College of Notre Dame - Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This question is for current student:

I have an interview invitation and Mr. Shattuck wrote the following: "During the months of January, February, and March it is prudent to be aware of the Baltimore weather forecast; In the event of a winter storm please check Notre Dame of Maryland University's website for updates on closures or delays. Follow instructions indicated on the website and do not arrive at the School of Pharmacyearlier than the times indicated on the website for opening. If the College is closed do not report to campus."

Can anyone tell me where I can find this information on the school website? I have been browsing for a while and cannot find it. Lastly for those of you who interviewed last year around Feb-March, did you guys experienced delays? How did you work it out with Mr. Shattuck?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! just got the email of acceptance this morning and I interviewed 1/6/12.

glad to get that monkey off my back

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! just got the email of acceptance this morning and I interviewed 1/6/12.

glad to get that monkey off my back

Hi Jogbe001:

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!! Do you have any advice for upcoming interviewees (like me):) ?
Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Jogbe001:

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!! Do you have any advice for upcoming interviewees (like me):) ?
Thank you!!

I would say be relaxed because the faculty there are REALLY nice. I was there for that day only, but on my way to airport, I drove by the neighborhood, which is very nice. And its only like 4-5 questions, so you should be fine.

GL!

This question is for current student:

I have an interview invitation and Mr. Shattuck wrote the following: "During the months of January, February, and March it is prudent to be aware of the Baltimore weather forecast; In the event of a winter storm please check Notre Dame of Maryland University’s website for updates on closures or delays. Follow instructions indicated on the website and do not arrive at the School of Pharmacyearlier than the times indicated on the website for opening. If the College is closed do not report to campus."

Can anyone tell me where I can find this information on the school website? I have been browsing for a while and cannot find it. Lastly for those of you who interviewed last year around Feb-March, did you guys experienced delays? How did you work it out with Mr. Shattuck?

Thank you!

To be honest, I'm not really that sure where you can find that information either. They usually send a sms to our phones if the school will be closed or have delays. Since this school is small, there usually will be closures or delays on days that it snows. I'd say you'd be fine if you're aware of the weather and stay in contact with Mr. Shattuck

To be honest, I'm not really that sure where you can find that information either. They usually send a sms to our phones if the school will be closed or have delays. Since this school is small, there usually will be closures or delays on days that it snows. I'd say you'd be fine if you're aware of the weather and stay in contact with Mr. Shattuck

Hi Chronice:
Thanks! I have some quick questions since you are a current student.
How is the lab class? Are they long compare to undergraduate chemistry lab classes?
How do you feel about the current curriculum? Are lectures mostly power point presentations or do professors also use chalkboard to lecture?

Thank you!

Lab is lab haha.. some of the labs can be short while some can be long. The positive is that there is only 2 semesters of lab and then you are done forever unless you choose to continue on that path.

Personally, I like the curriculum here. It exposes you to many fields within the pharmacy profession. They really prepare you and are willing to help you succeed in school.

All lectures are powerpoint.

Hi Chronice:

Thank you so much for your prompt responses!!
I have this really urgent question that I want to ask you.

Under Notre Dame's pre-requisites, it states the following:
"It is unlikely that Anatomy and Physiology and Microbiology at community colleges will meet the pre-requisite requirement and applicants must take these courses at a 4 year institution."

How strict is this statement since I took Physiology at a University, but will be taking anatomy at a community college since I graduated and it is much less expensive to take anatomy at a CC.

THANK YOU!

Hi Chronice:

Thank you so much for your prompt responses!!
I have this really urgent question that I want to ask you.

Under Notre Dame's pre-requisites, it states the following:
"It is unlikely that Anatomy and Physiology and Microbiology at community colleges will meet the pre-requisite requirement and applicants must take these courses at a 4 year institution."

How strict is this statement since I took Physiology at a University, but will be taking anatomy at a community college since I graduated and it is much less expensive to take anatomy at a CC.

THANK YOU!

