Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
109 today. bleh

Members don't see this ad.

What's up class of 2020! didn't realize we had a thread already :thumbup:

Just finished up sophomore year, planning on taking a gap year but looking to go into a 3 year MD program, so I guess I'm still c/o 2020 :D

I live in the Northeast... Without air conditioning :( We moved up from the south so we thought the north wouldn't get too hot in the summer, therefore we didn't install air conditioning in our house when we first moved in :/
Lmao it's not as hot but the humidity is the problem lololololol

Members don't see this ad :)
What's up class of 2020! didn't realize we had a thread already :thumbup:

Just finished up sophomore year, planning on taking a gap year but looking to go into a 3 year MD program, so I guess I'm still c/o 2020 :D
Which ones you talking about? You can count on getting into those so easily?

The typical freshman sdner:

*watches an episode of House, MD and joins SDN 5 minutes later thinking doctoring will be a cool job*

*OMG college will be so easy I like scored like a 4 on all my AP tests heheheheheh lololololol*

*pretends to be alpha know it all on pre allo*

*after the first week of college posts advice on WAMC and preallo*

*proceeds to wonder why sophomores juniors and seniors think he's annoying*

*fails his first rounds of tests and switches to nutrition*

*comes crying to SDN pre allo because his future is ruined*

And judging by the crop thats in hSDN, I'd say we have a ****storm of really annoying whiny kids coming to pre allo in the next few months
I can confirm , I was premed tears

Which ones you talking about? You can count on getting into those so easily?

No no, I'm not a head case haha. Top choice would be a 3 year program in my town which is looking for students who want to stay and practice FM in the my underserved area, which is me all the way.

I'm in this thread too because the c/o 2021 thread is a joke right now. I'd like to talk med school and stuff with people who know wtf is going on

Haha he's the perfect mix of badass and cuteness, one minute he's an adorable pink ball, next minute he's setting fire to everything in his path or slashing things down with a sword :D

Haha I'm looking for Kirby 64 on eBay but people keep outbidding me :( Apparently Nintendo released an amazing Kirby collection for the Wii on Kirby's 25th anniversary, but I don't like the Wii controllers much :/

Haha he's the perfect mix of badass and cuteness, one minute he's an adorable pink ball, next minute he's setting fire to everything in his path or slashing things down with a sword :D
Or he just eats you..

Haha I'm looking for Kirby 64 on eBay but people keep outbidding me :( Apparently Nintendo released an amazing Kirby collection for the Wii on Kirby's 25th anniversary, but I don't like the Wii controllers much :/

Yea same here, the Wii is okay, I'd definitely go with the classics like SNES, N64 or Gamecube. Never played Kirby 64 though, am I missing out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone taking the January 8th, 2015 MCAT? I didn't even know we had a class thread!

I'm doing Jan 10, 2015. Already registered. I'm kind of curious as to how early it will fill due to the changing MCAT?

Last edited:
I'm doing Jan 10, 2015. Already registered. I'm kind of curious as to how early it will fill. Will it be just the SDNers registering (for Jan) since a lot of premeds are clueless as to the changing MCAT?

I don't think a lot of premeds are clueless to the changing MCAT — I have at least two friends who are studying this summer to take it early.

Revised my post. The closer it gets, the less true it was.

So I heard from a friend that a different friend just took the (soon to be old) MCAT and is now already studying for the new MCAT. He has no idea how he did on the first test yet, and he's already signed up and studying for the new MCAT. :eek:

Neither my friend or I can think of any reason for doing this, is there some benefit to having an old and new MCAT score or something? Or maybe he thought he bombed the first one and is already studying for a retake? We're both very confused

So I heard from a friend that a different friend just took the (soon to be old) MCAT and is now already studying for the new MCAT. He has no idea how he did on the first test yet, and he's already signed up and studying for the new MCAT. :eek:

Neither my friend or I can think of any reason for doing this, is there some benefit to having an old and new MCAT score or something? Or maybe he thought he bombed the first one and is already studying for a retake? We're both very confused
He is a neurotic. Some premeds are neurotic and like to keep all their bases covered. Think no further.

He is a neurotic. Some premeds are neurotic and like to keep all their bases covered. Think no further.

Yea it's strange, the guy's smart so I would've guessed he researched and knew what he was doing. Must have gotten some crappy advice from an advisor or something

Yea it's strange, the guy's smart so I would've guessed he researched and knew what he was doing. Must have gotten some crappy advice from an advisor or something
It's not entirely ridiculous to keep the test taking skills up if he's shaky about his first MCAT take. Even reading the social sciences stuff for kicks would give pretty good returns for things outside of the MCAT, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

I haven't been here in a while, but hey people!

