College of Notre Dame - Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carbond

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that there isn't a thread for 2012 applicants. I received an interview invitation for November 11th. Anyone else? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi - I had already posted in the old thread but thanks for making a new one! I received an interview invitation this morning as well. Not sure what date I'm taking yet. I'll be coming from Cali as well!

I got my interview invitation today as well (Friday). I opted for the November 8th interview. I'll be coming from NorCal. Hope to see some of you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my interview invitation today as well (Friday). I opted for the November 8th interview. I'll be coming from NorCal. Hope to see some of you there!

haha I didn't realize you posted here too! I will be attending the Nov 8th interview as well! Works out well with the whole travelling situation :rofl:

haha I didn't realize you posted here too! I will be attending the Nov 8th interview as well! Works out well with the whole travelling situation :rofl:

haha it's gonna be a crazy week! where in cali are you coming from?

I am thrilled that I have been extended an opportunity to interview at Notre Dame at Baltimore on November 11. I have been reading about the founding Dean and some of the professors. WOW! Sounds like a great school.

I am thrilled that I have been extended an opportunity to interview at Notre Dame at Baltimore on November 11. I have been reading about the founding Dean and some of the professors. WOW! Sounds like a great school.

nice! I'll definitely see you there :)

I was invited for November 29th. Is anyone else going on that date? I will be coming from Florida.

Wow! Congrats!
I got my interview on 11/11! :love:
I'm super excited about it.
Good luck!!!!!

Hey guys do you mind sharing your stats with us? I plan on applying next year and would like to know where I stand, and where to improve in.
Thanks! :)

Any comments from current students? Received my interview invitation today.

does anyone know how long it takes for them to send you the supplementary application after they receive your pharmcas application?

My pharmcas application was sent to them 10/30 and I haven't gotten it yet. I just got a general email saying they had gotten my pharmcas application.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! So is anyone esle being interviewed on Dec 2nd? Im super excited but super nervous. Where do you read about the dean and professors?
As far as stats I got a 62 on the pcat and gpa is 3.5:):cool::D What about everyone else?

Where did you read about the Dean?

I emailed Mr. Shattuck today and he said the Admissions Committee will meet this week so applicants who have interviewed should hear back a response soon.

I emailed Mr. Shattuck today and he said the Admissions Committee will meet this week so applicants who have interviewed should hear back a response soon.

Oh nice...i was just wondering about this. hate the waiting game. And no word from midwestern yet either for me but congrats on your acceptance there!

Oh nice...i was just wondering about this. hate the waiting game. And no word from midwestern yet either for me but congrats on your acceptance there!

thanks! you got into Shenandoah though right?

thanks! you got into Shenandoah though right?

Yeah I did, still waiting for an interview from midwestern AZ (trying to stay as close to cali as possible haha) But if all else fails I'll be in Virginia next year!

Yeah I did, still waiting for an interview from midwestern AZ (trying to stay as close to cali as possible haha) But if all else fails I'll be in Virginia next year!

congrats!! woohoo! yeah im still waiting for Colorado. if worse comes to worse, i'll put in a deposit for MWU and just wait until I hear back from Colorado. I have an interview scheduled for Shenandoah next week, but given that I got an acceptance to MWU, i'll be canceling my interview. are you still considering NDM?

congrats!! woohoo! yeah im still waiting for Colorado. if worse comes to worse, i'll put in a deposit for MWU and just wait until I hear back from Colorado. I have an interview scheduled for Shenandoah next week, but given that I got an acceptance to MWU, i'll be canceling my interview. are you still considering NDM?

Cool! I really loved Baltimore but I dont think I will be going there. Shenandoah was great so I think I will be really happy going there. Fingers crossed for the both of us! Good Luck!

Last edited:
btw just got the acceptance email! Woo! bittersweet because its actually a great school but i'm going to have to decline.

yaya accepted!! is is bad that i was almost hoping i wouldn't get accepted because now i have to make a decision between 2 great schools?:( dont know what to do!!

btw just got the acceptance email! Woo! bittersweet because its actually a great school but i'm going to have to decline.

i know i got an acceptance too! and i do feel the same as you =( the faculty were so gracious, it kinda breaks my heart to decline the offer.

yaya accepted!! is is bad that i was almost hoping i wouldn't get accepted because now i have to make a decision between 2 great schools?:( dont know what to do!!

omg i almost feel the same way. i never thought i would be put into a situation like this. i am truly grateful I have any choice at all! :oops:

what schools are you deciding between? i just got accepted to st john fisher in new york as well..never in a million years did i think i'd even get accepted to one school! i loved baltimore when i went to the interview, but i didn't have to opportunity to see the area..so don't know if would love living there. is anyone from the baltimore area that would like to shed some positive or negative light on it?

what schools are you deciding between? i just got accepted to st john fisher in new york as well..never in a million years did i think i'd even get accepted to one school! i loved baltimore when i went to the interview, but i didn't have to opportunity to see the area..so don't know if would love living there. is anyone from the baltimore area that would like to shed some positive or negative light on it?

