Colarado School of Dental Medicine Interview calls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlist too

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone...m applying for colorado univ 2015 batch..
my toefl score is 99, part 1 cleared, GPA 3.80..i still hv a plenty of time..wat can i do else to improve my cv??? :)
plzz reply..

Members don't see this ad :)
Can we apply to the new cycle if we're wait listed?

They advise you to wait till December..Logical, because it is anyway very early.. If you get in, you save yourself all the hassle and money.. While applying right away doesn't change much.

Good Luck!

I got a waitlisted as well... I think they were saying 30 on wait list....

Anybody got in after getting wait listed?

did anyone from the waitlist get in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the wait listed candidate received any update email from UCD?

Is it worthwhile applying at this moment of time... as in does Colorado have rolling basis admissions?

Anyone heard back after getting wait listed?
I am a wait-listed candidate and I received an update email again from Colorado. The previous one was exactly a month ago.

Folks,

I have a question. I am thinking of applying to Colorado. I have only Part 1. I was confused by this question. If anyone who has applied could clarify it would be super helpful. I understand I should not ask ADA to send an official score report, So I should basically send a Xerox copy of the score report I got correct? Please let me know. The same for TOEFL right? Please help guyzz!

• National Board Dental Examination Part I (ORIGINAL report, does not need to be in a sealed envelope). There is no cut off score for NBD PT I, only passing score is required. Part II is encouraged, however is not required. If part II has been taken, scores need to be submitted before deadline to be consider as a part of the application. (Do not ask ADA to send scores directly to our school)
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language. TOEFL (ORIGINAL report, does not need to be in a sealed envelope). Results of having successfully received a minimum score of 237 on a computer-based version, 580 on a paper based version, or 94 on the new Internet based version of the exam. Score received at the time of application being submitted must be less than three years old from the date exam was taken. All applicants MUST take TOEFL, regardless of residency status or educational background.

Folks,

I have a question. I am thinking of applying to Colorado. I have only Part 1. I was confused by this question. If anyone who has applied could clarify it would be super helpful. I understand I should not ask ADA to send an official score report, So I should basically send a Xerox copy of the score report I got correct? Please let me know. The same for TOEFL right? Please help guyzz!

• National Board Dental Examination Part I (ORIGINAL report, does not need to be in a sealed envelope). There is no cut off score for NBD PT I, only passing score is required. Part II is encouraged, however is not required. If part II has been taken, scores need to be submitted before deadline to be consider as a part of the application. (Do not ask ADA to send scores directly to our school)
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language. TOEFL (ORIGINAL report, does not need to be in a sealed envelope). Results of having successfully received a minimum score of 237 on a computer-based version, 580 on a paper based version, or 94 on the new Internet based version of the exam. Score received at the time of application being submitted must be less than three years old from the date exam was taken. All applicants MUST take TOEFL, regardless of residency status or educational background.
No,you can't send a copy. You can either send the original reports you have or you can request additional reports using the following links:
https://www.ada.org/1635.aspx
http://www.ets.org/toefl

Thanks Sam! Much appreciated! So Basically Colorado wants us to send the NBDE and tOEFL score reports we got to them (not copies of it) or order original from ADA and TEOFL to be sent to us and then send it to them...Correct? Please let me know if I am wrong...

I am applying with only Part 1...Do I stand any chance or am I going to be washed out :)

Hey everyone! I just got an interview call from Colorado for april. They havent mentioned anything about their bench test apart from the fact thats it 3 hours long. Anybody interviewed there this year? Any ideas on what its like and how to prepare for it? Im in SF.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I just got an interview call from Colorado for april. They havent mentioned anything about their bench test apart from the fact thats it 3 hours long. Anybody interviewed there this year? Any ideas on what its like and how to prepare for it? Im in SF.
Congrats on the call, can you please share your stats. It will be a great guide for me and other applicants.

recent graduate (sept 2013), part 1 pass, toefl 114, 2 publications, 4 under process, lot of community work, leadership/research awards, and shadowed a dentist in the states.

recent graduate (sept 2013), part 1 pass, toefl 114, 2 publications, 4 under process, lot of community work, leadership/research awards, and shadowed a dentist in the states.
If possible can you
Wow ! that's really good stats, you deserve the call. Your gpa also must be remarkable, can you tell your gpa. Thanks a lot. All the best for the interview.

3.7. thanks a lot.. though a lot of ppl have better cv's..

Hey sampu88 , When did you get your application completion email??

Any female from India flying for Colorado interview or willing to share an accomodation, PM me..

Last edited:
Hey...i too got iv call from colorado!!!!

Hey...i too got iv call from colorado!!!!
Have u paid for the bench test? How are u planning to prepare for it? What's ur date? (Sorry for bombarding with questions lol)

Whoever got IV,Do you guys have NBDE part 2 ?

Have u paid for the bench test? How are u planning to prepare for it? What's ur date? (Sorry for bombarding with questions lol)
not yet....but will be paying soon....i am preparing for the bench test at home only.
mine is on 5th April....when is urs>?

Whoever got IV,Do you guys have NBDE part 2 ?
I don't as yet. But I'm writing it in march n had mentioned that on my Caapid app. So I'll have my score with me when I interview with them.

Is it too late to apply for Colorado?? web site says admission process is not based on a rolling-basis and march 17 is dead line. I wonder how you guys are getting IV invitations.
Please advise....

Does anyone know which typhodont is used for bench test at UC denver - columbia or kilgore?

I HAVE Sent all my documents in January mid. They have received it by January 15. I haven't got any application complete email yet. When would you think I will be receiving the application complete email. I mean how long does it take to receive this email after yet receive the docs. Thanks

I HAVE Sent all my documents in January mid. They have received it by January 15. I haven't got any application complete email yet. When would you think I will be receiving the application complete email. I mean how long does it take to receive this email after yet receive the docs. Thanks
Call or e-mail them. The person, who handles those things is not well organized nor she cares about your feelings.

I have sent an email but I haven't got any response till date. So worried. Thanks.

Hii I have got interview invitation for 5th April. Is there any boy who is willing to share accommodation with me? please PM me

I have sent an email but I haven't got any response till date. So worried. Thanks.
Try contacting the Program director in regards to problems you are having. You can find e-mail address in Faculty directory if the school web site. At least she is organized

Does colorado uses Kilgore with hard or soft gingiva? Does anybody have any information on what will be asked for the bench test?

They use Kilgore with soft gingiva. It might be an old information. They asked for a FGC preparation on a molar and MO or DO amalgam on a molar.
Remember hatch carver is dull - do not try to cut/scrape wax with it, you will brake it. Heat instrument and then remove wax with it

They use Kilgore with soft gingiva. It might be an old information. They asked for a FGC preparation on a molar and MO or DO amalgam on a molar.
Remember hatch carver is dull - do not try to cut/scrape wax with it, you will brake it. Heat instrument and then remove wax with it
Thanks oral care
Can you please upload a pic of hatch carver or tell us its basic shape.
Thanks

Hatch carver is nothing more then a plastic instrument. I could not find a picture, so imagine a plastic instrument with working part about 1.5mm wide and about 8-10mm long. It is bend not sideways but across. let's say if you put a ruler on the end of the table and bend it, that is the way this carver shaped. Sorry could not find the right name for that.

sorry to ask same question....no one responded earlier...asking the same question...someone who knows or who got IV from Colorado please reply

Is it too late to apply for Colorado?? web site says admission process is not based on a rolling-basis and march 17 is dead line. I wonder how you guys are getting IV invitations.