Colors of Transition Metals Ions??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amethyststar2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I came across this GC problem in Destroyer about the colors of transition metal ions, and I was wondering if this topic is something that I should be more familiar with..
Should I know a laundry list of the colors for different metals??? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

So I came across this GC problem in Destroyer about the colors of transition metal ions, and I was wondering if this topic is something that I should be more familiar with..
Should I know a laundry list of the colors for different metals??? :scared:

No. Just know that transition metals are luster. They give off shiny colors.

Yeah you do. You have to know what EACH transition metal will look like under different lighting conditions.

JK :)

I think you only know the fact that transition metals, unlike other metals, are colorful due to their ability to absorb different lights..

Yeah you do. You have to know what EACH transition metal will look like under different lighting conditions.

JK :)

I think you only know the fact that transition metals, unlike other metals, are colorful due to their ability to absorb different lights..

shibseki maderpacker!

lol JK:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure..but I remember Chad mentioning in one of his videos that most transition metals are brightly colored.