Cologne.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregor Wiesmann

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, here we go: List your top three favorite colognes. Oh, and these should be designer brands, not the niche ones that are like $200 haha!

My favorite scents:
1. Mont Blanc Legend(Basically the same scent as Fierce)
2. Versace Eros(I think I'm going to buy a bottle soon)
3. Hollister SoCal(Yes, I know what you're thinking, but it smells awesome)

Members don't see this ad.

Hollister Jake is my go-to.

Reactions: 1 user
1. Douchebag
2. Douchebag
3. Axe

jk. I don't wear them but my brother does. He's sort of an aficionado. TJ Maxx is his bff.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think this is entirely appropriate as a thread in pre-allo and not in say, The Wolf's Den or some other social section?
Sorry, I didn't realize this was a sacred place. I can tell by your avatar that you are the real deal.......pardon my ignorance.

bvlgari pour homme, burberry london for men, YSL l'homme

acqua di gio (Armani) is fun but i only have samples. Probably full-bottle worthy but I don't have that kind of cash.

bvlgari pour homme, burberry london for men, YSL l'homme

acqua di gio (Armani) is fun but i only have samples. Probably full-bottle worthy but I don't have that kind of cash.
YSL l'homme is a great one! I just thought it smelled a little too much like flowers for my taste.

On my wish list: Dior Homme or Dior Homme Intense..... sooooooo goood!!! Also pricey :(

Hated it the first couple times I smelled it. Now I've fallen in love. So sexy

Polo blue

Members don't see this ad :)
On my wish list: Dior Homme or Dior Homme Intense..... sooooooo goood!!! Also pricey :(

Hated it the first couple times I smelled it. Now I've fallen in love. So sexy
Yeah, that's the thing......the next bottle I'm planning on getting is $80 for 3.4 oz! I've heard that the longevity is good though, so the bottle should hopefully last for awhile.

Sounds like a lot of people here have a lot more money than me :(:(:(

I literally can't name one type of cologne, shows how sophisticated I am I guess :p

1-3) armani acqua di gio

Well since I figure there are girls on here and my collection is ridiculous. :)
1. Betsey Johnson Too Too Pretty
2. VS Sexy Little Things Noir Tease
3. Viva La Juicy

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...beauty/11056761/ref=zg_bs_unv_bt_3_11059721_1

Marc Ecko EDT for me. Not overpowering like typical colognes, and yet sophisticated, clean and great for daily uses.

That's the one I use! Really like it, and smells better than more expensive ones.

Also for potential pre-meds who are looking to wear cologne to interviews, don't! A light touch of deodorant is enough. Everyone has different tastes, and you certainly don't want to force your own taste into the nostril of your interviewer for an entire hour!

You should do a lot of exercise and eat right, and you'll smell better to the opposite sex than cologne. Just sayin'

In no particular order:

Acqua Di Gio
Polo Red
Pasha by Cartier

..depends on the mood and occasion, I suppose ;)

f01.gif

-Blood.
-Sweat.
-Tears.

Reactions: 4 users
my fav is Burberry Brit. I only have samples though lol. looked for a fake one at walgreens and they only had it for women. I like aqua di gio as well.

Also,
InBeforeTheLock.gif

Tried:
L'Homme is my favorite every day cologne
Burberry London is also interesting
1 Million
Versace Pour Homme
Aqua di gio
I use my Cuba Brown for my room, smells better in the air than on my skin IMO
Plus some randoms like A&F and Polo in high school

Next buys:
Allure Homme
Jean Paul Gaultier
Dior Homme

Future buys :
Tom Ford
Aventus Creed
Bond no. 9

EROS by Versace
Burberry Sport
Coach Leather No. 2

I have tried so many colognes, and honestly my go to staple is Polo Double Black. Stuff smells amazing, always readily available at Macy's--kinda pricey at $78 for 4.2 oz bottle. But there are way more expensive colognes. Its a good "daily" cologne.

I have tried so many colognes, and honestly my go to staple is Polo Double Black. Stuff smells amazing, always readily available at Macy's--kinda pricey at $78 for 4.2 oz bottle. But there are way more expensive colognes. Its a good "daily" cologne.

Double black is definitely on the powerful side and not a "daily" one. It's excellent for nights out or special occasions though... says the many cologne experts I've encountered of course :)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though haha..not like my taste is most accurate.

I wore double black is my "daily" in high school when my then-girlfriend told me that it made me smell like her dad (awk?) and she was more attracted to me because of it...

1. Bleu de Chanel
2. Guilty by Gucci
3. Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef & Arpels

They all have very distinct smells, last for a very long time and the scent changes as the day goes on!

1. Fierce -Abercrombie & Fitch
  2. Acqua Di Gio -Giorgio Armani
  3. Armani Code -Giorgio Armani

Double black is definitely on the powerful side and not a "daily" one. It's excellent for nights out or special occasions though... says the many cologne experts I've encountered of course :)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though haha..not like my taste is most accurate.

I wore double black is my "daily" in high school when my then-girlfriend told me that it made me smell like her dad (awk?) and she was more attracted to me because of it...

Haha I rock it almost every day. Guess it is just a bit of a power move by me ;) And that thing about the girlfriend is kind of freaky man!! Lmao. Sigmund Freud would have a field day with that kind of ****.. haha

You should do a lot of exercise and eat right, and you'll smell better to the opposite sex than cologne. Just sayin'
Not sure if that is true, but I hardly put on cologne, maybe it is true. :)

i sweat excellence. no cologne needed

My friend swears by Creed Aventus because, well, he's rich and he can. That's like the only reason I think he wears it.

Night = Fierce - Abercrombie & Fitch

Day = still looking

My friend swears by Creed Aventus because, well, he's rich and he can. That's like the only reason I think he wears it.

Creed Aventus will always be a classic. I need to get some though.

The top two in my tiny collection are Aramis Reserve and Lacoste Red. Among perfumed oils, Al-Rehab Khaliji.

Abercrombie fierce is the best, hands down. At least it tends to make my panties magically dissappear

Am I mistaken that healthcare workers generally don't wear perfume?

Burberry London is a good go-to. I'm also partial to Terre d'Hermès and Acqua di Gio.

But as others have said, we were told to NOT wear cologne or fragrances, period in our student handbooks when it came to clinical settings. You never know who may have an adverse reaction to it, or be put off by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.