Combining Clinical and Research Careers in Neuroscience Symposium

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmblue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm attending this symposium in DC http://www.aupn.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3279

Anyone ever go or know anything about it? It was free, relevant to my interests, and provided me with an excuse to visit an old friend for a couple days.

Members don't see this ad.

necro bump...

Has anyone attended this or can comment on the usefulness of attending?

I went to this meeting a million years ago and made some friends on Facebook. Sadly, based on my estimates ~ 80% of those who attended the meeting have since then exited the research track. I don't remember what I learned or got out exactly from the meeting at all. Nothing really... except Story Landis seemed like a nice person.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a meeting organized by the several professional organizations (AUPN, ANA) and NINDS. It is ran by senior clinician-scientists. Several of my students have attended and liked it very much. One of my students just got accepted for this upcoming conference.

Last edited:
This is a meeting organized by the several professional organizations (AUPN, ANA) and NINDS. It is ran by senior clinician-scientists. Several of my students have attended and liked it very much. One of my students just got accepted for this upcoming conference.

Thanks @Fencer! I just got accepted for the upcoming conference too! I applied for it because it was interesting and relevant to my career goals. However, I ran into some problems with my originally scheduled defense date, so now I don't know if I'll be done in time to make it to DC.