This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stleony

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if there is already a discussion about this, I definitely can't find it if there is. Anyway, I go to school in Florida but live in New York. I really want to get clinical experience but it's really hard to get anything when I'm only in one state for three months at a time. I can't commit to anything because I won't be there for longer than three months. I'm only going into my second year of undergrad right now so I have time to figure it out, but I don't know what to do
What clinical experiences can I get with little to no commitment? I'm sure there are other people in the same spot as me, what can I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Summer's might be good for shadowing and working in a homeless shelter etc.. Once you have established connections you can probably go back during in future vacations if you want. Then when you get back to school start your clinical stuff. Start making contacts now, filling in applications etc. . Your ECs should be spread out over long periods for your own sake. Don't limit yourself with trying to cram stuff in each summer for three month spurts.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app