Classes to take as a NON-science major??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KCH12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be a senior next year and I am a Psych major with a chem minor.

I have taken Bio 1 & 2, Chem 1 & 2, OChem 1 & 2, Physics 1 & 2, Human Physiology, Calc 1, and Biochemistry. (I have also taken all the necessary labs)

What science classes should I take as a senior? Technically I do not need to take any, I could just take the remainder of my gen eds and psych classes. However, I have a feeling dental schools would prefer that I continue to take at least one more science class.

So does anyone have any suggestions of courses? I attend a large public university that offers a good number of science classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Micro would be good since a few schools require it, and if you feel like being a superstar, A & P. Your best bet is to identify your target schools and speak with an admissions adviser/counselor and ask them for input.

IMO, you have already met the prereqs. Enjoy your time senior year and add activities which round you out - like ECAs and volunteerism. Hopefully you will be traveling to a few interviews in the fall, and lab courses and missing class generally don't mix too well. If you feel you want to take courses to better prepare you, do it in the spring so you won't miss as many classes and the mat'l be be more fresh in your mind.

Best of luck!

Take an anatomy class.

Members don't see this ad :)
(im in your exact situation cept with POLY sci)

maybe a intro to business class
genetics would be good
or maybe also like a sculpture class if you still need your art

Anatomy, Histology, Microbiology. It'll make your first year of dental school much less stressful.