I was accepted here and Shenandoah. I didnt really get to see much of Baltimore but from the way the faculty and students were talking about it it seemed like a great lively place with lots of opportunities. The only thing i would say i dont like about the school is that its not very well established yet but its on the right path!

Can I please get to know your stats, what was your gab like? And Pcat scores please?

I was accepted here and Shenandoah. I didnt really get to see much of Baltimore but from the way the faculty and students were talking about it it seemed like a great lively place with lots of opportunities. The only thing i would say i dont like about the school is that its not very well established yet but its on the right path!
The only thing i would say i dont like about the school is that its not very well established yet but its on the right path!

Notre Dame has a very seasoned faculty and this is not the first program started with Dr. Lin. She stated that she has been on the acreditation end as well. She said there are thirty standards they are judged by and Notre Dame is well on track in all thirty.

I was also accepted at Notre Dame on Dec. 1 and I am thrilled about it. This is a program that will provide a great atmosphere, great support and uphold high standards.

Where did you read about the Dean?
I searched her name on google and read lots of stuff. She was at Wilkes before. When I met her in person, It was one of the most impressive things about an impressive school. She has incredible ways of phrasing things and I could not refrain from taking notes

can someone tell me about baltimore please? is a good place to live. I'm from buffalo New York and honestly im nervous to move to a big city. Are there fun things to do there, good nightlife, shops, good people? i would really appreciate any thoughts. I have to make my decision by next week so please help!!

just got an interview invite, going on Jan 6th :)

I just mailed out my decline form today =\ I really wish this school the best. It has great potential to become a great pharmacy school in the future. I commend the faculty I met during my interview for their graciousness and hospitality. I wish every 2016 NDM applicants the best!

Interviewed Dec 2 and received my acceptance letter Dec 9! So excited!!! Now I gotta find a place to live, any suggestions?

Interviewed Dec 2 and received my acceptance letter Dec 9! So excited!!! Now I gotta find a place to live, any suggestions?

congratulations! from the campus visit, I heard good things about Inner Harbor, Canton and Federal Hills neighborhoods, so you could try find housing in those areas.

Hi Everyone:

First of all, congratulations to those you finished their interviews and got acceptances! I will be applying to Notre Dame this winter break since I seriously did not have time during the semester.
I have some quick questions regarding this school. Please help if you can and Happy Holidays!
1.) How are the supplemental? Are there more than one essay questions?
2.)For those you went on campus, Do you know if we need a car to get around?
3.) How much is tuition per semester?

Thank you so much!

Hi Everyone:

First of all, congratulations to those you finished their interviews and got acceptances! I will be applying to Notre Dame this winter break since I seriously did not have time during the semester.
I have some quick questions regarding this school. Please help if you can and Happy Holidays!
1.) How are the supplemental? Are there more than one essay questions?
2.)For those you went on campus, Do you know if we need a car to get around?
3.) How much is tuition per semester?

Thank you so much!

Currently I'm a P2 at the school, so i'll try to answer some of your questions.

1. The supplemental is like other supplementals from other schools. If I remember correctly, there is a question about professionalism, but it could have changes since i applied.

2. Having a car is really helpful for school. especially if you live offcampus. Girls are able to dorm at this school, but the commons foods isn't really the best to say the least. You do need a car starting 2nd year though for IPPE rotations.

3.tuition is slightly more that 30k/yr

4. There are a lot of places to live around school. It just depends on your preferences. However, i don't think a lot of people live toward downtown Baltimore because of price and size. They do usually start a FB group soon (Feb or March) and they post some different options around the area such as Belvedere Towers, Twin Ridge, Carlyle, etc. It also is a place to find roommates if you wanted as well.

Feel free to ask any other questions

Hi!

First of all, THANK YOU so much for the quick response. Merry Christmas !
I have some follow up questions.

