my WASL supplementary today, but I'm still waiting to have the fee waived. Sigh.
If your in the FAP, do you get the secondaries waived automatically?

Hoping you all have a great 4th of July weekend! :clap::clap::clap:

Alright now I'm getting super worried about getting secondaries while I'm abroad. I don't feel comfortable bringing my laptop along because the hostels I'm staying in probably won't be very secure (and it'll make my backpack way heavier), so I won't have it available to submit them. At this point I'm kind of hoping my verification gets delayed so that I won't get a ton of secondaries in the middle of my trip and have a hard time meeting the 2 week deadline. This is why I wanted to travel in late June instead of July!

Alright now I'm getting super worried about getting secondaries while I'm abroad. I don't feel comfortable bringing my laptop along because the hostels I'm staying in probably won't be very secure (and it'll make my backpack way heavier), so I won't have it available to submit them. At this point I'm kind of hoping my verification gets delayed so that I won't get a ton of secondaries in the middle of my trip and have a hard time meeting the 2 week deadline. This is why I wanted to travel in late June instead of July!

Most hostels have lockers, especially since you are traveling in Europe, where the hostels are really nice. I guess that doesn't solve the heavy backpack issue tho =/

Members don't see this ad :)
Most hostels have lockers, especially since you are traveling in Europe, where the hostels are really nice. I guess that doesn't solve the heavy backpack issue tho =/

That's true about the lockers. I'm gonna look up each of the places I'm staying at and see if they have them. I can deal with the extra weight.

Also I'm mostly staying in private rooms rather than dorm rooms with random people, so that should be fine right? I'm assuming they lock.

Also I'm mostly staying in private rooms rather than dorm rooms with random people, so that should be fine right? I'm assuming they lock.
They did when I did the whole hostel thing, but ymmv :shrug:

I only ever stayed in dorm rooms, but I'm sure the single rooms lock. I wouldn't leave valuable stuff sitting out though, I wouldn't do that in a nice hotel either, never know who's cleaning your room.

I only ever stayed in dorm rooms, but I'm sure the single rooms lock. I wouldn't leave valuable stuff sitting out though, I wouldn't do that in a nice hotel either, never know who's cleaning your room.
Well, in a hostel odds are NOBODY is cleaning your room, but I still wouldn't leave stuff sitting out!
I always had a small daypack with me when I was backpacking/hostel-ing. I'd leave the big one in the room and take the small one (with my valuables) with me unless there was a safe behind the desk or something.

Reactions: 1 users
Solution: I'm gonna try to buy an old laptop that I saw on Craigslist for 45 bucks. Hopefully it'll have enough power to run word and the internet without too much trouble, and it's cheap enough that I won't be that upset if something happens to it. The weight will still suck though. Thanks for the input, everyone!

Solution: I'm gonna try to buy an old laptop that I saw on Craigslist for 45 bucks. Hopefully it'll have enough power to run word and the internet without too much trouble, and it's cheap enough that I won't be that upset if something happens to it. The weight will still suck though. Thanks for the input, everyone!
I was going to recommend using an old one, but the old ones are usually heavier, so I kept my mouth shut.
Don't forget that software costs, too!

Also, if the $45 one doesn't work out for you, there are some super-cheap Chromebooks out there now which would have just about the amount of functionality you need (and yes, you can edit files offline). If it's $100 new, I bet you could find something barely-used for decent (and they're pretty light).

I was going to recommend using an old one, but the old ones are usually heavier, so I kept my mouth shut.
Don't forget that software costs, too!

Also, if the $45 one doesn't work out for you, there are some super-cheap Chromebooks out there now which would have just about the amount of functionality you need (and yes, you can edit files offline). If it's $100 new, I bet you could find something barely-used for decent (and they're pretty light).

The old one's actually a pound lighter than my computer, which is a nice plus. I didn't even think about software. Hopefully that won't be an issue and office will already be loaded. I leave on Sunday so I don't really have the chance to shop around or order stuff online. lol at my last-minute planning.

The old one's actually a pound lighter than my computer, which is a nice plus. I didn't even think about software. Hopefully that won't be an issue and office will already be loaded. I leave on Sunday so I don't really have the chance to shop around or order stuff online. lol at my last-minute planning.
I mean, you don't really need Office. Google has free versions of everything now and anyway, all of the forms recommend drafting your essays in .txt anyway, and Notepad is built in.

Hey everyone! Question for you: Is anyone here submitting secondaries before being verified? I have 3 in hand right now but I don't want to mess anything up by jumping the gun and sending them in before the schools have received my full app.

Hey everyone! Question for you: Is anyone here submitting secondaries before being verified? I have 3 in hand right now but I don't want to mess anything up by jumping the gun and sending them in before the schools have received my full app.
I'm sending in Columbia this week, nowhere close to being verified. i think you should turn around secondaries quickly to show interest (as does the rest of SDN). No one's going to look at anything until you're complete with everything so nothing will be messed up

Hey all! joining this thread with everyone. How's the secondaries going? Anyone submitted any yet?

