Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, definitely didn't wear a suit for the vast majority of undergrad. (N=1 supporting the california standards.) I would say the real difference was that in my school we would often call our professors by their first name, which I gather is not all that common on the east coast.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, definitely didn't wear a suit for the vast majority of undergrad. (N=1 supporting the california standards.) I would say the real difference was that in my school we would often call our professors by their first name, which I gather is not all that common on the east coast.
Yeah, even when I had profs whose kids I knew and who invited me to their house for Thanksgiving, they were still "professor"

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread will blow up in a week. ;) I'M SO EXCITED FOR US TO EVOLVE

Reactions: 7 users
This thread will blow up in a week. ;) I'M SO EXCITED FOR US TO EVOLVE
Hahaha here I am still trying to piece together a suit :eggface:
Good luck!!! I'll be pressing A for y'all

Reactions: 1 user
That was... fun. I think I did alright, although I did accidentally make a joke about neuroscience majors in one of my interviews. At the end of it she told me her research was in neuroscience.

Reactions: 3 users
Oh man. What was the joke?
To preface this, Neuroscience at Ann Arbor is considered the "easy" pre med major. I was talking to my interviewer about my research, and explaining what C. elegans were because I'm used to doing so, (plus my last interviewer didn't know). She told me she knew what they were, and I nervously made an offhand remark about how I had to explain it a lot to my neuroscience major friends... whoops.

What? At my school, NS was one of the harder/hardest science majors. We had some very, very intelligent kids yet very few of them were able to graduate summa, or even magna. The psychology kids on the other hand...

Marking this spot to come back and write "Accepted" on Oct. 15!

Members don't see this ad :)
What? At my school, NS was one of the harder/hardest science majors. We had some very, very intelligent kids yet very few of them were able to graduate summa, or even magna. The psychology kids on the other hand...

Yeah, it's weird. Apparently a lot of interviewers have the same view of NS. It's so common here though, and pre meds that did really well in their pre reqs will take it since most of the core classes don't count for Sci. GPA.

Marking this spot to come back and write "Accepted" on Oct. 15!

Good luck!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

To preface this, Neuroscience at Ann Arbor is considered the "easy" pre med major. I was talking to my interviewer about my research, and explaining what C. elegans were because I'm used to doing so, (plus my last interviewer didn't know). She told me she knew what they were, and I nervously made an offhand remark about how I had to explain it a lot to my neuroscience major friends... whoops.
I assumed NS was a tougher major, too, but I guess it would vary from one school to another. And your comment didn't seem too horrible. I'm sure it'll be fine.

I assumed NS was a tougher major, too, but I guess it would vary from one school to another. And your comment didn't seem too horrible. I'm sure it'll be fine.
Yeah, the med students I talked to afterwards told me not to worry, but I still felt embarrassed haha.

Officially "joining" this thread! Congratulations on everyone who has received good news thus far! WE'RE GOING TO BE DOCTORS.

Reactions: 11 users
I am actually official now too haha ayee we in here. ^_^

Reactions: 4 users
Also joining this thread. Congratulations everyone, we made it!

Reactions: 3 users
Also joining this thread. Congratulations everyone, we made it!
Aww, you didn't have to wait until an acceptance to join...most of us have been in this thread since before we sent our apps out! That being said, congratulations!

Congrats to all the future ophthalmologists in this thread ... you'll be graduating in 2020 :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 users
Officially joining this thread :)

Congratulations all! Rejoining this thread after a long hiatus :)

How are you guys spending the rest of your time? I think we have about 9 months. I wanted to start a MS-0 bucket list lol

Bought my suit for interviews. That was an experience.
Just finished making my suit. Have been wearing a suit I made 2 years ago. Forgot how much work tailoring is for collars and sleeves.
Working on my surgical knots too!! So happy to be part of the Class of 2020, even though I'm not sure where I'll be going yet.

How are you guys spending the rest of your time? I think we have about 9 months. I wanted to start a MS-0 bucket list lol
If I don't get my vacation request for Christmas, QUIT MY JOB!! Go to Florida, and stay there until the snow is gone!! Otherwise, work work work, save save save. This whole application process is a big drain on the bank account.

If I don't get my vacation request for Christmas, QUIT MY JOB!! Go to Florida, and stay there until the snow is gone!! Otherwise, work work work, save save save. This whole application process is a big drain on the bank account.

I don't know, it can get pretty cold down here. Dealing with 60 degree weather ain't easy. :cold:

So far I'm thinking Vegas for spring break. I want to do a road trip with friends too. I want to read 1-2 books a month of things I've wished I could through undergrad. Amusement/ water parks like 2 times this summer. Go to a national college football championship. Perfect my study habits. Most of these things require money though so a lot of it may be wishful thinking :p

Joining this thread! SO happy :D
Congrats!!!
image.jpeg

So, sorry for being inactive for some time, getting new jobs (so much science...) and having intense school work can do that to a person. But basically...
I've had one acceptance so far!!! Yay!!! And I am currently being slammed with other secondaries and interviews at the moment as well :soexcited:

I feel you! I have to wait until pay day to submit some of the information due to the lack of funds. It is a drain, but it is also so much worth it! And I'd also like to stay in florida until the snow is gone; in the winter, I am much like that child from A Christmas Story who can't move his arms because I layer up so much

Attachments

• I-cant-move.jpg
    I-cant-move.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 41
Joining this thread today! Yay for Texas prematches!

For the longest time I thought this three was for undergrad class of 2020 lol, realizing it is for med school I'm happy to say I can join :)

Looking at everyone's MDApps in this thread, and there are so many 40+ 3.8+ entrepreneurial, athletic, creative, motivated people! Really cool reads, hope to cross paths with you all someday. And congratulations

Reactions: 2 users
After a long, arduous road, I can finally post here. Congrats to everyone! We made it.

In case you want to rock out, reflect on your pre-med experience while listening to this (this is honestly how I view pre-med):

Wutt didn't know about this thread. Happy to join you guys! Any other college senior looking forward to senioritis next semester? :D

Joining as well. I still find myself laughing like a crazy person when I think about starting next year. Gotta remember to be thankful to those who helped along the way because in the immortal words of Jalby:

Teamwork makes the dream work!!! :highfive:

Wutt didn't know about this thread. Happy to join you guys! Any other college senior looking forward to senioritis next semester? :D

Already feeling the senioritis and finals are still coming up...