Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I JUST FOUND A SUIT THAT MEETS ALL MY CRITERIA! Petite, one button, not black, and skirt and pant options.

IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Where?! Share the wealth, @chocoholicsoxfan !!
Ann Taylor just got in a brand new one button suit! I really wanted one of those because I have a larger bust, so I figured it would look better. Talbot's also has some options I was considering, but the Ann Taylor skirt just fit me way too perfectly!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, as someone who works in retail, let me tell you that most stores are getting their fall lines in this week or next week, so check places you've already looked at again over the next few weeks.

After filling out the never ending list of secondaries, id kill for a II just to be excited about.

I know the feeling. I feel like without the II, it's just a lot of work without any promise of payoff. #delayedgratification

Hey hey party people.

Out of curiosity, if someone tells you to apply broadly, how would you interpret that?

People keep warning me about it and saying that's the mistake everyone makes their first app cycle. I kept thinking "nah, I'm applying to all kinds of programs with all kinds of stats, I'm good" but... Maybe I'm not?

And speaking of school ranges, I grew up in Texas but the only TX school I'm applying to is Baylor because the Texas app system schools all require more biology and math than I can get in the next year. I've maxed out what I can take at any local colleges because the university doesn't allow postbac students. This really bothers me because that is a HUGE hole in my applications, I feel, but I can't think of a way to fix it short of quitting my job and moving to another state, which is not really feasible. Not sure what else to do here.

I think that means apply to a mix of tiered schools (check @WedgeDawg 's very handy rating system to have a more specific idea). But for instance, if you are a really top tier applicant, you can apply to top and mid tier schools, including schools like Drexel and Loyola as backups (no offense meant to those schools).

Ann Taylor just got in a brand new one button suit! I really wanted one of those because I have a larger bust, so I figured it would look better. Talbot's also has some options I was considering, but the Ann Taylor skirt just fit me way too perfectly!
JELLY BEANS. One button suits make me look like a sausage cinch.

@tea guzzling traveler Thank you, I'll have to check that out because that was my big question-- figuring out where schools actually fall on the "range" aside from just their stats or acceptance rates. I'm a nontrad though, so really figuring out how competitive I am is a little tricky for me to puzzle out :/ But this makes me think I am aiming too high since I did indeed just add Drexel and Loyola to widen the spread but I don't think I'm a hard hitting top tier candidate.

Currently needing to figure out interview outfits. What colors other than black are good? And should I go with pants or a skirt?
As has been suggested, I should also get some prescription-less glasses due to my obvious baby face...any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions for a good part-time medically related job other than research? I'm currently in the market...:)

Currently needing to figure out interview outfits. What colors other than black are good? And should I go with pants or a skirt?
As has been suggested, I should also get some prescription-less glasses due to my obvious baby face...any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions for a good part-time medically related job? I'm currently in the market...:)

I've never heard that glasses tip... I wear glasses and still look like a child lol.
In terms of skirt vs pants, wear whatever you are most comfortable in. If you're not used to wearing skirts and dresses, your discomfort will show.

I've never heard that glasses tip... I wear glasses and still look like a child lol.
In terms of skirt vs pants, wear whatever you are most comfortable in. If you're not used to wearing skirts and dresses, your discomfort will show.
I was given the glasses suggestion by an ADCOM member...apparently I look like I am still in high school (which is frustrating yet very unsurprising).
And I am most comfortable in a skirt most definitely (the only time I wear pants is if I am stuck working in the lab or if it is too cold). I just think that pants look more professional in general.

I was given the glasses suggestion by an ADCOM member...apparently I look like I am still in high school (which is frustrating yet very unsurprising).
And I am most comfortable in a skirt most definitely (the only time I wear pants is if I am stuck working in the lab or if it is too cold). I just think that pants look more professional in general.

Haha if it makes you feel any better, I recently had a movie theater employee sell me a child's ticket (13 and under). I didn't even ask for one, she just assumed.

Haha I actually think skirts look more professional, but I'm pretty conservative/old-fashioned :p I think as long as the skirt is not too short, you won't be perceived as being unprofessional.

That's funny, I've always heard the glasses trick to look younger because it covers and crepeyness/sunkenness/wrinkles/dark circles. Certainly works for me, wearing contacts is like slathering ten years into my face.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's funny, I've always heard the glasses trick to look younger because it covers and crepeyness/sunkenness/wrinkles/dark circles. Certainly works for me, wearing contacts is like slathering ten years into my face.

Totally agree! I look much more mature without my glasses, but my eyes hate me so I can't wear contacts. Plus, I wear huge hipster glasses (no, I'm not actually a hipster) and people tend to remember my glasses, so they make me memorable when I otherwise have very plain features that are easily forgotten.

This conversation makes me laugh. :D I wear glasses because 1. my eyes suck, 2. I refuse to poke my eyes every morning (so no contacts), and 3. My boba face needs the "structure" that glasses provide.

How much younger? I doubt it'd work enough magic to make me look like a recent grad considering I graduated undergrad in 2005! I think the gray hairs on my head/ in my beard help give away my age.

Potentially being a member of the 2020 class sounds so weird!

