Clinic at MOSDOH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charli1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone especially any 3rd year dental students at MOSDOH: How's the clinic at MOSDOH? Good and Bad? What's your clinical exposure like? Do you get to see a variety of different cases? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a current D3 at MOSDOH. The clinic is up and running. Because it's a new system, it has its hiccups but all in all the experience here is great. We see 2+ patients per day. Thursday mornings are used for board preps and treatment planning presentations. We have internal rotations here at the clinic and those include pediatrics, oral surgery, urgent care, & comprehensive exam rotations. 90% of our patients are graduate level prost and perio cases and we are treating them as D3's, which is a challenge but rewarding. Most are medically compromised, so we work closely with the pt's primary care physician. The faculty here is amazing. We do it all here including: endo (excluding 2nd molars and retreats), extractions (simple/surgical), operative, fixed prost, removable prost, perio (maintenance/surgery), implants, ortho, and pediatrics.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a current D3 at MOSDOH. The clinic is up and running. Because it's a new system, it has its hiccups but all in all the experience here is great. We see 2+ patients per day. Thursday mornings are used for board preps and treatment planning presentations. We have internal rotations here at the clinic and those include pediatrics, oral surgery, urgent care, & comprehensive exam rotations. 90% of our patients are graduate level prost and perio cases and we are treating them as D3's, which is a challenge but rewarding. Most are medically compromised, so we work closely with the pt's primary care physician. The faculty here is amazing. We do it all here including: endo (excluding 2nd molars and retreats), extractions (simple/surgical), operative, fixed prost, removable prost, perio (maintenance/surgery), implants, ortho, and pediatrics.
Thank-you for answering my question thoroughly!

Members don't see this ad :)
To anyone especially any 3rd year dental students at MOSDOH: How's the clinic at MOSDOH? Good and Bad? What's your clinical exposure like? Do you get to see a variety of different cases? Thanks!

I'm a D3 at MOSDOH, too. I have to agree with everything aphin said. What's even better than third year is our external rotations in fourth year. We will spend half of the year outside of student clinic in CHCs where we will be responsible for seeing 4-8 pts per day. These rotations are going to be great for building speed and hand skills as well as being able to see how other practicing dentists work. It's a unique model but has worked out extremely well for ASDOH.

I'm a D3 at MOSDOH, too. I have to agree with everything aphin said. What's even better than third year is our external rotations in fourth year. We will spend half of the year outside of student clinic in CHCs where we will be responsible for seeing 4-8 pts per day. These rotations are going to be great for building speed and hand skills as well as being able to see how other practicing dentists work. It's a unique model but has worked out extremely well for ASDOH.
Thank you!!