I can answer this question since I had my interview already and was accepted last week with the same problem. Basically during the interview when they go over your individual pre-reqs, just let them know that your gonna take anatomy at a CC. For me, Im gonna take physio at a cc and they had a list of approved cc that offer anat. and physio. And if they havent approved it, try to bring in a copy of the course description/syllabus and the dean will look over it

I can answer this question since I had my interview already and was accepted last week with the same problem. Basically during the interview when they go over your individual pre-reqs, just let them know that your gonna take anatomy at a CC. For me, Im gonna take physio at a cc and they had a list of approved cc that offer anat. and physio. And if they havent approved it, try to bring in a copy of the course description/syllabus and the dean will look over it

Oh god!!! Thank you so much..such a big relief...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I interviewed back in December but I haven't heard anything from the school yet and I see some people who interviews last week already got in.

Did anyone from the December interviews got in?
Thank you

I interviewed back in December but I haven't heard anything from the school yet and I see some people who interviews last week already got in.

Did anyone from the December interviews got in?
Thank you

You should probably call them. They told us after 3 weeks if you havent heard anything let them know

Members don't see this ad :)
For current students:

Are textbooks required or do students just learn from powerpoints??
thank you!

Did anyone from January 20th get accepted? I know it's only a week after but I got accepted to D'youville and the deposit is due Friday so I'm getting pretty nervous now.

I declined my acceptance, hopefully someone else gets it, gl!

I got an interview invite and I am happy/nervous at the same time. :D

For people who already interviewed at this school, what kind of questions should I expect?

Any help will be appreciated:)

I got an interview invite and I am happy/nervous at the same time. :D

For people who already interviewed at this school, what kind of questions should I expect?

Any help will be appreciated:)

Since it was an open file interview make sure you know all your info on your pharmcas and supplementary applications well. For me, it felt like a conversation they just wanted to get to know me ... very laid back so nothing to be nervous about! General questions like why pharmacy? can u see yourself living here? why notre dame? good luck!

Since it was an open file interview make sure you know all your info on your pharmcas and supplementary applications well. For me, it felt like a conversation they just wanted to get to know me ... very laid back so nothing to be nervous about! General questions like why pharmacy? can u see yourself living here? why notre dame? good luck!
Thanks for replying!
I will keep that in mind :)

Anyone have interview on Fri 2/24? I got my interview invitation 2 weeks ago but I can't have time for Tuesday, so I decided to go for the latest interview day offered. I'm worried if my chance of acceptance is decreased for later interview. Anyway anyone can share your interview experience at Notre Dame?

As cliche as it might sound be yourself. They have read your file to a T to be honest so be sure about what you provided Pharmcas with and please do not lie because they ask you questions based on your responses. A specific question they asked that could easily throw someone of who didn't prepare accurately is: What do you not like about the pharmacy profession. So ponder about that and think up a genius answer :). You're welcome in advance

Hi all,
I'm still waiting for my acceptance letter :(. I dont know why it's taking them so long.
Do you guys know if the school will be accredited for sure or not? I really love the school and I want to go there but not if they dont get the accreditation.

My apologies for my curt and blunt wording...
First of all have you ever considered the obvious possibility that you never got accepted to NDM SOP ? I mean you can't be waiting on an acceptance letter if you never got accepted. If I were you I would call the school and figure out why it's taking so long to hear of your outcome.
Secondly... ACPE can only grant a school full accreditation status once that school has graduated its inaugural class. Therefore, NDM SOP will be fully accredited once it first class graduates which I believe is this year 2012. So the question you should be asking is 'when will NDM establish full accreditation not if they will ever be fully accredited'.
Quite honestly the accreditation statues should be the last of your worries being that your not sure if you even got accepted. I would be figuring out how to get more interviews to other schools if you already haven't.

Does anyone know anything about the rotations? Can we do our 4th year rotations out of state?

WOW!! I just finished my interview at Notre Dame and god I am so impress with this school/faculty/students!! WOW!!

I also just had the interview with Notre Dame last Friday. I really like the school also. They greatly impressed me ;)

Hi everyone,
Is there a facebook page for the new class? Also is there anyone from California? I'm excited to see you all soon

I dont think there is a facebook made yet for the class of 2016.

Got my acceptance today!!! WOW!! Notre Dame of Maryland here I come!!!

i got acceptance yesterday too! The school is great, but i think i may refuse to attend.

Hi!

