*~*~* Official Class of 2022 Thread!! *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lawpy

42% Full Member
7+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Reaction score
So I realize this is super early (sorry mods, but just continuing the annual tradition) since trad applicants just graduated from high school and will be rising "freshmen" (or sophomores/upper levels taking few gap years). But this class thread is specifically unique to the 2015 MCAT takers.

2020 thread --> mostly old MCAT takers
2021 thread --> 50-50
2022 thread --> mostly 2015 MCAT takers

So basically, this thread will be populated with 2015 MCAT stress (way too early, but I anticipate that's the case), and thus, specifically distinct from the other class threads in its unique ways.

Anyways, I'll stop talking and best wishes to the 2022ers (though I figure this thread will be active few years but might as well start early)

(Mods, please forgive this)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yay! So glad this thread is made... Only 4 more years to go until med school :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't waiiiiiit

So, are you in high school? :D I'll be a junior next year but I want to take two gap years, I just don't feel ready to apply right away.

Unfortunately, I won't be applying with you guys since I will most likely be in (or done) with med school by that time :( Though, I probably can reside here in the future to help you guys out with any app/MCAT/related stuff. I learn a lot from SDN so far and will pay it forward by helping you guys out.

Gap years are always the best which is why I'm sure this thread will be populated with more upperclassmen and nontrads than trads.

I guess gone are the days when these threads are created by people who actually plan to be in that class :p:p

Reactions: 8 users
I guess gone are the days when these threads are created by people who actually plan to be in that class :p:p

:oops: I just got envious of that bumped 2021 thread :shy: (small confession)

though i'll hopefully still be around to help with the application season since by that time, things will be... quite different.

Reactions: 2 users
:oops: I just got envious of that bumped 2021 thread :shy: (small confession)

though i'll hopefully still be around to help with the application season since by that time, things will be... quite different.

I just realized that by 2022 I'll be a fellow or attending....and that's too much to think about right now.

Reactions: 7 users
Despite not being the Class of 2022, you have more "!"s than any other Class thread. You're really excited for them, huh? :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think the Class of 2021 is 50-50 2015 MCAT considering most trad students are rising sophomores and will not have finished orgo by this coming January, not to mention Physics, Biochem, psych and possibly soc as well.

I don't think the Class of 2021 is 50-50 2015 MCAT considering most trad students are rising sophomores and will not have finished orgo by this coming January, not to mention Physics, Biochem, psych and possibly soc as well.

It seems in recent cycles, there's a shift towards "nontrads" (people taking at least a gap year). So people applying for Fall 2017 admissions will be a mix of old MCAT (from 2014-Jan 2015) and new MCAT. 50-50 is some arbitrary guess; it can be more new MCAT (likely) than anything.

By Fall 2018, the old MCAT will be extinct so this thread is essentially, first of its kind.

Maybe we should just make all of the class of 2023-2099 threads to just get them out of the way. Tradition right? (Mods please ignore)

Reactions: 4 users
Awesome. Upcoming sophomore (taking gap year). Let's go class of 2022!

I'm going to be doing 20 credits this fall semester. Nervous but excited for the challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. Upcoming sophomore (taking gap year). Let's go class of 2022!

I'm going to be doing 20 credits this fall semester. Nervous but excited for the challenge.

Make sure you'll have time to relax!

The best part is that we have summer vacation to relax...:cool:

Or are volunteering for a helluva lot of time per week....

I got a little break this summer. Though I work part time and I'm taking 9 credits. It's actually pretty easy.

Sadly I have no shadowing/volunteering hours yet. :(

End of my senior year. So I'll be applying to the 2017-2018 cycle.

Me too!
Well you still have a lot of time to do it!

Yeah I know I do. It just would have been better if I had 3 years of volunteering vs 2 years. If that makes any sense.

Neurotic premed alert. :p

I just finished with my summer classes and I'm officially done with Freshmen year!

Finished with a 4.0 GPA. Super stoked!

Good luck to all incoming Freshmen's! Hopefully you start off strong as well!

Reactions: 1 users
Happy to be here! Non trad here wishing everyone well wishes in your upcoming adventures

Classes start tomorrow for me. I'm excited for the challenge and ready! Is anyone starting tomorrow as well?

I actually start Wednesday. Aiming for a 4.0 this semester Taki get 16 credits.

Ahahahahahaaha you all have to take the new MCAT. Class of 2022? Doesn't that mean that you all are starting college this year?

Last edited:
Not a class of 2022 (hopefully)
but I'm mad that MCAT 2015 is still not a hot topic here on SDN, as it should be.

PS There's a strong history that indicates that people who start these threads end up getting banned :rolleyes::p

Just wanted to bump this thread and see how everyone is doing do far. As we all know the semester is already coming to an end! Bad news my GPA will not stay a perfect 4.0. It's sad to say but I will most likely end up with a 3.7 or 3.8.

Just wanted to bump this thread and see how everyone is doing do far. As we all know the semester is already coming to an end! Bad news my GPA will not stay a perfect 4.0. It's sad to say but I will most likely end up with a 3.7 or 3.8.

I really can't believe how fast the semester has gone
I think I'm going to be in the same boat with a 3.7 or 3.8 unless some miracle happens :oops:

Somehow I managed to shoot myself in the foot this semester. I was not focused, I didn't take classes seriously, and I also began to use old tactics from high school. Such as reading study guides right before the test without studying the previous nights, and not studying at all.

I took 6 classes this semester and overestimated most of them. I had a 4.00 this semester, now it will drop significantly. Out of the 6 classes, I so far found out I have 1 B and 2 C's.

I learned a valuable lesson this semester and that is to take ALL classes seriously because you never know what that class has in store.

Hey guys! Checking in here. :)

How did everyone's semester go?

Somehow I managed to shoot myself in the foot this semester. I was not focused, I didn't take classes seriously, and I also began to use old tactics from high school. Such as reading study guides right before the test without studying the previous nights, and not studying at all.

I took 6 classes this semester and overestimated most of them. I had a 4.00 this semester, now it will drop significantly. Out of the 6 classes, I so far found out I have 1 B and 2 C's.

I learned a valuable lesson this semester and that is to take ALL classes seriously because you never know what that class has in store.

Sorry to hear that. I am in a somewhat similar situation due to a terrible gen chem professor. I'm hoping I can bring it up this coming semester. :)

Last edited:
I got 4 A's and 1 B... unfortunately the B was in my 5 credit gen chem course so my GPA is a 3.6
I thought I would be devastated to get below a 3.8 my first semester, but I'm actually really okay with it. I learned a lot about what kind of studying works best for me and what happens if I slack off for a couple of weeks. Next semester I'll correct my mistakes and hopefully perform better in my classes.

I got 4 A's and 1 B... unfortunately the B was in my 5 credit gen chem course so my GPA is a 3.6
I thought I would be devastated to get below a 3.8 my first semester, but I'm actually really okay with it. I learned a lot about what kind of studying works best for me and what happens if I slack off for a couple of weeks. Next semester I'll correct my mistakes and hopefully perform better in my classes.

I'm a 2nd semester junior and I had a very similar thing happen to me. I had a 3.5 after my first semester of college, but learned from my mistakes and bounced back and have 4.0'd every semester since.

You're on the right track man, I think it's extremely important for people to reevaluate their study habits and study approach after each semester. Good luck!

I finished with 5 A+s.... 4.3 cGPA. Great start, new classes begin tomorrow