Columbia vs. UVM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ogedoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone! I would really appreciate any and all help you can give me!

I am graduating from UVM this December and have an acceptance to Columbia and UVM for PostBac. Columbia would be starting this January and UVM would be starting this coming summer. If I decide not to go to Columbia in January, I plan on applying to JHU, Goucher, Scripps, UVA, Bryn Mawr (I am not super confident in getting into the top schools). Should I just go to Columbia or take a chance on applying to the other schools? Is Columbia's program seen as higher caliber compared to UVM? I am worried that staying at UVM will look like "the easy way" to medical school admissions- thoughts on this? Obviously Columbia's tuition is significantly higher, along with the cost of living in NYC. I would be finishing both programs Spring 2016, so the time frame is not an issue.

Thanks so much!
Hello, I don't have a answer to your question but I am planning on applying to both programs next year. Any advice for getting into these post bacc programs?