cleaned up my act and it feels so good

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timothyiv

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
let me preface this with a little background. in freshman year, my grandparents divorced and my ex-girlfriend passed away. it took a toll out of my freshman year, which I expected to 4.0. I ended up with a 3.4 cgpa and a 2.8 sGPA. I thought med school for me was over and I was in no mental state to pick myself up.

stuff happened over the summer, I went to do a few things to recleanse my soul and mind..aka NOTHING RELATING TO SCHOOL. this included taking a trip by myself to the rocky mountains for a week and then volunteering at nursery camp.

sophomore year (this year), i came back with a newfound motivation. i powered through my midterms and everything was perfect going into finals week. finals week...not so good. However, I'm proud to say now that as grades come out, hard work pays off! I got a 4.0 with 6 classes, meaning my cGPA is a 3.6 and my sGPA is a 3.4.

this isn't a humble brag (maybe a little) but it is definitely more of a motivational anecdote. I was so bogged down the two days after my finals because I thought everything I had worked for the whole semester had gone to waste....but I learned this:

1. A good foundation is a good foundation. A student that's studied Organic consistently over the semester and slacked on finals studying will do better than a crammer.
2. Don't **** with finals week.

Anyways, good luck to everyone on finals week, and if you have a low GPA like me, don't worry. You'll get there!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Very inspiring! Yesterday was my last final. I'm trying to stay calm while waiting for grades to be posted. Thanks for sharing!! :)

Nice, keep it going lad!

Finished my final examinations, just have to turn in a paper. I'm gonna go out of town and I'll try not to check my grades until January.