Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Already feeling the senioritis and finals are still coming up...
Haha. yeah but its Thanksgiving break rn so chill :p I calculated all the grades I need to scrape by with a 3.5 so that no one rescinds no offer of acceptance lol. Next semester I'm taking 13 credits and pretty excited for it. Drink all the alcohols.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys got room for one more? :D

Reactions: 3 users
@Jalby any words of wisdom for the class of 2020?
It's high school again but you are of the age of consent and there is liquor. You will have the same cliques, etc, etc. Plan accordingly.

Reactions: 5 users
Joining the thread finally! I'll be working full time, maybe picking up another part time job and volunteering for the long 8 months to come. Crossing my fingers for a handsome financial aid package.

So so so happy to hear everyone's positivity and joy!!! I'm not on the forums much these days due to being busy with applications and interviews along with school and work.
Senioritis has hit me pretty hard in the face, but I keep on keeping on...
...I just don't want to write two research papers this week...

Anyone know if there's like a thank you letter or something to send after being accepted?

Most people send thank-you notes after the interview. Sending another after the acceptance seems excessive.

Boy, are my stress levels down after getting the acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
Month late finding this as well. In. Damn it's been a good month.

Members don't see this ad :)
feels so good to finally join one of these threads after a failed application cycle last year.

Someone please save me from my senioritis this finals week...

Reactions: 1 users
I went out and got wasted last night...my finals begin in 4 days..what am I doing with my life lol. There's also a party tonight..ahhh. How do I say no hahah

Reactions: 3 users
I went out and got wasted last night...my finals begin in 4 days..what am I doing with my life lol. There's also a party tonight..ahhh. How do I say no hahah
Yeah I've been invited out about 3 times this week... and I have accepted these invites each time haha

We have like little less than 2 weeks left. We will get through this! Probably not with all A(s)/A+(s) but Bs and Cs are fair game now :p

Guess I get to join all of you on this bandwagon, wahoo! (3 weeks late, forgive me)

I actually have a lot of work left this semester (grad school, not undergrad), but next semester should be a vacation compared to this one.

When I got asked what's the first thing I was going to do once I got into med school, I said GO TO DISNEYWORLD, but I'm actually going in January during the winter break with my parents :D funny how things work out.

Can't wait to meet ya'll some day in the (probably not so near) future! :clap:

tumblr_inline_nyfo1wc7MW1ro5idi_500.gif

Wow so stoked! Class of 2020 I love the sound of that :)

My internship is ending if a few weeks and I'm taking time off before fall... First open expanse of time since I can't even remember!

Finally finally finally get to join in! Couldn't be happier!

All this excitment from c/o 2020 is great and all but...I STILL HAVE NOBODY TO LIFT WITH. :rage: Where are my medical gym bros?? :oops:

Howdy all! Can't wait for many more to join this happy dance thread! :banana::zip::clap::biglove:

lol why did people think they had to be accepted before they could join the thread? Nevertheless, welcome.

lol why did people think they had to be accepted before they could join the thread? Nevertheless, welcome.

I guess because otherwise we would've had to join class threads for 2020, 21, 22, 23.... This whole process is unpredictable! :shrug:

How many of you guys took a gap year this year? I feel like my brain is mush from doing mindless tasks since mid-May and am worried about the lag period before I get back into my swing of actually learning things.

Maybe I'm just being neurotic.

How many of you guys took a gap year this year? I feel like my brain is mush from doing mindless tasks since mid-May and am worried about the lag period before I get back into my swing of actually learning things.

Currently on my gap year! It makes me a bit more excited to learn things again, haha.

Absolutely I agree 100%. I feel like the most I've learned is different ELISA techniques... Then I realize a lot of my other knowledge is slowly leaking out of my brain due to lack of use.

I took many... I am sure mine will be a sluggish start! But information is information... I will find some way to cram it in there and liberally use duct tape if necessary... Hopefully it only leaks out after Step 1!
By the way...what in the world is that thing!! :bag:

Yeah I'm getting tired of the monotony. Thinking I should pick up a new hobby.

Yeah I'm getting tired of the monotony. Thinking I should pick up a new hobby.
I've been trying to learning Mandarin online haha (even though my family members speak Cantonese). Copying characters is strangely therapeutic.

It's been a few days since the first acceptance...still waiting for them to say "oops wrong person" #impostersyndrome

I'm also in a gap year. I genuinely feel like my brain is turning to mush. But I can't seem to get myself to do something about it. I keep telling myself that binge watching all the interesting shows on Netflix will help me because it will save me from getting distracted once school starts.

I'm also in a gap year. I genuinely feel like my brain is turning to mush. But I can't seem to get myself to do something about it. I keep telling myself that binge watching all the interesting shows on Netflix will help me because it will save me from getting distracted once school starts.
Not to be an enabler or anything..... But, Person of Interest is really good. A lot of sass, action, and plain ridiculousness. Great looking cast, too.

Damn I must be doing my gap years wrong...I've been working (at a job I love tho) pretty much full-time and trying to finish research on this paper I've been working on for like 2 years UGHHHH it will get published one day but until then it is the bane of my academic life

Also doing a lot of rec league stuff because ain't gonna have as much time in med school. Also trying to not slide into a boring daily routine with my gf who I live with. Also trying to not be a nerd who only reads journal articles on public transportation. #lyfe

Damn I must be doing my gap years wrong...I've been working (at a job I love tho) pretty much full-time and trying to finish research on this paper I've been working on for like 2 years UGHHHH it will get published one day but until then it is the bane of my academic life

Also doing a lot of rec league stuff because ain't gonna have as much time in med school. Also trying to not slide into a boring daily routine with my gf who I live with. Also trying to not be a nerd who only reads journal articles on public transportation. #lyfe

Ew, productivity. Whaddya wanna be successful or something?

My boss and I have repeatedly tried to get research published / get more studies done for publishing...but our VP ignores us and uses budget as an excuse. (Our VP is absolutely inexperienced in the physiological/biochemical/chemical world. No freaking clue.)
So yeah, we twiddle our thumbs and waste away most days.

My boss and I have repeatedly tried to get research published / get more studies done for publishing...but our VP ignores us and uses budget as an excuse. (Our VP is absolutely inexperienced in the physiological/biochemical/chemical world. No freaking clue.)
So yeah, we twiddle our thumbs and waste away most days.
That's dumb...not the life for me ugh. The privilege of non-science non-clinical research is too intoxicating to give up heh heh