Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this thread really necessary?

Members don't see this ad.

Lose the condescending attitude, hotshot. I was playing along with the sarcasm.

He has a sense of superiority because he's a med student...you haven't even set foot inside a college lecture yet.

Is this trolls trolling trolls or a legitimate thread? My radar is broken...

Members don't see this ad :)
He has a sense of superiority because he's a med student...you haven't even set foot inside a college lecture yet.
in this case it's not so much a sense of superiority as it is just straight up superiority

Reactions: 1 user
in this case it's not so much a sense of superiority as it is just straight up superiority

But I took like, 5 AP classes in high school! Should I start studying for the MCAT during freshman year? I am trying to narrow my choices between Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and Duke, and I really need to do well.

Oh hi guys i'm really interested in double majoring in pre-med and pediatric functional neurosurgery. my dream school has been harvard since i was like 9 years old. i could settle for upenn or princeton's med school... i hear princeton is a really well-kept secret. cant w8 to meet evry1 on the interview trail!

No, but really, isn't it a little premature to have one of these?

Says the med student. Haha.

He didn't understand my point in the first place, so I think his pedestal is a little lower than he thinks.
you're a high schooler so you don't really see that any pedestal is higher than the bottomless pit you occupy

OMG. Everyone on this thread is so harsh. It's just a thread, albeit a premature thread. Although I am curious to see how many people who are pre-med now change their minds once we start college

OMG. Everyone on this thread is so harsh. It's just a thread, albeit a premature thread. Although I am curious to see how many people who are pre-med now change their minds once we start college

Look at the first few pages of every class of thread, this isn't that harsh.

Members don't see this ad :)
it almost seems like a rite of passage to dump on newcomers.
the newcomers in the past hadn't been zit faced teenagers who haven't started college. it's too bad these threads are tolerated at all.. now get off my lawn

I'm actually class of 2015 (undergrad) and will be taking the mcat in 2014 but have decided on taking a gap year after graduation and will hopefully start med school in 2016! so I'm looking forward to being apart of the class of 2020!

The typical freshman sdner:

*watches an episode of House, MD and joins SDN 5 minutes later thinking doctoring will be a cool job*

*OMG college will be so easy I like scored like a 4 on all my AP tests heheheheheh lololololol*

*pretends to be alpha know it all on pre allo*

*after the first week of college posts advice on WAMC and preallo*

*proceeds to wonder why sophomores juniors and seniors think he's annoying*

*fails his first rounds of tests and switches to nutrition*

*comes crying to SDN pre allo because his future is ruined*

And judging by the crop thats in hSDN, I'd say we have a ****storm of really annoying whiny kids coming to pre allo in the next few months

Sitting in a pre-health mass-meeting. I'm hearing the exact same stuff that I hear on sdn. This is a huge waste of time.

bump for the new comers

:flame: Just wanted to leave this here.

But really though, good luck everyone and I hope we all come out okay! :love: I'm assuming that the majority of us are neurotic since we are posting on this thread... this forum, even.

wooooooooooooo :laugh: :luck: :xf:

Hooray! Btw, was that you in your older avatar? I loved how the heart was like one from a keyboard. :thumbup:

Hmmm...Let me think about my past avatars.

1. I had a sexy nurse
2. Distracting hand puppets
3. Animated gif stick figure screwing "your mom."
4. A man beating a dead horse
5. An image of RWS (composer)
6. An image of Bart Simpson
7. A woman holding a sign of username

Nope. That was not me. That was my ex. :mad:

Hmmm...Let me think about my past avatars.

1. I had a sexy nurse
2. Distracting hand puppets
3. Animated gif stick figure screwing "your mom."
4. A man beating a dead horse
5. An image of RWS (composer)
6. An image of Bart Simpson
7. A woman holding a sign of username

Nope. That was not me. That was my ex. :mad:

Your ex? D:

Your ex? D:

Yeah. It was recent, hence the swift avatar change.

Before anyone combative tries to hijack the thread and comment on how it resembled a stock image, let me just say that it was. She considered herself a model and is a frequent collaborator with many businesses, including 123rf.

Yeah. It was recent, hence the swift avatar change.

Before anyone combative tries to hijack the thread and comment on how it resembled a stock image, let me just say that it was. She considered herself a model and is a frequent collaborator with many businesses, including 123rf.

Aw I'm sorry.
The new avatar is cuter anyway!!!

The typical freshman sdner:

*watches an episode of House, MD and joins SDN 5 minutes later thinking doctoring will be a cool job*

*OMG college will be so easy I like scored like a 4 on all my AP tests heheheheheh lololololol*

*pretends to be alpha know it all on pre allo*

*after the first week of college posts advice on WAMC and preallo*

*proceeds to wonder why sophomores juniors and seniors think he's annoying*

*fails his first rounds of tests and switches to nutrition*

*comes crying to SDN pre allo because his future is ruined*

And judging by the crop thats in hSDN, I'd say we have a ****storm of really annoying whiny kids coming to pre allo in the next few months

This is why so many premeds get wiped out by the weedouts. Their ideal sense of superiority ensures their elimination.

Says the med student. Haha.

He didn't understand my point in the first place, so I think his pedestal is a little lower than he thinks.

Nice to see someone who just started college seriously debating with two medical students.

College is always a shock to high school students, I don't care how prepared they think they are. The AP crap you take in high school may count for college credit sometimes, but does not come even close to an actual college course. A lot of students think that they can sit around not studying and still do as well and even go to med school. I strongly believe that anyone who says college is easy is not getting anything out of it. If you seriously want to go to medical school and have enough free time to say that it's a piece of cake, you need to either bump up your course load or do more extracurricular activities. I dunno about anyone else, but I wouldn't want the kid who only did the bare minimum to be my doctor. Thankfully, that most likely wouldn't happen anyway.

College is always a shock to high school students, I don't care how prepared they think they are. The AP crap you take in high school may count for college credit sometimes, but does not come even close to an actual college course. A lot of students think that they can sit around not studying and still do as well and even go to med school. I strongly believe that anyone who says college is easy is not getting anything out of it. If you seriously want to go to medical school and have enough free time to say that it's a piece of cake, you need to either bump up your course load or do more extracurricular activities. I dunno about anyone else, but I wouldn't want the kid who only did the bare minimum to be my doctor. Thankfully, that most likely wouldn't happen anyway.

Ehh I can vouch for the whole "college is easy" ordeal. I failed freaking high school algebra. I was a typical high school student chasing the girls, trying to figure out what to wear, wrestled throughout high school to boost my ego blah blah the typical high school student.

After my sophomore year I found out about the dual credit program at my local community college. At this point I knew what I was capable of despite my grades. I was so aggravated and annoyed by the high school environment mainly because I felt like I matured more quickly rather than saying I'm "smarter" per se by taking AP courses. I actually took one and failed that crap out of it.

After I left high school for my junior year I enrolled FULL-TIME at my local community college. Finished my associates in a year with a 4.0 gpa. It was probably the easiest thing I've done in my life, and I will say community college in general is easy. (Depends on the professor)

I transferred to my local university. Average around 18-20+ credits doing very well (graduating Spring 2013). At this point I wouldn't say it's easy or hard. I'm a full-time student, you learn how to manage time, you know what you are capable of in terms of retaining information and when to study etc. All in all I'm graduating in 3 years rather than 4. I will say college in general is a joke. The last two years of high school is honestly a waste. I'm glad I left that environment. Now i'm ready to leave the college scene, it's very tedious work. The same crap over and over, don't get me wrong I enjoy my classes etc, but the whole numbers game and scores really pisses me off to a certain extent, but I don't mind playing along if It depends on my future.

All these kids thinking you took AP classes and how it's going to be easy. It has nothing to do with it being based solely on difficulty. Most of it comes from responsibility, course load, and time management. Don't think you guys are some hot shot because you were in high school, but I'm pretty sure you guys will do well. Most of the people who are frequent on SDN are ahead of the game already compared to the idiot premeds in school.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Decided to apply a year later. I guess I'm class of 2020 now!

You guys should give us updates; I wanna know who is going to drop pre-med to drink, start a meth lab, get preggers, switch to finance, etc.

Every day in this hellhole of medical school I think to myself:

3rwavk.jpg

Who else is finishing up their first semester of college? Got about 3 weeks left, looking at a 4.0 so far. Glad I found this thread so i can get a head start on my neuroticism

Who else is finishing up their first semester of college? Got about 3 weeks left, looking at a 4.0 so far. Glad I found this thread so i can get a head start on my neuroticism

tumblr_lu9q5uvBrV1qgc0xh.gif

Even Rachel Berry thinks you need a life.

You guys are all crazy for making this class thread already. Go outside and play!

2020 is my year because it's going to take me two extra years to graduate and apply. I'm technically in my third year :p

You guys are all crazy for making this class thread already. Go outside and play!

2020 is my year because it's going to take me two extra years to graduate and apply. I'm technically in my third year :p

Noooooooo, don't leave the '19ers!

I guess I belong in this thread.

4.0 last semester of chem + lab, calc I, health, politics, and American history.

This coming semester I'll be taking chem II + lab, bio I + lab, calc II, English I, and martial arts.

I think I'll be applying to UNC chapel hill for next year. Anyone go there?

I guess I belong in this thread.

4.0 last semester of chem + lab, calc I, health, politics, and American history.

This coming semester I'll be taking chem II + lab, bio I + lab, calc II, English I, and martial arts.

I think I'll be applying to UNC chapel hill for next year. Anyone go there?

Well done on your first semester.

What's your major as you don't see many pre-meds move on to calc ll?