Columbia University Medical Center Housing sublet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fuzemi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to sublet my room in Tower 2 at CUMC for the summer. The subletter must be female, and an affiliate of CUMC. The Towers are part of the graduate housing, come furnished, and is literally right next door to campus.

I know this isn't the housing classifieds section, but I figured I'd post here too... I'm currently an MPH student in Health Policy, and I definitely remember how it feels to have a million questions and very few answers, so I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about housing, student life, professors, etc! So feel free to PM me. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to sublet my room in Tower 2 at CUMC for the summer. The subletter must be female, and an affiliate of CUMC. The Towers are part of the graduate housing, come furnished, and is literally right next door to campus.

I know this isn't the housing classifieds section, but I figured I'd post here too... I'm currently an MPH student in Health Policy, and I definitely remember how it feels to have a million questions and very few answers, so I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about housing, student life, professors, etc! So feel free to PM me. :)
Hey Fuzemi!

In your experience, how receptive have professors been to making appointments, establishing relationships, and networking?

It's been kind of a mixed experience. In general, the professors are really friendly. The problem is that they're all extremely busy, and a lot of my professors are off to Egypt or DC or somewhere right after class. This happens a lot more than you'd expect. But they're great to talk with after class, if they're not rushing off someplace, and a lot of them show up for the department mixers. They're also very willing to network. We have mandatory practicums in the summer, and many of them are found through professor networks. But it's really a matter of catching them at the right time.