Cologne.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fierce -Abercrombie & Fitch
  2. Acqua Di Gio -Giorgio Armani
  3. Armani Code -Giorgio Armani

None of the docs I work with wear a scent. It's expressly stated that they're not to be worn in the hospital. What am I missing?

People still do it anyway.
I've gotten into hospital elevators and thought "goddamn, was this nurse/doctor generous with the spraying or did they just jump into a bathtub full of lavender, alcohol, and ambergris?"

Members don't see this ad.

Burberry London is a good go-to. I'm also partial to Terre d'Hermès and Acqua di Gio.

But as others have said, we were told to NOT wear cologne or fragrances, period in our student handbooks when it came to clinical settings. You never know who may have an adverse reaction to it, or be put off by it.

How have I not heard of burberry london? I'm a big fan of Burberry. #peacoat #wallet #fragrances #treatchoself

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I mean.. if you can afford one of their peacoats, I'm sure you could pick yourself up a bottle ;)

I can't actually.
I bought a peacoat from one of their London stores (I think the one in Covent Garden?) for about $1300 US.....then when I get home....exhaust system on my car started to fart out on me and I had to borrow money to pay for the $1400 repairs. I love my wonderful judgment and the decisions it leads me to in life. Sigh.

1-3) armani acqua di gio
Honestly when I tried this one, it smelled COMPLETELY different than what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be more like Cool Water or just something more aquatic, but it was more of a citrous scent to me.

I literally can't name one type of cologne, shows how sophisticated I am I guess :p
Well, as long as you wear deodorant, you should be good. Deodorant is so people don't smell you, cologne is so people can smell you.

Also,
InBeforeTheLock.gif
Yeah, I don't think this thread is going to get locked.

Well since I figure there are girls on here and my collection is ridiculous. :)
1. Betsey Johnson Too Too Pretty
2. VS Sexy Little Things Noir Tease
3. Viva La Juicy

Nice. #2 and 3 are definitely the way to go. :highfive:

Tried:
L'Homme is my favorite every day cologne
Burberry London is also interesting
1 Million
Versace Pour Homme
Aqua di gio
I use my Cuba Brown for my room, smells better in the air than on my skin IMO
Plus some randoms like A&F and Polo in high school

Next buys:
Allure Homme
Jean Paul Gaultier
Dior Homme

Future buys :
Tom Ford
Aventus Creed
Bond no. 9
Wait, by Jean Paul Gaultier do you mean Le Male? Sounds like you're got a pretty sweet collection going.

1. Fierce -Abercrombie & Fitch
  2. Acqua Di Gio -Giorgio Armani
  3. Armani Code -Giorgio Armani
People always like to hate on Abercrombie, but it's common knowledge in the world of scents that Fierce is one of the best colognes ever produced.

Reactions: 1 users
Burberry London is a good go-to. I'm also partial to Terre d'Hermès and Acqua di Gio.

But as others have said, we were told to NOT wear cologne or fragrances, period in our student handbooks when it came to clinical settings. You never know who may have an adverse reaction to it, or be put off by it.
Darn.......

Unfortunately, it probably will and in the last post the mods will direct you to the Pre-Allo Social Thread.
That's my bad then.......I didn't even know of "The Wolf Den" or the Pre-Allo Social threads when I posted this. I'll try to avoid that in the future.

Unfortunately, it probably will and in the last post the mods will direct you to the Pre-Allo Social Thread.

Bingo. Closing thread.

Pre-allo is for topics related to the application to medical school. For off-topic and social discussions, please use the Lounge, the official Pre-Allo social thread, or any of the Class of XXXX threads.

And no, healthcare workers usually don't wear cologne/perfume. Asthma and migraines can be triggered by scents.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.