Columbia Interviews/Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UM09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been interviewed at Columbia yet? If so, have you heard back? I have an interview with them this Friday the 22nd and would really appreciate any tips!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been interviewed at Columbia yet? If so, have you heard back? I have an interview with them this Friday the 22nd and would really appreciate any tips!

All I know is that you should get a response within one week post-interview. I was also supposed to interview there on Friday, but withdrew my application.

That's usually how it works with Columbia. You should hear from them the week after the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
MinnDasota, have you interviewed with them?

No, I graduated from there in 2008.

When did you submit your application? I'm still waiting for the interview invite...Called them about 2 weeks ago, they said that they didnt even get to review my application yet..too many applicants.

Oops, i meant to say when did you submit Your application?

I submitted a day before the deadline haha

When did you submit your application? I'm still waiting for the interview invite...Called them about 2 weeks ago, they said that they didnt even get to review my application yet..too many applicants.

Ditto! I applied in mid-November and as of 2 weeks ago they hadn't reviewed my application yet either. I thought applying a month before deadline was early enough...guess not.

Anyone apply then or later AND got an interview from Columbia?

Oh wow, according to PTCAS mine was sent out Dec 15th.......but there is still some hope for us :)

"Interviews, required for program admission, will begin in November 2009 and continue through February 2010. Interviews are held Friday or Saturday.."

Oh wow, according to PTCAS mine was sent out Dec 15th.......but there is still some hope for us :)

"Interviews, required for program admission, will begin in November 2009 and continue through February 2010. Interviews are held Friday or Saturday.."

:xf: Here's to hoping!! :) Update us if you get an interview! All the programs are inundated with applications this year, geeze...

If I remember correctly, most interviews were held late Jan to late Feb. Unless the PTCAS has changed anything, hopefully you will all have interviews set up in the next few weeks. Good luck!

My app was mailed out dec 6, received an email for an interview a week later. Had an interview last week. Just found out today I was accepted.
Interivew was relaxed for me. No surprises! Good Luck to all!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
dpt4me, what was the format of the interview of you don't mind me asking - what types of questions did they ask, how many people were you interviewed by, etc.. my interview is this Friday! I'm a little nervous! Are you going to go there?

Freaking out about this interview more than any other... :scared:

So I'm reviewing their website material, my essays and common interview questions. For those who have interviewed there...am I missing anything to help prep for this interview? Besides breath and not freak out? Any insights you can share? Is there a lot of walking on the tour outside?

Thanks!

i found the interview extremely informal and conversational, and certainly the most pleasant of all the interviews i attended - if yours is REMOTELY like mine, than i can assure you that you've got nothing to worry about. it was also scheduled in conjunction with a really informative information session and presentation with students and faculty. my bet is that you'll enjoy it.

I'm one of the current students, and go to most of the info sessions to answer question and chat. It's a very informative day, very relaxed interview. DO NOT STRESS! Remember, if you get an interview, they know you're qualified. All you have to do is be yourself. They want to meet you, not your application. :D

I'm one of the current students, and go to most of the info sessions to answer question and chat. It's a very informative day, very relaxed interview. DO NOT STRESS! Remember, if you get an interview, they know you're qualified. All you have to do is be yourself. They want to meet you, not your application. :D

I agree with Wacokid. I helped out for a couple years with the meet and greet information sessions that followed the interviews (and even have had current or past students tell me that they chose the school based on our conversations). That's THE best time to find out about the program and if it suits you. So ask questions about the program. More importantly, ask the current students about stuff OUTSIDE the program!!! Be yourself, be relaxed. When I interviewed a few years ago, I had one of the peds profs...which made life easy cuz they're always super nice!!! Good luck everyone!!

Thanks guys! That feedback helps a lot and I'll try just to relax. I've had laid back interviews and some that weren't.

I will make sure I write them down tonight this time, in case I draw a blank... I'm so relieved that they do the info session and that it is a full day event. It's hard to sense if you'd be a good fit for the program if all you get is 30-60 minutes for an interview, like what many programs do.

Just want to go over my decision with my future husband, but yes, Columbia is it! :) I'll just have to get creative finding scholarships, etc. ;)

congrats Kyra4dpt! i just got an interview for columbia today.. hope to join you soon.

Just want to go over my decision with my future husband, but yes, Columbia is it! :) I'll just have to get creative finding scholarships, etc. ;)

Congrats! I loved my years there. Hope you do too!