College is Just Like High School...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GallbLad

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
College is just like high school: attend class for a small time, take notes, leave, rinse and repeat until exams.

Are most pre-meds afraid to enter the real world; thus they subjugate themselves open-heartedly to four more years of this nonsense?

When will the system change so that one does not need to waste so much time to become a functional contributor to society?

Is there any wonder why the U.S. lags to the rest of the world in education?

Members don't see this ad.

You can go flip burgers at McDonalds any time you want.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There are plenty of 6-7 year guaranteed programs which shorten UG years.

giphy.gif

^BANHAMMER

It shall cometh down upon thee.

Reactions: 7 users
SDN just wouldn't be the same without a gallbladder. I'm actually rooting for you, @GallbLad.

Keep it up. Trolling keeps us young.

SDN just wouldn't be the same without a gallbladder. I'm actually rooting for you, @GallbLad.

Keep it up. Trolling keeps us young.
Lol for a second there, I thought you were serious. If I was a surgeon, I'd totally do that chole right now.

Wooooow GallbLad. Another quality post which will spur up another off-topic discussion. Excellent work.

I thought it was common knowledge that people go to college to have fun, not to learn.

Apparently medical school is just like high school as well.

Reactions: 1 user
College is just like high school: attend class for a small time, take notes, leave, rinse and repeat until exams.

Are most pre-meds afraid to enter the real world; thus they subjugate themselves open-heartedly to four more years of this nonsense?

When will the system change so that one does not need to waste so much time to become a functional contributor to society?

There's problems everywhere in society. Those of the traditional pre-med don't even come close to the suffering others face daily. I feel blessed to be able to go to class, and have the opportunity to pursue my dream to become a physician. If it takes four years of undergrad (which is a blast anyway) then so be it.

When you post, it's like you're complaining that your luxurious BMW doesn't have retractable wings to fly over oceans or something like that. No one has a car with that capability, and no matter how much you complain, it's not going to change the fact that your car can't take you over the Pacific. Meanwhile, other people are stuck with a rusted out 40 year old junker, or don't have a car at all. Not only that, but they would gladly trade their car for your BMW in a heartbeat.

I know you're a troll, and I'm probably wasting my time typing this, but it's all about perspective. Your posts suggest you severely lack this.

Reactions: 1 user
You're totally right, as soon as I graduated high school I felt ready to open my private practice as a mature adult and physician.

Patients, please!
Hackers-Around-the-World-Cyber-Rat-of-LulzSec-Peru-2.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats, you're the winner of the "Lenny" award for most insipid posts. Surpassing mrh125, if that was even possible.

"Lenny" was a guy on a message board I frequent and posted numerous insipid questions.

I'll leave this with two thoughts for OP:

1) your post has what to do with Pre-medical concerns?
2) I'm going to report you now, so hold very still while the banhammer smacks you deservedly between the eyes.

Reactions: 8 users
:beat:

^My favorite smily on this site. Congrats OP! You earned it!

"And I'm 'peaked in high school' Rob Lowe!"

Reactions: 2 users