Co-author

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyblue2000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How can you specifically state one is a co-author on ERAS? Our articles only have my resident and myself... But considering I did most of the work and I'm still second, I at least wanted to make sure it was received as co-authors instead of being a second second.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are the 2nd or 3rd author you are a "co-author".... Maybe you are thinking of "co-first author" (?) the only way to do that is when you submit the paper you put something saying "these 2 authors contributed equally to the paper" so then you will have 2 "first author".
If the paper is published there is no way to change it.
I hope I'm wrong but I get from your questions you want to change your paper on ERAS so you are the first author because "you did everything" and not the resident... Be careful.

Thx for the response.

I did mean co- first author. It states that in the article itself. However, I was wondering how I specify being a co-first author on my ERAS application?

Thx for the response.

I did mean co- first author. It states that in the article itself. However, I was wondering how I specify being a co-first author on my ERAS application?
It's been forever since I did ERAS. Is there a button to push for "first author"? If not, then you really can't note in any way that I can think of. But don't get too hung up on this. The simple fact that you have some pubs will be enough for most places in most specialties. And if these are just case reports, it really doesn't matter at all.