Hey all! joining this thread with everyone. How's the secondaries going? Anyone submitted any yet?

Submitted many, swamped with even more that I havent done, and am not looking forward to getting swamped further every day of this week.
:(

Submitted many, swamped with even more that I havent done, and am not looking forward to getting swamped further every day of this week.
:(
Haha hang in there! I guess I'm glad that i didn't submit until late June so I'll have another month before secondaries really roll in...I'm done with 9/14! So close i can feel it gahhhh

I've got 7 of 18 secondaries so far... This is going to be pretty expensive and time consuming...

6 of 13 secondaries done and started to pre-write one so I guess I'm halfway through the secondary process!

Hang in there, everyone! We'll all pull through! :)
8 of 19 schools done so far. Sigh...

How was everyone's 4th of July? Any celebrations?

Hang in there, everyone! We'll all pull through! :)
8 of 19 schools done so far. Sigh...

How was everyone's 4th of July? Any celebrations?
I spent it trying to write secondaries and failing. I've completed ONE so far, and I was supposed to be prewriting for the past month!

Starting to seriously freak...

Well Supreme court just passed National Gay Marriage Legalization so.......
saw this and couldn't resist...but the Supreme Court doesn't "pass" anything ;)

ah... you know what i mean
yeah I know lol, just a pet peeve of mine when people don't get our branches correctly. The worst is "The President passed X law." Um, nope. Congress is the only national body that can pass any laws. :smug:

Buckled down and got 5 secondaries out last night...so that makes 6 in total, out of 25 schools that I applied to, so I'm over 20% done!
I still had 4-5 that I'd received by last night to do, but I was feeling pretty good. Until I woke up to another 3 :bang:

Reactions: 2 users
Buckled down and got 5 secondaries out last night...so that makes 6 in total, out of 25 schools that I applied to, so I'm over 20% done!
I still had 4-5 that I'd received by last night to do, but I was feeling pretty good. Until I woke up to another 3 :bang:

You can do it, @mehc012! Chin up and work hard! :)

can you pass some "buckle down" vibes to me, because I am barely pushing out one a day :drowning:

Last edited:
can you pass some "buckle down" vibes to me, because I am barely pushing out one a day :drowning:
The trick is to procrastinate so that you have 11 to choose from and can knock out all of the ones with similar/identical questions (e.g. "Is there anything else you would like the admissions committee to know?")
:laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
You can do it, @mehc012! Chin up and work hard! :)
No chinups for me today; I donated blood and my fat ass qualifies as the sort of 'heavy lifting' we're supposed to avoid! :laugh:

But really, thanks for the encouragement...how are yours shaping up?

The trick is to procrastinate so that you have 11 to choose from and can knock out all of the ones with similar/identical questions (e.g. "Is there anything else you would like the admissions committee to know?")
:laugh:
Hahaha, advice heeded! I've noticed I tend to do easier secondaries first, which is no bueno since I'm still sitting on some from July 1 :mooning:

No chinups for me today; I donated blood and my fat ass qualifies as the sort of 'heavy lifting' we're supposed to avoid! :laugh:

But really, thanks for the encouragement...how are yours shaping up?
Haha, I prewrote everything, which was crazy stressful last month, but I'm pretty much just cruising now. :)

Haha, I prewrote everything, which was crazy stressful last month, but I'm pretty much just cruising now. :)

That was my plan, but I failed :( :(
@mehc012 same... I spent all this time reading sdn and how important it was to pre-write and then I just flopped. Every day was "meh how about tomorrow" and then July happened

Reactions: 5 users
I finally submitted my first secondary last night... I've received 8. I feel like any time I sit down to write them I just spend half the time opening all my word docs and reading their websites.... and then its 2 in the morning. yikes. I hope they get their letter forwarding issues sorted out, I just wanna be done already! Too bad I impulse added two more primaries because I was stressed. Why? because I just love to waste money. That must be it. lovely.

By the way people looking for suits - especially petite/talls, Ann Taylor is having a 65% off of sale items and they have a lot of good suits! I just bought a 3 piece (matching blazer, skirt and pants) + an extra blazer for $167! Most of the things on sale are for petites/tall, but i'm neither and still found stuff!

saw this and couldn't resist...but the Supreme Court doesn't "pass" anything ;)

But according to Roberts in King v. Burwell, they now have legislative authority :shrug:

No? He just interpreted an already passed las

It's not the duty of the court to figure out what the legislators intended. What makes this more complicated is that the original lawmakers clearly intended for subsidies to go to the states only (to coerce adoption). SCOTUS basically legislated from the bench to produce their decision.