This conversation makes me laugh. :D I wear glasses because 1. my eyes suck, 2. I refuse to poke my eyes every morning (so no contacts), and 3. My boba face needs the "structure" that glasses provide.

Haha what is a boba face?

Ohhh. Hahaha I was thinking Boba Fett.
I was thinking bubble tea and WISHING Boba Fett because it's a hilarious mental image.

Then I couldn't get the picture of a squishy bubble wearing a Boba Fett helmet out of my head, and decided it was time to break for lunch :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Damn y'all are buying interview outfits and I still haven't submitted a secondary lol (fml). I've been back home for two days now so I have no excuse.

I am holding off on thinking about interview outfits, because if I bought one now and then didn't get any interviews it would be super sad.

I am holding off on thinking about interview outfits, because if I bought one now and then didn't get any interviews it would be super sad.
This. Also, I tried on a bathing suit last week and discovered I have a serious case of the chubbs which I want to rectify before getting anything tailored.

This. Also, I tried on a bathing suit last week and discovered I have a serious case of the chubbs which I want to rectify before getting anything tailored.

Hahaha at 1am last night, I impulsively purchased one of those high-waisted swim suits that Taylor Swift wears from Etsy. I woke up the next morning and realized that my body looks nothing like Taylor Swift's and that it's probably going to look awful and end up being a waste of $40.

Hey you are better than that! Start off with little confidence and you're already behind! You will get interviews! Believe.

I think I'm going to follow @phuynh94 and have a Pokemon avatar! I heard about the penguin avatars from the 2019 thread. How does everyone feel about doing a Pokemon avatar theme for this cycle?!?! We all start with the lowest evolution of a Pokemon that has 3 stages, change to the evolved form when we're accepted, and then change to the final version evolution upon matriculation! This was previously suggested and I think it's a great idea for more than one person to do together!!

I think I'm going to follow @phuynh94 and have a Pokemon avatar! I heard about the penguin avatars from the 2019 thread. How does everyone feel about doing a Pokemon avatar theme for this cycle?!?!
...I think I'd get too invested in the original 151 vs the rest :(

Plus, I've promised to go back to River once I stop being enthused about the USWNT!

...I think I'd get too invested in the original 151 vs the rest :(

Plus, I've promised to go back to River once I stop being enthused about the USWNT!
I grew up playing Johto as well so I am privy to the first two generations. It's the other ones that I don't really like.

So no? :(

I grew up playing Johto as well so I am privy to the first two generations. It's the other ones that I don't really like.

So no? :(
Haha, It can totally be a thing, I'm just predicting several rehashes of the old '151 or bust' debate!

Haha, It can totally be a thing, I'm just predicting several rehashes of the old '151 or bust' debate!
Back in my day, you could only turn Eevee into THREE THINGS OKAY

I think I'm going to follow @phuynh94 and have a Pokemon avatar! I heard about the penguin avatars from the 2019 thread. How does everyone feel about doing a Pokemon avatar theme for this cycle?!?! We all start with the lowest evolution of a Pokemon that has 3 stages, change to the evolved form when we're accepted, and then change to the final version evolution upon matriculation! This was previously suggested and I think it's a great idea for more than one person to do together!!

You down? I'm down

Back in my day, you could only turn Eevee into THREE THINGS OKAY

I am both extremely amused and honored. :giggle: The first 2 generations are my favorite. (Chikorita, HELLO). :)

I am both extremely amused and honored. :giggle: The first 2 generations are my favorite. (Chikorita, HELLO). :)
Ask other people to convert! Ask other people to convert! I already got one: @bobmccorweg :D

Reactions: 2 users
Done! Tho I might change my Pidgey at some point...found a set of 3 illustrations that I like for all stages of evo, might be nice to use the same set all the way through!

pidgey__pidgeotto__pidgeot_by_dantecyberman-d6no0ww.jpg

Done! Tho I might change my Pidgey at some point...found a set of 3 illustrations that I like for all stages of evo, might be nice to use the same set all the way through!
So realistic. lol

so I guess im gonna be "class of 2020" if everything goes well this cycle
Awwww yyyeah, time to get your game face PokémON and get ready to rock and roll!

Speaking of swimsuits...I haven't stopped the stress eating habits that I had taken on before my MCAT...I want to diet so bad but I also love food #thestruggle

And I don't remember anything about Pokemon :( I just remember collecting the cards when they were real popular back in my elementary school days

Speaking of swimsuits...I haven't stopped the stress eating habits that I had taken on before my MCAT...I want to diet so bad but I also love food #thestruggle

And I don't remember anything about Pokemon :( I just remember collecting the cards when they were real popular back in my elementary school days
Join us anyway! Google 'Pokémon', find a cool pic, and run with it!

It is done. I'm rooting hardcore for phuynh94 even though she's way hardcore herself.

Here's hoping I become ariados soon

whats up with the pokemon theme?? pokemon is so 10 years ago...:yawn:
:shrug: Random inspiration struck, I s'pose. Penguins, pokémon, whatever, doesn't much matter, I'm just always down for a group effort!

We are an incredibly geeky group of people and I love us.