I interviewed on Feb . 24....and received my acceptance on 3.1.12!!

Good luck!

Hi Everyone:

For those who are planning to attend Notre Dame of Maryland University for sure, where are you guys planning to stay?

Also, have you guys received anything from the finanical aid office yet?

Thank you!

Hi Everyone:

For those who are planning to attend Notre Dame of Maryland University for sure, where are you guys planning to stay?

Also, have you guys received anything from the finanical aid office yet?

Thank you!

I'm still looking for places....No I haven't received anything from the financial aid office.

Accepted to Notre Dame!! :love::D

had interview on Feb 28th and heard back on March 1st! :)

Thanks to SDN forum and all the people who provide feedbacks and suggestions!! :)

Questions!!

1.) For the matriculation papers/deposit forms, are you guys planning to send them together in a pack to Mr. Shattuck?
2.) I notice that there is two deposit that the school asks for...are you guys planning to write two checks and send them in ALL at once...OR will you be sending them one at a time? (any recommendation?)
3.) The school requires submission of our medical information, however, what exactly does that entail...the school does not really specific what they want.

Thank you!! BTW, congratulations to those who recently got accepted. See you guys in the FALL!

Hello, Current NDM student here. We are moving out of our place, the condos right next to NDM. 2bd 2 bath everything is completely furnished and its beautiful. Next to the gate so you can walk to school and be there in 5 minutes. The place can be available for rent as soon as you get here, august or earlier is prefered. for more information please Private message me.

I just recieved my award for financial aid and wow these are pretty big numbers. For those attending did you figure out your housing arrangements? I really didn tour the areas well when I had gone for my interview because I was in a rush and I really want to start looking for a place to live ... Any suggestions?

I just recieved my award for financial aid and wow these are pretty big numbers. For those attending did you figure out your housing arrangements? I really didn tour the areas well when I had gone for my interview because I was in a rush and I really want to start looking for a place to live ... Any suggestions?

Hi Pharm7116:

I have not received my financial aid lette yet, however, I am really nervous when you say "pretty big numbers"

Do you mind being more specific?

thank you so much.

Hi Pharm7116:

I have not received my financial aid lette yet, however, I am really nervous when you say "pretty big numbers"

Do you mind being more specific?

thank you so much.

Tuition is ~34,000 and cost of living, books, transportation totaled to around 57,000

Last edited:
I have an interview on april 27th which is this friday
Anyone has one on that day?
Also, for those who already had an interview, how was it?
Do we write an essay?
Hows the interview day scheduled?
Thanks!!

I have an interview on april 27th which is this friday
Anyone has one on that day?
Also, for those who already had an interview, how was it?
Do we write an essay?
Hows the interview day scheduled?
Thanks!!

Hi Wsbkp08:
I had my interview in February and overall it was a very pleasant experience.
I had a one to one interview with a faculty member. My recommendations to you on how to best prepare for the upcoming interview are the following:

-Make sure you know why you are pursuing a career in pharmacy? (the classic "why pharmacy" is guaranteed!)
-Why Notre Dame in particular?
-Know your application thoroughly. Make sure you have examples of your leadership skills.

There are no on-site essay :)
Lastly, the interview takes about 20 minutes but you will be there from 9-1ish because there will be Q&A, lunch, financial aid session, tour...etc.

Good luck to you! My best advice is to be yourself!!!

Hi Wsbkp08:
I had my interview in February and overall it was a very pleasant experience.
I had a one to one interview with a faculty member. My recommendations to you on how to best prepare for the upcoming interview are the following:

-Make sure you know why you are pursuing a career in pharmacy? (the classic "why pharmacy" is guaranteed!)
-Why Notre Dame in particular?
-Know your application thoroughly. Make sure you have examples of your leadership skills.

There are no on-site essay :)
Lastly, the interview takes about 20 minutes but you will be there from 9-1ish because there will be Q&A, lunch, financial aid session, tour...etc.

Good luck to you! My best advice is to be yourself!!!

Thanks for your info!
your info was great help!!
I am already confused which school I should attend even though I didn't even get accepted to NDM lol.
Are you going to NDM for sure?
argghhh
how long did it take you to get your answers back?