Colorado State University Online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gshocked

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently standing at a 3.52 cGPA and a 3.36 sGPA from a top-10 undergraduate school. All of my pre-reqs are completed, but I don't have too many BCPM classes outside of those.

I'm two years into a four-year stint with the Army Medical Department. I would like to take some online courses (probably math/statistics/histology) during the next two years to keep my mind academically sharp and help my sGPA out.

Will the juice be worth the squeeze?

Am I correct in assuming that any undergraduate courses taken will count in my GPA calculation - even though I already graduated with a degree?

Besides typically lab-based courses, are there any types of courses to avoid taking online?

Does anyone have any experience with the Colorado State University - Online program?

Members don't see this ad.

Many schools are still incredibly wary of online courses. I would steer clear from anything that is a pre-req or BCPM.

Reactions: 1 user
Which online program are you looking at CSU? I have my first degree from there (online) and yes I have been accepted to medical school. You have to weigh your options carefully. If you are trying to get a couple of prerequisites then don't stress too much, as long as you can show that the program was strong and respected with tests that were proctored not an open book online thing. Unless things changed in in the last year at CSU then the med school prep course (a masters or grad cert) then that program is full time on campus. Hope that helps.

Has anyone taken Microbiology, MIP 300 with Susan Deines? Her lectures are incredibly concise, but the text obviously goes into more detail. Any tips for studying for exams? They are multiple choice but you must provide a short answer for each one stating why you chose that answer.

Also I took Anatomy with Fraiser and Abnormal Psychology with Steger, and am taking Biochemistry with Sholders; so far my schools have accepted these courses.