Classes at a Community College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

filipinoflan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken human anatomy at a community college and am on pace into taking human physiology at a community college again during the summer. I am a kinesiology major and these classes will transfer but just how much do podiatry schools frown upon taking science classes at a community college? I know these aren't necessarily prerequisite courses for podiatry school but they are still recommended.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see any problem with that. I took several summer classes at a community college.

thank you, how many and what kind of science classes have you taken at a community college?

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you, how many and what kind of science classes have you taken at a community college?

Took Orgo 2, Chem Labs, and Physics. I loved it because I only had 30 people in each class instead of 250 at the university.

I was a kinesiology major as well. I took both Organic 1 & 2 at a community college. Its no big deal.

They frown NOT AT ALL on community college classes.

All they do is SMILE at the money you'll be paying them.

Reactions: 1 user
Does Samuel Merritt accept jr college courses? I talked to some podiatry schools and they prefer or require university classes

I plan to do all of mine as an informal post bacc.

Finish my Economics degree early and then do all my pre reqs an some bio classes at the local CC to save money!

If you were on the admissions committee, would you prefer a student getting A's in a class of 300-400 (avg # of students in class at my university) or in a class of 20?