Clinical written

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radonc22

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on study material for the clinical written exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sure, I used the following resources:

Radiation Oncology: A Question Based Review (Second Edition)
Amazon product
-Decent book, updated within last year or so, most of the important stuff is in there

Radiation Oncology Study Guide
Amazon product
-Good set of questions to go through to consolidate a section after reading the related chapter in the previously mentioned book

Rad Onc Questions Online Question Bank
https://www.radoncquestions.com/
-Seemingly meticulously updated question bank with realistic questions. There were a lot of repeated concepts, for better or worse, and by the time I had done most of the questions and read the explanations in a given section, the rest of that section got really easy (I guess I learned something? Maybe that's the point?). I used this in the 2 weeks prior to the test once I had read the previous 2 books.

Sprinkle in a little of Hansen/Roach (getting old)...

That's all she wrote. Managed to pass despite starting my job July 1 (highly advise against doing that). Test seemed hard, but according to quartile scores was not close to failing.

Radiation Oncology Study Guide, like the Hansen book, is getting a bit out of dated. Several Phase III randomized studies have updated their results that are not reflected in the question book.

Sure, I used the following resources:

Radiation Oncology: A Question Based Review (Second Edition)
Amazon product
-Decent book, updated within last year or so, most of the important stuff is in there

Radiation Oncology Study Guide
Amazon product
-Good set of questions to go through to consolidate a section after reading the related chapter in the previously mentioned book

Rad Onc Questions Online Question Bank
https://www.radoncquestions.com/
-Seemingly meticulously updated question bank with realistic questions. There were a lot of repeated concepts, for better or worse, and by the time I had done most of the questions and read the explanations in a given section, the rest of that section got really easy (I guess I learned something? Maybe that's the point?). I used this in the 2 weeks prior to the test once I had read the previous 2 books.

Sprinkle in a little of Hansen/Roach (getting old)...

That's all she wrote. Managed to pass despite starting my job July 1 (highly advise against doing that). Test seemed hard, but according to quartile scores was not close to failing.

Can anyone comment on what types of Qs are focused on in Clinical Written? What % test material directly from studies vs workup tests vs treatment planning issues, etc?