1.) If tuition is >30,000/year, does that also apply to out of state students?
2.) I will probably wont be able to buy a car soon, so I was wondering is it possible to get around during my first year without a car? Is AC/bus transit accessible?
3.)Can you inform me know about your experiences thus far as a student? What you like about the program thus far? What you dont like?

I really value anyone feedback. I am very interested in the school, but I dont know anyone there. Thank you for your help as I really really appreciate it.

Hi!

First of all, THANK YOU so much for the quick response. Merry Christmas !
I have some follow up questions.

1.) If tuition is >30,000/year, does that also apply to out of state students?
2.) I will probably wont be able to buy a car soon, so I was wondering is it possible to get around during my first year without a car? Is AC/bus transit accessible?
3.)Can you inform me know about your experiences thus far as a student? What you like about the program thus far? What you dont like?

I really value anyone feedback. I am very interested in the school, but I dont know anyone there. Thank you for your help as I really really appreciate it.

1. It is a private school, so it cost the same whether you are in-state or out of state.

2. There is public transportation but it isn't as reliable as you would think since the school is not directly inside downtown. It's totally doable but inconvenient.

3. Personally I like it here a lot. This school teaches and prepares you thoroughly with its curriculum and the faculty is extremely nice and approachable for the most part. Sure, there is a lot of work given at this school but there is always going to be people complaining wherever you go. What I don't like at this school is the mandatory attendance.

Hope this helps!

I submitted my PharmCAS to Notre Dame yesterday. Does anyone know how long it will take to get my supplemental invitation?
Thank you.

I submitted my PharmCAS to Notre Dame yesterday. Does anyone know how long it will take to get my supplemental invitation?
Thank you.

i received mine within 2 days after they received my pharmcas application. of course you have to consider it's after the holidays, so it might take a little longer than 2 days :)

For current students, How does the snowy winter affect class schedules?
I am from the Bay Area (CA), so I was wondering if anyone can give me any tips on how to prepare for East Coast weather. Thank you.

I was recently scheduled to have my interview on January the 13th (Friday the 13th haha) does anyone have any tips for me? I would really appreciate it :)

I was recently scheduled to have my interview on January the 13th (Friday the 13th haha) does anyone have any tips for me? I would really appreciate it :)

Congratulations on your interview invite! as far as the interview, be mindful that it is open file, meaning that your interviewers have seen your application (PCAT, GPA, letters of rec, personal statement) so make sure you KNOW the information you provided them. I had a great experience with the faculty during the interview itself. Honestly, out of all the 3 interviews I went to, my interview here at NDM was the most comfortable for me. The interview seemed more like a personal conversation, rather than a formal interview. But you still have to prepare for whatever questions they may ask you. The only downside with the interview day is how the day dragged. We had many short "down times" between each section of the interview day. Other than that, the experience was relaxed and very informative. Oh, and no essays! good luck!:)

Congratulations on your interview invite! as far as the interview, be mindful that it is open file, meaning that your interviewers have seen your application (PCAT, GPA, letters of rec, personal statement) so make sure you KNOW the information you provided them. I had a great experience with the faculty during the interview itself. Honestly, out of all the 3 interviews I went to, my interview here at NDM was the most comfortable for me. The interview seemed more like a personal conversation, rather than a formal interview. But you still have to prepare for whatever questions they may ask you. The only downside with the interview day is how the day dragged. We had many short "down times" between each section of the interview day. Other than that, the experience was relaxed and very informative. Oh, and no essays! good luck!:)

Hi Imclarkent:
I have an interview on Feb. 17th and wanted to ask you aquestion!
What was your overall impression of the school? (campus, location, facilities)

thank you!

Hi Imclarkent:
I have an interview on Feb. 17th and wanted to ask you aquestion!
What was your overall impression of the school? (campus, location, facilities)

thank you!

the campus is located in a nice area of Baltimore. I was really impressed with the nice houses around campus. The campus itself is very nice. Nice bricked buildings, and so many grassy areas. I didn't get to walk around campus though, because I had a flight to catch right after the interview. The only building I was able to see and get a tour of, was Bunting Hall, which is the pharmacy school building. It's a newly built building that the SOP just moved into last fall, so all of their equipments, classrooms, laboratories are new. The faculty and students were very friendly and nice. During my trips to the restroom, at least a couple of faculty or student would stop me to wish me good luck on my interview (i think the suit gives it away).;) Good luck on your upcoming interview!