I've recently acquired a fascination with forensics and I'm most likely going to transfer to a college to be close to my dad who wants to move, because he's pretty sick. :(

So I'm not sure if I'll be able to crank it out in two years, but if I can still graduate on time, then I will be c/o 2020! :D

Haven't taken the MCAT yet... I'm working as a cake decorator at a grocery store for some money, but they've been screwing me out of a lot of hours. x.x

How about you guys?

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't been here in a while, but hey people!

I've recently acquired a fascination with forensics and I'm most likely going to transfer to a college to be close to my dad who wants to move, because he's pretty sick. :(

So I'm not sure if I'll be able to crank it out in two years, but if I can still graduate on time, then I will be c/o 2020! :D

Haven't taken the MCAT yet... I'm working as a cake decorator at a grocery store for some money, but they've been screwing me out of a lot of hours. x.x

How about you guys?
Hey, best wishes to you and your dad :( what kind of forensics are you interested in?
Haven't taken the MCAT yet either. Will be testing on Wednesday but I'm pretty positive I have to retake. Life got in the way the past few weeks :/
When do you think you'll take it?

Either late December '14 or in the summer of '15, assuming that I may need an extra year to switch programs.

I have a love for forensic pathology, hence why I'm still behaving like I'm going to medical school. But ballistics and forensic psychology is also really interesting. :D

Thanks for the well wishes! His heart is in terrible shape; he has a defibrillator/pacemaker because his left ventricle is essentially doing squat.

It's been a while. Taking the MCAT on the 24th. It's hard to believe I'm already here. It felt so far away when I first joined sdn.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll just check in here just because I see all of these "Class of 20**!!!!!" threads on the front page. I'm really hoping for 2020, it has a certain ring to it :laugh:. I'm about to be a senior so I'll be taking a gap year. August 7th MCAT date.

Just created a groupme for us 2020 hopefuls. DM me for invite if you want to share stories

I'll just check in here just because I see all of these "Class of 20**!!!!!" threads on the front page. I'm really hoping for 2020, it has a certain ring to it :laugh:. I'm about to be a senior so I'll be taking a gap year. August 7th MCAT date.

I'm also a rising senior planning to take a gap year, my date is August 15th!

Reactions: 1 users
what's up fellow 2020ers? how many of you are taking the new MCAT?

what's up fellow 2020ers? how many of you are taking the new MCAT?

Thinking about doing both old and new. Depends on how prepared I am for the old one.
Never taking summer classes again.

When does the new one come out? Most likely taking the new

New one should start in March or May of 2015. January 2014 is definitely still the old one.

New one should start in March or May of 2015. January 2014 is definitely still the old one.

hawkward.jpg

Thaaaaaaaaaaaat's me! Been sticking with the 2019 thread but figured it's time to move here. Will be in DC working at a think tank on economic policy!

No! Don't leave us! :cryi:

How are we going to be able to study for an exam no one has taken before, is there going to be a concept outline and AAMC practice tests and stuff?

Taking the MCAT next month for the first time. Still not 100% sure that I won't be taking a gap year, but as of right now I hope to be a part of the class of 2020!

There's nothing better than a post-MCAT celebration to get the ol' liver back in action!

Im definitely taking the old MCAT, January 2015. Lets just hope I do well otherwise I will have to retake with the new one. ):

Im definitely taking the old MCAT, January 2015. Lets just hope I do well otherwise I will have to retake with the new one. ):

So weird to think that this time next year the MCAT as we know it will be no more.

Yes its especially horrible for our class of 2016 because we will be some of the first to take it and we will also be comparing old scores vs new during our cycle. also i believe some of the new requirements take effect for our class. :/

Hello, it's nice to see people on here. :D

I'm not sure when to take the MCAT; I think we'd get some slack cut for us since it is the first year that the new MCAT would be implemented.

I need physics this year, then Orgo II, and I'm ready to rumble! :)

My schedule this semester is ridiculous I don't even know how its going to work lol. I only need orgo before the MCAT though I will only have 1 semester done so I will have to teach myself a bit of that.

Yes its especially horrible for our class of 2016 because we will be some of the first to take it and we will also be comparing old scores vs new during our cycle. also i believe some of the new requirements take effect for our class. :/
I honestly can't tell whether the MCAT change will be a good or bad thing for either old or new MCATers, but yeah, quite a few schools have changed requirements already for the psych/soc regardless... I've been stressing a little about those since i'm a '15er :(

That's such crap that they're already changing requirements. x|