Clinical skills test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cliquesh

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

When I practice the exam, I finish the HPI and physical in like 7 mins. I assume on test day I'll be more anxious and slow, but did you guys leave the room that quickly? Also, did you take notes as the patient talked? Did you expose the patients chest when you did the heart exam or did you just slide your scope down their gown?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
also, you are figuring out which parts you need to do.. but there were a few cases where i left the room early.. esp the telephone encounter

Keep in mind that the patients tend to have at least one question they will ask that you need to answer. They also may not end up answering as quickly/succinctly as whomever you are practicing with.

Hey,

When I practice the exam, I finish the HPI and physical in like 7 mins. I assume on test day I'll be more anxious and slow, but did you guys leave the room that quickly? Also, did you take notes as the patient talked? Did you expose the patients chest when you did the heart exam or did you just slide your scope down their gown?

I finished every encounter about 3-4 minutes early and I passed so if you do that it's not necessarily a problem. I enjoyed having the extra time to gather my thoughts for the note.