Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why you need to get an annual rate job, and why paid days off make the world go round :D
Or jobs like mine, where I can schedule myself for whenever I want and I don't have to work every day of the week anyway!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why you need to get an annual rate job, and why paid days off make the world go round :D
I'm salaried and have both paid and unpaid days off. But I wrote that with the knowledge that most people, especially premeds (who are not the most desirable employees out of college) are not in such positions. Also in the nonprofit world I kick around in, paid days are grimy. I would most likely eat into my unpaid days during this cycle..

I'm salaried and have both paid and unpaid days off. But I wrote that with the knowledge that most people, especially premeds (who are not the most desirable employees out of college) are not in such positions. Also in the nonprofit world I kick around in, paid days are grimy. I would most likely eat into my unpaid days during this cycle..
How many days are you getting? You're going to use all your paid vacays for the entire year? That blows.

Unless I'm fortunate enough to get an unreal proportion of II's thankfully I'll be compensated for my roadtrippin' :D

"He who knows himself is enlightened"
Oh trust me, I do. I have my moments, but to stamp me as one of the most hostile is quite ridiculous, given the cast of characters that have come and gone in just the short month I've been here. God knows how many prior ones there were..

Reactions: 1 user
How many days are you getting? You're going to use all your paid vacays for the entire year? That blows.

Unless I'm fortunate enough to get an unreal proportion of II's thankfully I'll be compensated for my roadtrippin' :D
We get enough for regular purposes but I already have vacation plans for the year.
It's mostly a problem because I'm going to use my interviews as a chance to see parts of the US that I haven't been to before, so I want like at least 2-3 days at every site if I can afford to. I'll just be doing a lot of makeup work haha

Oh trust me, I do. I have my moments, but to stamp me as one of the most hostile is quite ridiculous, given the cast of characters that have come and gone in just the short month I've been here. God knows how many prior ones there were..
Nobody really counts the transient trolls as posters except during times when they have the misfortune to be actively involved in a discussion with one.

Reactions: 3 users
We get enough for regular purposes but I already have vacation plans for the year.
It's mostly a problem because I'm going to use my interviews as a chance to see parts of the US that I haven't been to before, so I want like at least 2-3 days at every site if I can afford to. I'll just be doing a lot of makeup work haha
I want to do this SO BAD. I only get 14 days off per year, sick and vacation, so it's totally not doable :( Also I have no backup at work and my boss is... Not supportive, one could say.

I want to do this SO BAD. I only get 14 days off per year, sick and vacation, so it's totally not doable :( Also I have no backup at work and my boss is... Not supportive, one could say.
Oh God.

You have my deepest sympathies. Can't wait to tell that boss to **** off once you get accepted, eh? :p

I don't work, don't have class monday or friday, and don't have exams this semester. The interview season is gonna be rough. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
How'd you manage that!

I talked to professors today and everyone was very understanding :)

Front heavy scheduling for the first three years, all paper and attendance based classes, and upper level MCDB courses are surprisingly easy and fun once you get past the core requirements. Also I don't start school until September 8th :D

Front heavy scheduling for the first three years, all paper and attendance based classes, and upper level MCDB courses are surprisingly easy and fun once you get past the core requirements. Also I don't start school until September 8th :D
Niceee
Agreed- advanced classes are so much more interesting!

On the not so nice side, I'm extremely hungover and in lab, and all of my co workers are making fun of me. :hungover:

I don't work, don't have class monday or friday, and don't have exams this semester. The interview season is gonna be rough. :p
Why not just graduate and save some $ for med school? Like the party scene too much? :D

Why not just graduate and save some $ for med school? Like the party scene too much? :D
Unfortunately I still need a couple classes to graduate, most notably Spanish 4. I haven't taken Spanish since junior year of high school :dead:

So would you say you are always about in the same mood as that Growlithe in your avatar?

First rejection of the cycle! :(
Eh, Mayo was always a very very long shot with my gpa

I had a roommate who actually threw a rager in my apartment two days before the MCAT and I got all of 3 hours of sleep in 30 minute increments. I almost snapped :whistle:

I slept 1 hour the night before my MCAT because of extreme anxiety. I still wonder if I would have done better if I had slept a full 8 hours.

I slept 1 hour the night before my MCAT because of extreme anxiety. I still wonder if I would have done better if I had slept a full 8 hours.
Same here, it was terrible. I even got in the habit of going to bed earlier than usual for ~3 weeks prior to the test. Then I ended up laying in bed all night, looking at the ceiling.

Same here, it was terrible. I even got in the habit of going to bed earlier than usual for ~3 weeks prior to the test. Then I ended up laying in bed all night, looking at the ceiling.

Yep, and then the night before your MCAT, the hard earned sleep rhythm comes crashing down.

I slept 1 Hour before my MCAT. I marvel at this fact. Unbelievable really.

Sooo completely random, but why is it that the people who start these Class of XXXX threads always seem to get banned? :thinking:

Yep, and then the night before your MCAT, the hard earned sleep rhythm comes crashing down.

I slept 1 Hour before my MCAT. I marvel at this fact. Unbelievable really.
Yeah I think I rested for maybe three hours and probably really slept for one. The night before the SAT I didn't sleep at all :/

Wait what?
I'm undergrad class of 2020
we haven't graduated high school yet
highschool class of 2016

Yeah I think I rested for maybe three hours and probably really slept for one. The night before the SAT I didn't sleep at all :/
I forgot I even signed up for the SAT, so that helped. The MCAT I was ready for, and had an afternoon one, so I could sleep in.

Wait what?
highschool class of 2016

on this subject
where can I go with a 1940 SAT (2 trys), 27 ACT (1 try)
a 4.3 weighted cum gpa
an associates of arts
200+ volunteer hours
and a club officer of two honor societies

i know this is for hSDN but this thread got me thinking a bit

Wait what?
highschool class of 2016

This thread is for med school class of 2020, so undergrad class of 2016 if you're applying straight out of college.

on this subject
where can I go with a 1940 SAT (2 trys), 27 ACT (1 try)
a 4.3 weighted cum gpa
an associates of arts
200+ volunteer hours
and a club officer of two honor societies

i know this is for hSDN but this thread got me thinking a bit

You know this already, but this thread is not the place for you to ask about your chances for undergrad.

Last year of undergrad is underway! Here's hoping for more secondaries and interview invites while I wait by taking courses

I forgot I even signed up for the SAT, so that helped. The MCAT I was ready for, and had an afternoon one, so I could sleep in.

Yeah, I also really didn't stress about the SAT. I mean with unlimited tries, there's not the same do or die mentality. I think I got like 4-6 hours before the MCAT, which while not spectacular, was enough.

It was my first suit buying experience. The excessive tape measuring was slightly uncomfortable... But hey it fits.
Bruh how'd you make it through college without a suit doe
Or do you mean you bought off the rack before and this was your first tailored experience?

Or do you mean you bought off the rack before and this was your first tailored experience?
I work in a lab, we all look like we live in caves and haven't seen light for years. The most I've had to ever dress up in college was for some date party I was invited to, and I wore khakis a black shirt and a tie, and tennis shoes.

So yeah, first suit ever.

Reactions: 3 users
Was it just me, or do most women have trouble finding the right suit? Just bought another one last week, and really only because somehow it actually fit properly, both jacket and pants.

Reactions: 1 users

I'd say a good 70-80% of people at my undergrad (California) went through all four years without a suit (the only ones who got them were for interviews).

Was it just me, or do most women have trouble finding the right suit? Just bought another one last week, and really only because somehow it actually fit properly, both jacket and pants.

I'm a dude and had to tailor pretty much every suit I've ever owned (maybe 3 total now).

I work in a lab, we all look like we live in caves and haven't seen light for years. The most I've had to ever dress up in college was for some date party I was invited to, and I wore khakis a black shirt and a tie, and tennis shoes.
So yeah, first suit ever.
I'd say a good 70-80% of people at my undergrad (California) went through all four years without a suit (the only ones who got them were for interviews).
Damn, that is very surprising. Almost everyone in college had a suit. Presentations, conferences, summer internships, career fairs, networking sessions, then of course we had the douches who had to strut their stuff around most days all dressed up

For all of those minus the career fairs, most wore just a button down and khakis. It's pretty casual here haha.. in socal at least.

Honestly though, I'm exaggerating a little with the 70-80% (I'm sure a lot of people had something.. funeral attire at the least, they just never wore them you know?)

For all of those minus the career fairs, most wore just a button down and khakis. It's pretty casual here haha.. in socal at least.

Honestly though, I'm exaggerating a little with the 70-80% (I'm sure a lot of people had something.. funeral attire at the least, they just never wore them you know?)
Yah the Northeast is definitely more elitist with its dress code

Yah the Northeast is definitely more elitist with its dress code
I was in the Northeast and nobody wore suits to any of the events you described. There's definitely some institution-specific expectations on that front.

Damn, that is very surprising. Almost everyone in college had a suit. Presentations, conferences, summer internships, career fairs, networking sessions, then of course we had the douches who had to strut their stuff around most days all dressed up
Every single person in our business school has a suit, its major specific here.