Clinical Observation hours question? Urgent!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WayneWilliamsPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before I switched to pre-med I had planned to go to physical therapy school and would like to if my observation hours ( over 300) there would count? Also I'm a MDA Camp Counselor that requires me to be the primary caregiver of a child with a neurodegenerative disease for a week, would this count as well?

Members don't see this ad.

By clinical observation hours i assume you mean shadowing.
The PT shadowing would not count because its just not medicine.
And i dont think the other thing would either.
Just go shadow a doc or two for a day or two. Its quick, and youll rack up hours quick :)

Before I switched to pre-med I had planned to go to physical therapy school and would like to if my observation hours ( over 300) there would count? Also I'm a MDA Camp Counselor that requires me to be the primary caregiver of a child with a neurodegenerative disease for a week, would this count as well?

What do you mean by "would count?" If you are talking about meeting a requirement for a specific school, then probably not.

However, I would definitely list of these ECs on your applications; especially the second one.

How do you find Physical Therapists to shadow? I don't know any physical therapists at the moment, but that is my biggest draw back in applying for the DPT program.