Clinical Hours-advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CATSandKILOS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have an internship in the athletic training room at my university next semester. I will be working with the athletic trainers, team physicians, and athletes. Some of my work will include helping the athletes with stretching, massages, applying pads for e-stim, taping ankles, etc. Do you guys think I can count this towards my clinical hours?

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I would say yes..especially with the amount of involvement you'll have..if you're able to get a letter of rec from a team physician (assuming their a DPM) that would be a huge plus as well

Good luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the OP referring to by clinical hours? How many of these do we need and is shadowing podiatrists counted towards clinical hours?

What is the OP referring to by clinical hours? How many of these do we need and is shadowing podiatrists counted towards clinical hours?

I got accepted near the beginning of the cycle last year, and had no clinical hours. Shadowed 3 pods for a collective of probably 12 hours.

I got accepted near the beginning of the cycle last year, and had no clinical hours. Shadowed 3 pods for a collective of probably 12 hours.

mind if i ask your stats? i am applying this fall right when the cycle opens.

Do you mind telling us which schools you were accepted to? Thanks!