Clinical Research Coordinators

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MagicSkittles

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in taking on both a Clinical Research Coordinator position, but I need to know more about the responsibilities/work it entails.

1) I've surfed the forums, but I can't seem to find a particular post on this topic. Can Clinical Research Coordinators focus on their own independent research projects + writing/publishing as a co-author?

From what I've seen, it seems like the position deals a lot with the logistics (my apologies if this description is off, I'm not as familiar with the topic as I'd like to be). I'm interested in learning about the logistics behind clinical research, but also really getting deeper into the actual design of the trials + writing. Eventually, I'd like to start working on my own independent project.

I'm not in medical school (currently applying), so I know I'm pretty limited in how I can contribute right now to clinical. I've got the time right now to focus on this, so I'd like to see how far I can take this experience before I (hopefully) get accepted into medical school.

2) How do you find a Clinical Research Coordinator position? I've searched google (indeed.com, etc.), but I'm coming up short.

------ Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm not an expert but I'm currently an MD/PhD student and collaborate a lot with other researchers.

1) I feel that each position you can make what you want of it. So at a minimum you would do the logistics that you talk about. However, you have total freedom to go above and beyond what you normally do if you are motivated. Find other projects you like, proposed other sub projects of the big project. Everyone will be happy as long as you get your main work done because it's more projects/publications for everyone. Plus the more independent you are, the easier it is for the investigators.

You can definitely do this with limited experience just ask the right people and work hard.

2) I would search your school's websites, often they have postings. Otherwise, you'll need to ask around for networking. I don't think they'd be on the big job posting sites but you can see it on certain posts. I'm surprised you didn't see anything on google.