Come on.. run the d*** algorithm thing and give us our fate now!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hah?

• I agree

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • I am cool, I have time

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • whatever

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • d***, I wish I studied more for step 1

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Why I choose to become a doctor?

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

one11

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
no need to suffer 23 days ..

Members don't see this ad.

7f77546945f948560cdc26b12b99d5ccd390c2e39d2849d3423ae7608dac066a.jpg

Best of luck to everyone in a month! :)

Someone did a simulation of the algorithm and it takes <30s. (So basically the intervening time is just for paperwork.) I'm not sure if this made me more or less nervous lol.

The match algorithm is done within about two days--the rest of the time is doing double-checks, checking integrity of the system, et etc. I don't know about others, but I was happy wait an extra few weeks if it essentially nullifies the chance of me being told "oops--you actually didn't match to that program," or worse, "you didn't actually match at all." Of course you could also be told you didn't match at all only to find out you actually did. There's a reason it takes so long.

OK--I was actually kind of annoyed by it. But in hindsight you realize a few weeks really doesn't make a big difference. Eat, drink, be merry, an enjoy 4th year.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm all for a wait if I get quality in return. What other system spends a month to ensure quality control? They're like artisan crafted match results lol...

The match algorithm is done within about two days--the rest of the time is doing double-checks, checking integrity of the system, et etc. I don't know about others, but I was happy wait an extra few weeks if it essentially nullifies the chance of me being told "oops--you actually didn't match to that program," or worse, "you didn't actually match at all." Of course you could also be told you didn't match at all only to find out you actually did. There's a reason it takes so long.

OK--I was actually kind of annoyed by it. But in hindsight you realize a few weeks really doesn't make a big difference. Eat, drink, be merry, an enjoy 4th year.
and the month wait is actually the shortest of the waits...ITE and Board certifications results are 2-3 months...

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think waiting a few weeks is a huge deal, but finding out earlier and having a few extra weeks to find apartments, etc. would be nice
yeah, it would be nice to know where earlier so my SO can find work and us a place. But, it is what it is.......