Colorado not participating in ERAS...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lane

Passing gas
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I logged on to assign a LOR at the University of Colorado and saw this message:

"This program is no longer participating in ERAS. There is no need totake any action, this is just for your information. Please contact the program if you have any questions."

Any idea on what it may mean both for the program and for the applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

just a guess but i believe their deadline for apps was Oct. 1, so maybe this means they are not downloading anything anymore from ERAS. This is speculation, I just saw that myself and haven't heard anything official or from their PD/coordinator.

just a guess but i believe their deadline for apps was Oct. 1, so maybe this means they are not downloading anything anymore from ERAS. This is speculation, I just saw that myself and haven't heard anything official or from their PD/coordinator.
two of my LOR writers submitted their letters after october 1, so will they never see them? that seems a little odd, especially considering the deans letters will go out november 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree that it is weird. if you email the coordinator and get a response, let me know if you don't mind. i know that my husband, who is applying to a different specialty, had this happen and that's what it turned out to be. he had to call one place and ask if they would still download and they said they would, they just were not taking any more supporting docs from applicants as their deadline had passed. for what it's worth.

They downloaded a letter of mine yesterday which was first available on Monday so I don't think they won't see your downloaded letters. I think their just not accepting any more additional supplements to your application.

Spoke with secretary on Monday they are participating in ERAS some of their staff where out at the ASA meeting but they will be sending out 2nd round of invites Friday.