Colorado State Veterinary Prep Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jxm5523

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.... I was wondering if there is anyone here who has gone through the vet prep program at Colorado State University or knows anybody who has. I spoke to an advisor there and she said I would probably be a good candidate but I would love to talk to somebody who has been through it or knows a lot about it. Any input is much appreciated. Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys.... I was wondering if there is anyone here who has gone through the vet prep program at Colorado State University or knows anybody who has. I spoke to an advisor there and she said I would probably be a good candidate but I would love to talk to somebody who has been through it or knows a lot about it. Any input is much appreciated. Thank you!!!
I know the vet preppers in my year pretty well. They all really liked the program. I think they felt like it gave them an advantage during the first year because you take most of the classes as a prep student (though they are a little different). If you are OOS it's nice because you get IS tuition after your prep year. It's also nice to have the guarantee of admission after you are done and the camaraderie with the other preppers. Down sides would be the cost of the program (only really an issue if you are IS) and the fact that you have to wait an additional year to start vet school.

Thanks for replying Fireflysushi!.... I'm very interested in this program because I think I fit the criteria for it. I would love to go to Colorado State CVM...How do you like the vet program there? I am OOS so I could definitely benefit from that program to become IS. Do you know if the preppers are all from diverse backgrounds or is it a pretty even mix of people? Also, do you know any of the preppers that would be interested in answering some of my questions :)? I would love to talk to one of them to see what attributes they had that made them stand out. Thanks again for replying.

The people in the group I know were from very varied backgrounds- some wealthy, some not, some had applied many times before, others were first timers. If you send me your email in a message I can send it to them so that you can ask Qs.