Classes for 2015 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avicenna

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning my curriculum until I take my MCAT after Summer 2015 (by which time I'll have just finished my second year of college).
By that time, these are the classes I've planned to take.

Bio I/II
Molecular Bio I/II
Orgo I/II
Chem I/II
Physics I/II
Psych
Sociology
Social Psych
Biochem I
Microbio

I had 4 questions:

1. Will these classes leave me sufficiently prepared for the MCAT (not including the studying I'll be doing in the summer)? Is it alright that I won't have taken genetics or physiology - 2 classes I understand can help MCAT scores?

2. Would it benefit me to take Physiology or Genetics (or both) in the summer semester - while I'm studying for the MCAT? I always planned to dedicate my entire summer break to study for the MCAT, uninterrupted by school or work, but I'd fit a class or two in if it would help my score. Or, alternatively, would it be better to swap out Microbiology or social psychology with Physiology/Genetics?

3. I'll have finished my second year of college by the Summer 2015. If I take the MCAT after that, and graduate within 4 years, will my MCAT scores still be valid by the time I'm applying?

4. Would it be better to take Biochem II or Molecular Biology II? Are both necessary

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: