clinical recidency training in Ukraine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AttilaTheHun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.I just graduated medical school in Thailand.
I want studing in Postgraduate (clinical recidency training)progeam in Ukraine.
1.What is about clinical residency training in Ukraine ?
2.How does a foreign graduate go about doing there residency in Ukraine?
3.I'd like to have some feedbacks about medical postgraduate programs in UKRAINE .quality of teaching , number of students enrolled,criminal.
4. Have the Skin head group who hurt international student inUkrain?
5.Do the International students must pass medical licence exam of Ukraine?
6.How much is the salary of international clinical residency training in Ukraine?

Thank you for answer.:D

Members don't see this ad.

Hi my friend,
Im from Ukraine and graduated from Odessa State Medical Univercity in 1999.I quite dont understand your reason to get such a residency.At first, you have to be fluent in Russian/Ukrainian, because all you problems will start here.If you have certain connections, it wont be that hard to get residency in my country, but like I said language is first.......:rolleyes:

medical school as well post grad medicine sucks in ukraine
i am enrolled in 6 year programme
univeristy in kyiv and kharkow r manageable
other are just time waste
skin head group dnt harm except in crimea region
there is no exam that international studnt must pass
salry 200 usd monthly for a doctor
no pay during ur studies

Members don't see this ad :)
My sincere advice . FORGET IT. The whole system sucks. I came back after seeing the situation there. People and the place are wonderful. But, they cant help you in your studies and as one of my friends mentioned above (all of what he/she wrote is true) the salary a pittance though the professors are good ,the administration and most important , the CORRUPT MEDIATORS(without whom you can't do) make your life a real hell .it is a nightmare and my trip is the most recent one.

Hello guys, I'm interested in studying Ukraine.

I live in Georgia and I will graduate Tbilisi state medical university after a year

I wand to study residency in UKraine

I want to become an ophthalmosurger and want to learn in Filatove's eye clinick in Odessa.

If there are some Ukrainian I need their opinion, advices and so on.

Every word can help me to make my choose.

Thanks a lot....

It will be hard for you if you don't know local language.
A lot of problems will begin from it

Learn the language. Ukrainian for Ukraine. Russian for Russia. All the lectures and seminars are going to be in the language of the country, so you're going to have huge problems understanding if you can't fluently speak the language.

Additionally, I would not advise studying in Ukraine, unless it's in Kyiv or some other high end university. I have lived there in the past, and the situation currently is a bit messy. However, if you see no other way, go for it.

Hi everyone, I'm looking now for a PG program with english mentoring that is not requiring "preparatory year" , I found this in some univ in Russia (some speciality with little patient interaction), not clear if Ukraine can offer this too. I would prefer Ukraine over Russia if possible
Thanks

Hi,
I'm currently doing my residency in Russia, as they were the only one to accept, and I pray for beeing avle to transfert to ukraine next year' If not possible, kazakstan or kyrgistan would remain only viable exit ..

Learn the language. Ukrainian for Ukraine. Russian for Russia. All the lectures and seminars are going to be in the language of the country, so you're going to have huge problems understanding if you can't fluently speak the language.

Additionally, I would not advise studying in Ukraine, unless it's in Kyiv or some other high end university. I have lived there in the past, and the situation currently is a bit messy. However, if you see no other way, go for it.
You are absolutely right. In the past, most universities in Ukraine used to teach their classes and lectures only in Ukrainian. But nowadays, many universities in Ukraine have started teaching their classes and lectures in English to international students, for more information, see here. You don't have to know Ukrainian in order to study in Ukraine, but it is desirable to know at least some Ukrainian so that you can communicate with locals and get used to the language. I know this for sure because I have friends who study at universities in Zaporizhzhya and Kharkiv. Unfortunately at the moment, they have to leave the country or study online, but those who want to stay in the country were offered to continue their studies at the medical university in Lviv.

Last edited: